Yale PA Online 2021 Application Cycle

2 minutes ago, Sw3605 said:

Is there another way to reach out? I do not have Facebook.

Unfortunately not right now as this is an informal space to chat with those accepted and current students before you formally accept your seat. Later there will be other options outside of FB for your class to all communicate. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, goosecharger said:

Anyone have a rough timeline on when we should hear back on decisions from the first round of interviews? The post-interview session was really great and drew me in even more to the program!

I know Jim mentioned in the info session yesterday that calls could be going out in the next couple days. I remember in last year's info session he said something along the same lines but followed it with a good natured caveat that his colleagues tell him not to say that because it usually takes a little longer. Last year I interviewed the week of August 11th and got a rejection on September 1st. I interviewed on June 15th this year. In the info session with students the students said it varied, when they got a phone call regarding acceptance. I hope that helps. Best of luck!

37 minutes ago, lexiehu said:

Congrats!!!! May I ask when you were interviewed? Anxiously waiting....

They did say it would be over a few days! Please try not to worry too much!! I will keep my fingers crossed for each and everyone of you! 

And I interviewed on the 14th. 

48 minutes ago, Zoe777 said:

I hope the calls keep coming ❤️

Me too, Zoe!! I keep checking this forum to see how many more calls have went out haha! I need to relax and remember I tried my best and if it’s meant to be for me, it will be!

I’m SO happy and excited for everyone getting acceptance calls!! It was a lot of hard work and it’s paid off to get into this program!! Congrats everyone! 🥳

Edited by briannathedietitian
Wrong word!
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, briannathedietitian said:

Me too, Zoe!! I keep checking this forum to see how many more calls have went out haha! I need to relax and remember I tried my best and if it’s meant to be for me, it will be!

I’m SO happy and excited for everyone getting acceptance calls!! It was a lot of hard work and it’s paid off to get into this program!! Congrats everyone! 🥳

OH yes, I am doing manic math right now which probably is not that constructive. Really hoping there are multiple days for calls.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tylrmchl said:

OH yes, I am doing manic math right now which probably is not that constructive. Really hoping there are multiple days for calls.

1 hour ago, DLK1993 said:

This is about to be a long weekend LOL

I am a reapplicant and completely understand this feeling! I was waitlisted last year and know that in a few of the interview rounds last cycle, calls went out over multiple days. So there is still such a good chance that people will be getting good news next week! Crossing my fingers for you guys!!! 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, yvonne87 said:

Does anyone know if they look at most recent coursework, if CASPA gpa is below requirement? 

Sadly, if your GPA doesn’t meet the requirement I am pretty sure CASPA doesn’t even send your application in. So I wouldn’t waste your money applying because Yale (or any school) won’t see your application at all unless you meet all requirements. I think that’s what you are asking, but sorry if I misunderstood the question!

I know there are a lot of other schools who have different requirements so I am sure you will find something!!! 

10 minutes ago, happyandhopeful said:

Sadly, if your GPA doesn’t meet the requirement I am pretty sure CASPA doesn’t even send your application in. So I wouldn’t waste your money applying because Yale (or any school) won’t see your application at all unless you meet all requirements. I think that’s what you are asking, but sorry if I misunderstood the question!

I know there are a lot of other schools who have different requirements so I am sure you will find something!!! 

Thank you for your response. They confirmed that they received my application but I have not heard back. So I was wondering do they take into account recent coursework and/or other attributes? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, yvonne87 said:

Does anyone know if they look at most recent coursework, if CASPA gpa is below requirement? 

Did you download the application and look at all of the GPAs listed? I went to several schools  and then did some pre req's a decade later, so my GPA came out a little different than I thought it would (and they separate out all the different categories of GPAs). I dont know if that's helpful, but those GPAs will include all coursework- not just the bachelor's. If those numbers still don't meet the requirement then the application will likely get filtered out before reading essays etc. Best of luck!! I know it's a ton of work ❤️

• Like 1

I haven’t seen anything on YPAO’s website about recent coursework (like past 50-60hours type thing) taking precedence over the overall CASPA GPA. I’m sure they strongly value upward trends, but sometimes hard cut offs are what they are.

That said, you can always reach out to your admin counselor.

Hope that’s helpful and best of luck!

54 minutes ago, yvonne87 said:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AlanaBranson said:

Did you download the application and look at all of the GPAs listed? I went to several schools  and then did some pre req's a decade later, so my GPA came out a little different than I thought it would (and they separate out all the different categories of GPAs). I dont know if that's helpful, but those GPAs will include all coursework- not just the bachelor's. If those numbers still don't meet the requirement then the application will likely get filtered out before reading essays etc. Best of luck!! I know it's a ton of work ❤️

Will do that. Thanks for the info! 

44 minutes ago, DLK1993 said:

I haven’t seen anything on YPAO’s website about recent coursework (like past 50-60hours type thing) taking precedence over the overall CASPA GPA. I’m sure they strongly value upward trends, but sometimes hard cut offs are what they are.

That said, you can always reach out to your admin counselor.

Hope that’s helpful and best of luck!

Unfortunately, yes. Will reach out to my admin counselor. Thanks!