Online Classes-Add to the List!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Any good CHEAP biochemistry courses??? It's a hard find I know......but I know of une, rio Salado, and calcampus. Any other good options?

I took it through Kansas State University and it was an excellent class but definitely not cheap. It was definitely worth the money, though.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

First thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread as it is incredibly helpful. However, I've read through every page and still need some help.

I must complete a Medical Terminology course by September 1, meaning I would have 2.5-3 weeks to complete it. So, I need a self-paced, 100% online, 3-credit course. Found one at UF, but it comes out to be $900 with tuition+book! :=Z:

Anyone have any suggestions for an online -inexpensive:

cell biology?

embryology

immunology ( I've heard not so great things about UC Berkley's)

pharmacology (I'm thinking of doing UND if you have any feedback about that)

epidemiology

biochemistry (other then UNE - too expensive)

...or any other upper level science you took and loved. thanks guys :)

I would not recommend the Gen Chem I online class at Clovis. It was very basic, felt like I did not learn much and I felt like it did not give me a firm Chem foundation. It was an easy A but since I had to take Chem II somewhere else I struggled, I mean struggled in Chem II since the class at Clovis did not prepare me for much. Hope this helps. Best of luck!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bump..

Anyone have any suggestions for an online -inexpensive:

cell biology?

embryology

immunology ( I've heard not so great things about UC Berkley's)

pharmacology (I'm thinking of doing UND if you have any feedback about that)

epidemiology

biochemistry (other then UNE - too expensive)

...or any other upper level science you took and loved. Also any feedback Bout any of the uc Berkeley online classes? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ADVICE!!!

I have literally taken every single course that has been listed and gotten A's in the electives but got C's in gen chem I and II and B's in biology I and II as well as anatomy and physiology (freshman year was not my best) as a result my science GPA sucks. I have signed up to take all of these classes again at a CC (got my BS in May) and am now wondering if this is the best course of action to be taking.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi, anyone know of a self-paced online Genetics course I can take in the spring? I am going to be out of the country for a month so the only way I could do it would be if it is self paced. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

UC Berkeley has a Genetics course that gives you 6 months to complete. I've heard from one person that it's solid and I'm in the process of enrolling in it as I type this so I should be able to shed more light on it in the coming months.

Do NOT take BYUs Online Genetics course, it is HORRIBLE! I'm taking it now and even though it was cheap ($500) and easy to register, it may just be the worst course I have ever taken at the University level - and I have a Masters Degree! HORRIBLE! The book is from 1999 and the online quizzes are almost impossible b/c the book is so poor!