Online Classes-Add to the List!

has anyone taken any courses online at Idaho State University?

i took their intro to micro and stats (however i never completed the stats, kinda of wasted money)... what do you want to know? I'm pretty sure alot of the classes may be tought different, but i could atleast tell you about the intro to micro, its only 3 credits though

i mean it sucked cause most pa schools need micro with lab, and thats just the 3 micro credits.. so i had to take micro all over again.. the course was pretty easy to me though, i learned alot. I dont know how their other classes are though, i took my med term somewhere else: at columbia state ( i believe this was the name), i thought that was very easy as well, and it was a cheap price, i cant remember how much, but im pretty sure it was under 200, not a 100% though

if your school is accredited then it either holds national or regional accredidation

someone explained that national accredidation is easy to get and that many "mill" type schools have national accredidation (if that) however most state schools and respectable private schools have regional acredidation

I know I have asked this in another thread, but this one might be more suited to get the members' insights.

I need a one-credit Physiology Lab, but can't seem to find it anywhere. I live in NY. Brooklyn College is the only place I know that offers the lab only. It's too late for me to register for Spring 2010. I took the Anatomy class + lab already. I also took the Physiology class, but missing the lab.

Does anyone know where I can take this lab? Or any online lab course, if any? Thank you.

I know I have asked this in another thread, but this one might be more suited to get the members' insights.

I need a one-credit Physiology Lab, but can't seem to find it anywhere. I live in NY. Brooklyn College is the only place I know that offers the lab only. It's too late for me to register for Spring 2010. I took the Anatomy class + lab already. I also took the Physiology class, but missing the lab.

Does anyone know where I can take this lab? Or any online lab course, if any? Thank you.

if I come across one Ill let you know...so far all I have seen are labs for tha A&P combo courses whiich mean syou would have to take both in order to get the full learnings in physiology

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DanyelleS
whats it matter if its regionally/ nationally accredited?

i know my college has no care, they still accept the credits, as long as its accredited... most online colleges, especially out west seem to be regionally accredited.

Regionally accredited schools will accept credits from other regionally accredited schools, as applicable to the program, course level, etc. National accreditation is generally worthless for transfer to a regionally accredited institution, and in my experience most regionally accredited institutions won't even want you to bother sending your nationally accredited transcripts. And if you are going to a school that will accept credits from any sort of accreditation, then it is probably a nationally accredited school. State universities/colleges and reputable private ones are regionally accredited.

By the way, there are many different accrediting organizations out there. Some are legit, and some are made up and thrown on the school's website to try to give the impression of being a respectable institution. Others are specific to a certain type of training.

Lansing Community College

http://www.lcc.edu/elearning/students/

No application fee to apply :)

Tuition per credit: MI resident $134, Out-of-State $201

BIOL203 Microbiology 3 cr (F, Sp, Su)

BIOL214 Human Anatomy Laboratory 1 cr (F, Sp, Su)

CHSE114 Pathology - Allied Health 3 cr (F, Sp)

CHSE117 Health Law and Ethics 2 cr (F, Sp, Su)

CHSE120 Medical Terminology 4 cr (F, Sp, Su)

MATH120 College Algebra 4 cr (F, Sp)

NURS200 Pharmacology - Nursing 3 cr (F, Sp, Su)

PFHW123 Human Nutrition 3 cr (F, Sp, Su)

PSYC205 Human Growth and Development 3 cr (F, Sp, Su)

PSYC250 Abnormal Psychology 3 cr (F, Sp, Su)

STAT170 Introduction to Statistics 3 cr (F, Sp, Su)

I plan on taking the Microbiology course this summer and my friend is currently taking the Nutrition course. He says its really easy recommends it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let people know that I confirmed yesterday with Charles Drew's admissions office that they do NOT accept online courses with an lab component. Non-lab classes are fine for online, but if there is a lab involved, it must be taken in a traditional classroom format.

Just wanted to let people know that I confirmed yesterday with Charles Drew's admissions office that they do NOT accept online courses with an lab component. Non-lab classes are fine for online, but if there is a lab involved, it must be taken in a traditional classroom format.

Who did you speak to? Thats different that what i was told. If this is true it totally sucks!!! Every community college in CA is totally full. It will take a LONG time to get into these classes. sigh. This ruined my day!