Online Classes-Add to the List!

Should pre requisites be completed at various colleges online? Are there any colleges that offer some sort degree for these pre-reqs with the addition of a few other courses? Perhaps a sort of associates in biology?

Its going to be quite expensive.

I have foudn a few MS programs but not so many lower level degrees.

Most of us find it more beneficial to get the degree locally and a few pre-reqs that we cant fit into a normal schedule through online means

For example it is easier for me to go through rio saldo for bio because I can complete both in 16 weeks meaning my pre-reqs will be done before I apply. To me this is better than asking my new boss for three days off over the whole summer so I can take the same class on campus. Yes it will cost me twice as much and be harder since I will basically have to teach myself BUT it fits my schedule :rolleyes:

intro to biochem for 585.00 (I think thats the oos price)

http://ensu.nsula.edu/course-schedules/

anyone taken this class? im thinking about it, i just signed up for oregon state, but im pretty sure its not to late to back out

edit: i was trying to find OOS fee for 3 credits on here :

http://ensu.nsula.edu/assets/PDFs/TuitionFeesFall2009.pdf

im unsure though, its kind of confusing

Edited by r3pnit

for the A&P class at ClovisCC, is there a way to look at the syllabus before signing up for the class?

What I try to do is to contact the departmet/instructor directly. doing a course search will usually give you the professors name and sometimes email. if it does not give you an email you can try looking for a faculty directory or contacting the department to get contact info for the instructor

anyone know a good biochem online course? i heard une, but its to much, im taking oregon state right now, its alright, lots of work, but its only a ten week course..... but i hear bad things and good things, iuno what to expect on the exam....... my school wont accept the uc berkley because its an intro to biochem... anyone know of any other schools?

anyone taken this class? im thinking about it, i just signed up for oregon state, but im pretty sure its not to late to back out

edit: i was trying to find OOS fee for 3 credits on here :

http://ensu.nsula.edu/assets/PDFs/TuitionFeesFall2009.pdf

im unsure though, its kind of confusing

2nd page under shreveport campus has the chart for campuses/internet

found out school wont take class anyway, cause the syllabus looks like a combo class... think ima just stick with Oregon state university... no problems so far

geeze...what school are you applying/atttending so I make sure I dont apply because the few I plan to apply to that do require bio chem or organic are willing to accept that course

Guest dreamdriven

I'm in the same boat... I am looking for biochem and organic chem classes that don't cost an arm and leg. I don't do my best in these type of sciences classes and I wanted to see if anyone has any thoughts on these classes that are challenging but not brutal to pass...

Thanks

Edited by dreamdriven
incomplete post

I'm in the same boat... I am looking for biochem and organic chem classes that don't cost an arm and leg. I don't do my best in these type of sciences classes and I wanted to see if anyone has any thoughts on these classes that are challenging but not brutal to pass...

Thanks

if you would have trouble learning it in a traditional classroom I would suspect that it would be even more difficult online because essentially you are teaching yourself. its you responsiblity to cover the material in a away that is comfortable for you and to stay on track.

many have online exams but I have found that most require the final to be proctored so you truly have to know the material to pass the course

I was going to go through them but they dont have chem or bio and well only 2 pa programs that I know of require physics--which quickly made them a no-go among other required courses:rolleyes:

I was going to take the BYU physics class, but then I checked one of your earlier posts about the course being available online at Edison State College. Sure enough, it was! So I'm taking that class now. Thank you for the lead.

Anyone taking medical terminology course from corexel.com? If so, how do you rate the class?

You do realize that you are only going to get CEUs for taking the course---not college credit. if you want college credit there is an additional 300.00 fee on top of the 300+ tuition you already paid.

You could probably find the course cheaper with a local accredited school