Hello all!

I am sure there are already several similar topics already on here, but I am struggling to find them. I am wondering if anyone has compiled a list of schools that do or do not accept online anatomy and physiology courses if taken during quarantine. I have checked the websites of several schools that make no statements on how their prereq requirements have been altered in response to the pandemic. If anyone has any recommendations I would be very grateful.

Thank you!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Kalebmi20
      Hello PA Forum,
      I am new to the pre-PA path, and I am a bit overwhelmed by the things that need to get done over the next years. I am finishing up my freshman year and have decided that getting into PA school is my goal. After some research I have come to the understanding that I need to have prerequisite courses completed. However, I am very lost on where to start. Some schools require upper level this and lower level that. I dont want to waste any more time then I already have, given that I have been a CS major for my entire first year, so Im very worried about making the wrong choices for next semester. Here is a run down of the classes I've taken as a freshman CS student (I will switch out to another major). Keep in mind I have not taken introductory English courses because of AP college credit. 

1st Sem:
      Bio 101, CPSC 120, POSC 100, Pre-Calculus
      2nd Sem: 
      Geology 101, CPSC 121, Calculus I, HCOM 100

What should I take this summer or in the fall? I would greatly appreciate some guidance. Registration is in a few weeks and I do not have too much time to make a decision on my fall classes. I was thinking of taking a more challenging course over the summer so I could focus on it by itself, and maybe take psychology next semester, but I feel like im missing something like chemistry or anatomy.
    • By KH21444
      Hello!
      I'm currently in my undergrad program taking my prerequisites for PA school. I plan on graduating in the Spring of 2023 and applying for PA school that same year.
      As I begin my PA school research, I keep having self-doubts on my ability to learn the content in PA school, which questions my ability to "make it" as a PA.
      While I am doing well in my undergrad/prerequisite courses, I fear I am not genuinely learning the information - just merely memorizing and doing well on exams. My question is: Will I/How badly will I struggle in PA school if I don't remember/didn't efficiently learn the coursework from prerequisites like Biology/A&P/Chemistry?
      I do not fear applying for PA school/getting accepted (aware that it may not happen the first time I apply), but my current GPA is 3.8 and I've been working full-time as a medical assistant for 3 years (plenty of PCE, HCE & shadowing). However, I fear getting into PA school and having the feeling of "what did I get myself into". I've had PAs that I work for all tell me that I can do it, but I keep having this lingering self-doubt that my ADHD brain and I will not be able to grasps concepts like others will due to my lack of deep understanding during prerequisites (and just having recently been diagnosed with ADHD & still learning what medication works best for me).
      Is this feeling normal?
      Thank you to whoever can give me some honest insight!
    • By Tarantino
      Hi, everyone. I'm a non-traditional student, wrapping up my associate's degree in psychology from a small state school (not a community college) in Georgia. This college only offers 3 bachelor degrees, which is why I would finish elsewhere. I was a student at Arizona State Online, but transferred to take my prerequisites and labs in person. All my science prerequisites with in-person labs for PA programs will be done prior to transferring to the next college for my bachelor's degree. Now that I'm almost done, I was originally planning to then finish my degree through ASU, but am now considering finishing it at my local university for various reasons. Here's the two options I have:

Option A: Finish my bachelor's degree in psychology at my local university.
      PROS: Graduate with less than $10k in debt. Get hands-on experience in research. More than likely get a stronger letter of recommendation.
      CONS: It would take longer to finish. I would barely get by, working part-time and living paycheck to paycheck. I would have to devote more time to in-person classes, which would take away from my income and time to do other things. Less volunteer hours. ALL clinical hours will be in private EMS, so my hands-on experience and skills won't be utilized as much, as it's 95% mostly transporting stable patients.
      Option B: Finish my bachelor's degree in psychology at Arizona State University (online).
      PROS: Accelerated program and can finish in 1.5 years instead of 2.5 years. Work in 911 EMS, which means better hands-on experience and utilizing my skills more - I think this will also make me a better provider in the future. More time to work, which means more income. More time not in a physical class, which means more time to volunteer, which is less stressful since I also have more money in general. Still get to go graduate in person.
      CONS: Graduate with around $30k in debt. Weaker letters of recommendation. Little research opportunity. Obvious I finished my degree online because the college is 20+ hours away.

Although it would cost more to finish at ASU, I could become a PA faster, which means it would actually be better financially IF I were to get into both at the same cycle.
    • By PAstudent817923
      Hi, 

I am seeking help from my fellow PA students/previous PA students on what do to about not doing well in Anatomy. I just failed my second exam (and also failed the first one) after thinking it was going to go better the second time around. I definitely have changed my study habits since the beginning and I have felt that they have been working better, but clearly not. I have been meeting with my professor and advisor and I am still just having trouble pinpointing what I am doing that just isn’t working. I have done a lot of my own research and tried implementing other study techniques but nothing seems to be working. If you guys could please just tell me what you did to be successful, I would appreciate it so much. 
    • By Cpatter1
      Hello everyone,
      I am currently a junior about to start my applications to PA School! 
      I have most of my pre-reqs done, but last semester when I was signing up for classes I could not take genetics due to the capacity of the class, I instead took molecular genetics. Does anyone know if this class is substitutable?
      My advisor said it should be fine, but I just wanted to get some outside opinions because I have heard of people not getting into schools do to inadequate courses.
      Please let me know your thoughts!
      Best,
      Cade P.

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More