Yale PA Online 2021 Application Cycle

3 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

For those who have interviews tomorrow, I want to wish you the best of luck. You got this!! Be yourself and remember they invited you because they want you, show them how great you are!!

Jean

Thank you, Jean! Time for some relaxing shows and good food in hopes of a solid sleep. Lol. 

• Like 4

Hi everyone! I have my interview on the 15th. I wanted to ask if anyone knows whether there will be other candidates during the interview/any group activities? I know sometimes that is the case in MMI interviews in which there is one group station. However I'm not sure if Yale would have that, especially with the online format. 

Hi all! I'm a little late to the forum, but I just wanted to say I looked at the application cycle from last year and it looks like decisions from the first interviews took about two weeks. Just thought I'd drop that here for anyone else who is stressing over the timeline like me. Good luck to all who interviewed today!

• Like 7

For those people that interviewed today, way to go!! Go relax and feel super proud of yourself for what you accomplished just in getting an interview! 

I know the website says 6 10 minute MMI interviews and I was wondering if they let you take notes during the 2 minutes of reading over the prompt at the beginning? Also, obviously I know you can’t share specifics but did you guys feel you like the MMI more than a regular interview format? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AshRRT said:

Has anyone applied mid-may and not heard anything back other than (under review)? 

here's my timeline if you're curious: submitted: 5/26 , verified: 5/27, under review: 5/27

from what i've seen on last year's thread, seemed like most people who applied/under review mid-to-late may received II's around june 20th-ish. but, timelines vary so who knows 🙃

After the interview, I felt overall really confident on how I did. Is it normal though to second guess yourself after something this important? Maybe I am just playing mind games with myself by only thinking of ways I could have done better. I also think a part of it is still the fact that I do not look like their student profile. Any advice on how to navigate these feelings?

p.s thanks for all the support on the day of the interview. High key being vulnerable right now and sharing that I received 19 rejections last cycle. Really need a win.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, tylrmchl said:

After the interview, I felt overall really confident on how I did. Is it normal though to second guess yourself after something this important? Maybe I am just playing mind games with myself by only thinking of ways I could have done better. I also think a part of it is still the fact that I do not look like their student profile. Any advice on how to navigate these feelings?

p.s thanks for all the support on the day of the interview. High key being vulnerable right now and sharing that I received 19 rejections last cycle. Really need a win.

I can completely understand how you feel!! Last year when I interviewed I did the exact same thing... replay everything I said over and over and convince myself that I could have answered each question in a much better way. I think it’s normal! I think in the end you have to just trust that you did everything you could have (far easier said than done I know). 

I also know that YPAO places a high value on diversity, so I wouldn’t worry about not looking like their student profile! Good luck! 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, tylrmchl said:

I also struggled with the comparison to what I viewed as their student profile. What I found helped me avoid from spiraling-down-the-comparison-game was the PA Platform's interview with the program director and admissions director. (link:

Throughout the interview, they make it clear that they're not looking for a certain type of applicant, and they welcome those that have been shaped by their experiences through all kinds of different walks of life. Your perspective is unique! And, with an interview under your belt, I'm sure that they could see you contributing to that diversity this program cultivates. Rooting for ya!

Edited by JordanTX3
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 6/9/2021 at 8:56 PM, tylrmchl said:

I have been second guessing some things, it's normal when you want something so badly. Trying to distract myself and not check my email every 5 minutes lol. I'm sure you did great! 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 8:56 PM, tylrmchl said:

Not sure if this helps, but admission people are human too. They're not perfect and know that no applicant is perfect. Last year, after my interview, I sent a note to the wrong person to thank them. SO my second interview started with , "Do you know what you did?" HUGELY embarrassing (I posted about it last year as CLBluebonnet). There are other stories embedded as well from then-interviewees and now members of my cohort.  Second-guessing is normal, but they picked you for a reason. I wish you the best in this process! Hang in there 🙂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tx808 said:

Anyone else miss the priority deadline? Something came up for one of my letter writers and I didn't want my app seen without her letter (which will come in today). It looks like everyone is hearing back pretty quickly whether its interview invites or rejections. Also, do you know if we need to submit a resume this cycle? I know there was one last year but I don't see it in CASPA this time. Thanks, guys and good luck to everyone!

I’m in the same boat. I missed the deadline as well, but I’m still hoping to hear back.

On 6/9/2021 at 9:37 PM, JordanTX3 said:

I also struggled with the comparison to what I viewed as their student profile. What I found helped me avoid from spiraling-down-the-comparison-game was the PA Platform's interview with the program director and admissions director. (link:

Throughout the interview, they make it clear that they're not looking for a certain type of applicant, and they welcome those that have been shaped by their experiences through all kinds of different walks of life. Your perspective is unique! And, with an interview under your belt, I'm sure that they could see you contributing to that diversity this program cultivates. Rooting for ya!

Thank you so much for sharing this! I love these types of discussions where you can get a feel for who the directors are as people. It definitely helps to reduce a little of the anxiety around potentially interviewing.

Has anyone that got verified around 6/1 heard back for interviews or rejections?

• Like 1

I just interviewed! To anyone second guessing themselves, that’s totally natural and something we all do. All you can do is your best. If you or I aren’t accepted, it’s easy I think to take it personally, because it feels like they didn’t like us. But we truly do not know why we are or are not accepted. All we can do is our best and if we fail, follow up with honest self-reflection and feedback from others. This is all easier said than done and I’ll definitely have to re-read my own post if I get a rejection notice! 

good luck everyone. You’re all amazing people. As important as all of this is to each of us, don’t let it consume your identity. There’s so much more to who you are than a PA applicant! 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DLK1993 said:

I just interviewed! To anyone second guessing themselves, that’s totally natural and something we all do. All you can do is your best. If you or I aren’t accepted, it’s easy I think to take it personally, because it feels like they didn’t like us. But we truly do not know why we are or are not accepted. All we can do is our best and if we fail, follow up with honest self-reflection and feedback from others. This is all easier said than done and I’ll definitely have to re-read my own post if I get a rejection notice! 

good luck everyone. You’re all amazing people. As important as all of this is to each of us, don’t let it consume your identity. There’s so much more to who you are than a PA applicant! 

Overall how did you feel about the mmi process? I know some people really like the structure, from what I have read about other schools, so I’m curious to hear from someone who did mmi virtually!

1 hour ago, happyandhopeful said:

Overall how did you feel about the mmi process? I know some people really like the structure, from what I have read about other schools, so I’m curious to hear from someone who did mmi virtually!

Personally, I loved it. It’s hard to “prepare” for, which makes for a lot of stress (for me at least) leading up to the interview. But at the same, once it started I felt really comfortable and like I could be myself. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DLK1993 said:

Personally, I loved it. It’s hard to “prepare” for, which makes for a lot of stress (for me at least) leading up to the interview. But at the same, once it started I felt really comfortable and like I could be myself. 

I love this! I am the same in that I like to prepare and stress when I can’t, but I have heard people say the mmi style made their personality come out so much more. Glad it went well for you!! Good luck!! 

• Like 1

Good afternoon!

I completed my interviews last week and looking forward to the post interview this week with current students.

Hopefully they give admission decisions and interviews to those of you anxiously waiting VERY soon! Praying I get an acceptance and we are all classmates this next cohort!

One day at a time!

Cait

• Like 4

On 6/8/2021 at 10:18 PM, AZFuturePA said:

Hi all! I'm a little late to the forum, but I just wanted to say I looked at the application cycle from last year and it looks like decisions from the first interviews took about two weeks. Just thought I'd drop that here for anyone else who is stressing over the timeline like me. Good luck to all who interviewed today!

THANK YOU for this info. I've been wondering about this 🙂 

Good luck to everyone who had the first interviews and might be hearing soon! 🤗

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DLK1993 said:

Hi, I also interviewed yesterday as well. Are you planning on wearing your full interview attire for the post-interview session on Thursday? I was planning on it but am not entirely sure on the format of this session. Best of luck in the process!! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, goosecharger said:

Hi, I also interviewed yesterday as well. Are you planning on wearing your full interview attire for the post-interview session on Thursday? I was planning on it but am not entirely sure on the format of this session. Best of luck in the process!! 

Eh, probably not.. It may be more business casual for me. And good luck to you too!

Edited by DLK1993
  • Upvote 1