Franklin Pierce Hybrid 2023-2024 Cycle

31 minutes ago, Lisa1 said:

Creating this thread for the hybrid program at Franklin Pierce for 2023-2024. Good luck to all those applying this cycle!

To give some background, I am applying to both Texas and Arizona and I am a first time applicant!

I am also applying to both programs. I received an email from both programs today (05/09) confirming the receipt of my application. Fingers crossed!! This is my 2nd application cycle.

Edited by MMthePrePA

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, prepa2121 said:

Are you able to submit the application before completing casper?

I submitted mine before completing CASPER exam I just did mine this week but to my knowledge they won’t review your application until it’s received.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, TiffanyC said:

Applying this week to both as well! Curious what you all thought of the CASper test? Any prep needed, or just go for it?

they have a practice on the CASPER website, that’s the best prep as its the same exact structure as the test! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TiffanyC said:

Applying this week to both as well! Curious what you all thought of the CASper test? Any prep needed, or just go for it?

I took it last year with little prep and didn’t do well. This cycle I took it and watched some youtube videos on tips for the CASPER and looked over the practice test on the website to get familiar with the layout better and did very well this time around! I would say prep at least some to know the layout!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TiffanyC said:

I went for it honestly, did no studying whatsoever and felt fine taking it. CASPer has practice exams you can take to get comfortable with the format of the exam. Its testing your judgement and ability to react to situations in a short time, a lot of scenarios they gave are similar to things I have been through so that made it easier. I'm still waiting on my score, if you have time do a practice run if you dont just do your best on the test its video responses and writing prompts. 

FYI- I received this clarification via email on the 8 required credits for "Biology with Labs" prerequisite:

Note- The developing Texas campus program only requires 4 credits! 

Some of the courses that qualify as biological sciences may include equivalents of the following. However, this is not an exhaustive list: 

General Biology

Principles of Biology

Foundations of Biology

Biology of Humans

Cellular Biology

Developmental Biology

Molecular Biology

Neurobiology

Embryology or Human Development

Histology

Bacteriology

Virology

Parasitology

Biology of Cancer

Ecology & Evolution

Immunology

Genetics
Zoology
Pathophysiology

Courses that definitely do not fall into the category of this “Biological Sciences” include:

Nutrition

Kinesiology

Chemistry of any kind

Microbiology (already listed as a requirement)

Kind Regards,

Pam O’Brien

Pam O’Brien

Admissions Coordinator

Master of Physician Assistant Studies

Franklin Pierce University

(603) 316-4431 (EST)

NH: https://www.franklinpierce.edu/mpas-nh

AZ:  https://www.franklinpierce.edu/mpas-az

TX:  https://www.franklinpierce.edu/mpas-tx

On 6/8/2023 at 11:58 PM, Lisa1 said:

So far I’ve only heard back from the Texas program about the in depth review and confirmation for Arizona. Should we make separate threads to avoid confusion 

Just got a follow up email today to this that it is undergoing an in depth review and will receive an email essentially with either interview or rejection next 

I received an email today stating: 

Your application has been forwarded for a more in-depth review by the faculty. 

You will receive a status update by email, either advising that you are eligible for an interview or letting you know that your application is no longer being considered. 

On 6/14/2023 at 11:52 AM, Lisa1 said:

Has anyone got any updates from the Arizona campus or only the Texas one? I'm trying to gauge if I will hear back anytime soon since the Texas one was fairly quick with their decision. 

Sorry for the hundredth message from me, I reached out to Pam a couple days ago and will post here in case anyone else is in the same boat. The decision from one school does not determine the decision for the other, both schools are independent she said, and she did notify me that my application has been received for both locations and only underwent review by faculty for Texas but not Arizona as of yet. 

46 minutes ago, salwarahaman said:

Application received email - June 13

Application passed initial base-line review email - June 16 

Application forwarded for more in-depth review email - June 21

This is for the TEXAS developing program. 

That's great news! Did you already complete the Casper? If so, how long did it take to get those results back?