Yale PA Online 2021 Application Cycle

2 minutes ago, Ellegray said:

I hope you are verified that quickly! Mine took a week. I have heard of anything between a couple of hours and a couple of weeks. Most important thing is you have submitted! The benefit of hitting the June 1st deadline is simply that you’ll receive an admissions decision sooner. 

Yes, the variability in times is there for sure! Last time it took two hours for my verification and it was in the middle of the day. Who knows! Good luck to you!

11 hours ago, tx808 said:

Thanks for the info. I see the priority deadline is today on the website. I'm just wondering if there is a real difference in submitting by that deadline or not. I will submit here in few and feel like I'll be verified by midnight but maybe not by close of business. Fingers crossed since I'm not sure which time they use!

Yes, you are correct today is the priority deadline! Each school is classified differently through CASPA though in regards to how their deadlines work. Yale falls in the blue category which states that a person only has to submit their application by the deadline in order to meet it. So whether or not you are verified by tonight or not as long as you submitted your application by today, you meet the priority deadline 😊

6 hours ago, ftpa18 said:

For those who have gotten interviews: Can you share you stats and PCE experience/hours? FIrst time or reapplicant? When did you submit, verified and interview request/date? 

Hi! I actually don't think it's really constructive to share stats especially since they're holistic. As long as you meet the requirements, they will look at your application. I'm actually a 2nd time applicant (1st time applying to Yale). First generation and grew up in the middle of nowhere Ohio! I submitted to Yale last (like May 19) and I was verified soon after. Got my invite 5 days after submitting my application, and I'm doing the June 8th interview date. 🙂

• Like 7

9 hours ago, ftpa18 said:

For those who have gotten interviews: Can you share you stats and PCE experience/hours? FIrst time or reapplicant? When did you submit, verified and interview request/date? 

I agree with the above poster about not sharing your stats. It's really counterproductive. I can tell you the last cycle I applied to there were definitely people who had much more impressive stats than mine but I still managed to get an interview. As Tylmchl mentioned as long as you meet the requirements it really is anybody's guess on what they're looking for and worrying about other people's stats just adds unnecessary pressure and doubt on whether you belong here. Just make sure you really knock it out of the park with your essays and show them that you belong in this program. 

Good luck to you. :) 

• Like 2

I could not agree more regarding the sharing of stats. We all have different strengths and weaknesses, and the only person I am competing with is myself. Those of us who have submitted or will be submitting reached/will be reaching a giant milestone by simply hitting that "submit" button, we've all worked equally hard to get here. I wish the best and luck to ALL applicants, be proud of yourselves! 💖

- Ryan

• Like 5

On 6/1/2021 at 10:14 AM, PrePA2614 said:

Hi everyone!!

This is my second cycle applying and I am so excited! My application was verified this morning so I am now patiently waiting to hear back! I am from Missouri and currently work as a CNA in Postpartum at a local hospital. I love how encouraging everyone on this thread is and I hope to have the opportunity to meet many of you in the future!! Good luck to everyone applying!

Hi!  Your job sounds fulfilling (and incredibly important), glad you're here! I've heard so many mothers say that nurses and CNA's on postpartum units are absolute angels on earth. 🙂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RyWanaBPA said:

I could not agree more regarding the sharing of stats. We all have different strengths and weaknesses, and the only person I am competing with is myself. Those of us who have submitted or will be submitting reached/will be reaching a giant milestone by simply hitting that "submit" button, we've all worked equally hard to get here. I wish the best and luck to ALL applicants, be proud of yourselves! 💖

I agree with you Ryan!

Good luck to you all!! We all did an incredible job for being where we are. One day we will all be PAs😊

Jean. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Ellegray said:

Couldn’t agree more! I’m loving how encouraging, supportive and helpful this group is. It would be fabulous to keep it that way and let admissions do their thing 🙌🏻

Good luck to ALL of you! 💜

Nawww, yes!! I love this. Some excel in areas others may have weaknesses in, and that helps make the class stronger and more diverse! 

• Like 4

On 5/23/2021 at 10:13 PM, Zoe777 said:

Helloooo fellow Texan! 🙂

I need to get down to Austin for a visit, I've seen some beautiful pics and travel blogs from the area; definitely on my list of things to do!

Best of luck with your application,

Zoe

Thank you! Good luck to you! Yes Austin is fantastic, it's changed a lot over the last few years though. 😪 But lots of amazing greenery and live music is amazing, well when COVID isn't a thing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ARHEES said:

Hi everyone, Im a little confused as to how the priority deadline works. I submitted my application on May 31st and was verified on June 1st. Does this mean that I am still considered priority? 

Hi,

I believe you met the priority deadline!! Good luck with your application!

Jean. 

• Like 1

Hello all! 
I was wondering if y’all could provide some feedback on the supplemental app questions. The first one about primary care is REALLY throwing me. Anyone have any inspo or different take on the question? Not looking to plagiarize just bounce ideas around because I’m stumped!

I'm applying to them this cycle as well! My admissions counselor is Subash! He's amazing! 

Also, has anyone had experience with virtual PA shadowing? What was your experience? would you recommend it? is there anyone I can contact to help me get a few shadowing hours? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KNAP25 said:

I'm applying to them this cycle as well! My admissions counselor is Subash! He's amazing! 

Also, has anyone had experience with virtual PA shadowing? What was your experience? would you recommend it? is there anyone I can contact to help me get a few shadowing hours? 

Hey!

If you Facebook search “virtual shadowing list,” it will take you to its page that contains numerous links to virtually shadow PAs on various platforms! The majority of them also give you a certificate of completion after taking a short quiz about the virtual shadowing session you had just watched.

Some of these sessions can be replayed, but most are live.

Also, I highly recommend virtually shadowing-it’s better than not shadowing at all. Plus, Yale PA Online openly accepts virtual shadowing hours, so start accruing!

Good luck! ☺️

Edited by ContinuallyCommitted
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi everyone. I just found this thread. I live in a very small town in southwest Utah. I love how supportive everyone has been. It actually makes me excited to be a part of this group. I applied on May 25th and I am anxiously waiting and hoping for an interview. I am a reapplicant to CASPA but first time for Yale. I was so excited to find a program that would allow me not to travel as much for school.

Good Luck to everyone who's having their interviews this week. Be yourselves and you will all do great!

• Like 5