Online Classes-Add to the List!

CCCO has the classes all together. You pick which ever home school you want but you will actually take classes through CCCO.

I'm taking classes there now. It's kinda pricey at around $270 per credit hour. The classes seem cool so far but there's tons of homework and such. Each class takes more time than a traditional class.

Some classes have lectures in mp3 format so you can listen to them; others have them in multimedia. The professors for the most part seem okay but one actually told me to Google an answer to a queastion I had when I emailed him to ask. Seriously, someone asks a specific question and rather than just responding with an answer you say "google it" what a schmuck. If I wanted to google my education I wouldn't pay over $1000 for a class. But CCCO does offer a bunch of classes I didn't find any place else.

Thanks for the input! Sorry for the slow reply. I took the last half of my undergrad through online classes, so I'm familiar with the layout and the fact that they can require more work. However, I noticed that in the course listings for Anatomy & Physiology I and II that it does not say "w/ Lab" in the class title. Reading through the course description, they say that a hands on lab learning experience in required. Do you know if the online version includes a lab, or do we need to go elsewhere for a class that includes the lab? Sam question in regards to their Microbiology class. Thanks!

Sphingo - I took pathophysiology online through washtenaw community college and it was very easy and manageable! The price is great...like $87/credit hr regardless of residency status. I highly recommend it.

Thank you countingstars. Chemeka college is $72/credit hr plus $9/credit for universal fee (do not know what that fee is), comes total $81 (no out of state charge for online students). But I will definitely check it out at washtenaw college. Does it offer in the spring? Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the input! Sorry for the slow reply. I took the last half of my undergrad through online classes, so I'm familiar with the layout and the fact that they can require more work. However, I noticed that in the course listings for Anatomy & Physiology I and II that it does not say "w/ Lab" in the class title. Reading through the course description, they say that a hands on lab learning experience in required. Do you know if the online version includes a lab, or do we need to go elsewhere for a class that includes the lab? Sam question in regards to their Microbiology class. Thanks!

Human Anatomy&Physiology I:SC1 - 32443 - BIO 201 - C11

It is online and 4 credit hours. Lecture + Lab Here is the description from the catalog.

BIO 201 Human Anatomy & Physiology I: SC1

4 Credit Hours • 75 Contact Hours (45 Lecture, 30 Lab)

Prerequisite: BIO 111 (Grade of C or higher) or permission of Department Chair

Focuses on an integrated study of the human body, including the histology, anatomy, and physiology of each system. Examines molecular, cellular, and tissue levels of organization plus integuments, skeletal, articulations, muscular, nervous, and endocrine systems. Includes a mandatory hands-on laboratory experience covering experimentation, microscopy, observations, and dissection. This is the first semester of a two-semester sequence.

The class I have shown here starts Jan 24, 2011 and ends May 08, 2011

Can anyone share their experience with organic chem or intro general, organic, biochem class online through Chemeketa online ? I am looking for an organic chem class that's not too difficult and completely online with a lab.

I think I decided against them because many of their courses required a lab to be completed on campus

I think I decided against them because many of their courses required a lab to be completed on campus

Yes, i realised that as well, did you ever find one with a lab that is done online ? I'm still looking. UNE is way too expensive and Weber wont work for me since the class cannot be a combination class... it must be strictly organic chem or intro to organic chem.

Hi all

I live in NY and its really hard to find an open medical terminology class :-(

Does anyone know any distance learning programs that offer medical terminology and genetics.

Oh and PS: It would be nice if tuition was low :-)

See here: http://www.physicianassistantforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29039&p=275787&viewfull=1#post275787

Sphingo - I took pathophysiology online through washtenaw community college and it was very easy and manageable! The price is great...like $87/credit hr regardless of residency status. I highly recommend it.

Do you have to arrange for a proctor for the Pathophysiology online at Washtenaw CC? Or can you do the computer proctor thing from home?

Hjohnson - unless they change things, you will not need a proctor. All of the quizzes and exams are done online, they are timed but I always finished early. Also, if you have a problem with the verifying your identity process in the application phase call them and explain you are taking classes online only. They let me scan in my driver's license and email it to them.

Hi everyone: I need the following courses and the all MUST have a lab. Any ideas besides the schools listed in the thread (I have a bookmarked list) where I would be able to take the majority of the courses?

General Chemistry

Biochemistry

Microbiology

Human A&P I

Human A&P II

Of the 4 schools I plan to apply to, one school requires a statistic course and medical terminology but I need to focus on the above mentioned courses this semester. Please let me know if there is one online program that has most if not all of these courses WITH a lab.

Hi All:

I am looking for the following online courses where you can start ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, and that don't have a limited number of slots. Most online courses timeframe run with a community college semester and quarter and can fill up. Others (like U.N.E. or UC Berkeley Extension) have self-paced, start when you want classes. I am looking for that style for the following:

College Algebra

Medical Terminology

General Psychology

Human Lifespan Development (Lifespan Psychology)

Essentially, depending on which PA program I ultimately plan to attend (I have been accepted to two with a few pending interviews) affects which prereqs I need to take. As soon as the school is nailed down, then I plan to start taking the last required prereq(s). immediately. I just need to find the school that offers online courses in this self-paced, enroll anytime, non-term based style. Thanks!

Edited by treejay

Hi All:

I am looking for the following online courses where you can start ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, and that don't have a limited number of slots. Most online courses timeframe run with a community college semester and quarter and can fill up. Others (like U.N.E. or UC Berkeley Extension) have self-paced, start when you want classes. I am looking for that style for the following:

College Algebra

Medical Terminology

General Psychology

Human Lifespan Development (Lifespan Psychology)

Essentially, depending on which PA program I ultimately plan to attend (I have been accepted to two with a few pending interviews) affects which prereqs I need to take. As soon as the school is nailed down, then I plan to start taking the last required prereq(s). immediately. I just need to find the school that offers online courses in this self-paced, enroll anytime, non-term based style. Thanks!

Check out Rio Salado College. It's not truly self-paced, but they have a lot of courses with sections starting every monday throughout the semester. You can also request an 8 week class schedule rather than a 16 week schedule. Here is what they have for Psych courses this spring:

http://www.riosalado.edu/schedule/Pages/schedule.aspx?prefix=PSY