Yale PA Online 2021 Application Cycle

How is everyone holding up? 

I think I’m spending more time on my phone than my 15 year old Stepson 😂

We all helped one another through the interview wait, we can definitely try and continue that same energy through this decision wait. To make it this far is a huge accomplishment! 

My in-laws are down from Rhode Island so trying to distract myself by being a good host. (Luckily they’re amazing and I’m hearing some quality ‘Dad-jokes’ that are doing well to take my mind off the wait, lol). 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Zoe777 said:

How is everyone holding up? 

I think I’m spending more time on my phone than my 15 year old Stepson 😂

We all helped one another through the interview wait, we can definitely try and continue that same energy through this decision wait. To make it this far is a huge accomplishment! 

My in-laws are down from Rhode Island so trying to distract myself by being a good host. (Luckily they’re amazing and I’m hearing some quality ‘Dad-jokes’ that are doing well to take my mind off the wait, lol). 

We’re so slow at work so it’s all I can think about!  

quick questions: 1) how many “interview rounds” are there and 2) roughly how many people typically get interviewed at YPAO?

3 minutes ago, DLK1993 said:

We’re so slow at work so it’s all I can think about!  

quick questions: 1) how many “interview rounds” are there and 2) roughly how many people typically get interviewed at YPAO?

Oooo I’m not too sure about either of those as the admissions seem to be fluid from year to year; I wish I knew, but then again I steer myself away from thinking about comparison when there is a focus on diversity. 

You are unique, you appreciate the importance of diversity, and that got us an interview! ❤️

• Like 1

Good evening everyone,

To all that have already been accepted, here is a sincere congratulations and well-deserved regards.  To everyone that interviewed, I thought the post-interview was incredible.  The three current students on the 2nd half of the post-interview session were phenomenal.  What an amazing program.   To all those awaiting a decision, sending everyone good wishes for as many acceptances as possible.  How is everyone doing?  Anyone else interview on June 8th?  Hang in there.  For you to make it this far, you should be very proud of yourself.  Here is to awesome vibes tonight, tomorrow, and Monday aka hopefully acceptance-call day! Ha! (weekend theme song-get your shine on). Take deep breaths, go on a run, appreciate the journey.  You got this.  You will be a PA-C.  Repeat, you will be a PA-C.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Well everyone… My username is now true!!! I got ACCEPTED!!! 🤩

I got the call Friday (6/18) afternoon, and I am still in shock.

For those still anxiously awaiting to hear back, hold onto hope. There’s plenty of spots available, so don’t stress. And for those who get a no: you’re going to be a PA someday so don’t give up even though rejection hurts.

Congratulations to all who have heard the ‘you’re in!’ and I can’t wait to get to know you. Best wishes all!

Edited by pmbthepas
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, pmbthepas said:

For those still anxiously awaiting to hear back, hold onto hope. There’s plenty of spots available, so don’t stress. And for those who get a no: you’re going to be a PA someday so don’t give up even though rejection hurts.

Congratulations to all who have heard the ‘you’re in!’ and I can’t wait to get to know you. Best wishes all!

Congratulations!!! Ahhh that must be the BEST feeling! ❤️

6 hours ago, pmbthepas said:

If you don't mind sharing, when did you interview? 

8 hours ago, pmbthepas said:

Yay!!!! Congrats! Come join our fb group! 

6 hours ago, Zoe777 said:

Congratulations!!! Ahhh that must be the BEST feeling! ❤️

It was so surprising and such an honor. But if I’m being honest, I’m struggling with waves of imposter syndrome 😅 Anyone else??

2 hours ago, aha1991 said:

If you don't mind sharing, when did you interview? 

I interviewed on Monday, June 14th and got my acceptance on Friday June 18th

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, pmbthepas said:

It was so surprising and such an honor. But if I’m being honest, I’m struggling with waves of imposter syndrome 😅 Anyone else??

I interviewed on Monday, June 14th and got my acceptance on Friday June 18th

Yes!!! I am definitely having waves of imposter syndrome! I also have to keep reminding myself it’s real. The news is definitely settling in in waves for me! 

But you earned this!! You worked so so hard for this day so try to remind yourself of that! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PrePA765 said:

First off - congratulations to everyone that has received acceptance calls! Does anyone know how many have been accepted thus far?

It’s hard to tell so far. They haven’t told us how many have been accepted and I don’t know if everyone has found our Facebook group yet. That being said it’s only the first interview round so I am sure there are still plenty of spots open!! 

3 hours ago, ContinuallyCommitted said:

Good morning everyone! ☀️ 

I hope today is the day we get The Call! 

I wish they could accept all of us!! 🙂 haha!

Good luck to everyone also waiting today for a call! I already said this but ill say it again because i truly believe it..... if this program is meant for us, it will be for us. If not, theres a reason why and keep trusting in yourself that maybe you need more time to work on yourself or your application, or maybe another program is more suited for you for whatever reason. 

Lots of love to you all for making it this far ❤️ 

Edited by briannathedietitian
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, THfuturePA said:

Congrats to those who got acceptance calls and hugs to those who are still waiting!

Just curious: is there anyone who's interviewed on June 8th received decisions (either acceptance, waitlist, or rejection)? It seems like most people I know who got acceptance last Friday interviewed during last week  (June 14 or 15th). I know it's nonsense trying to figure out the logic of the acceptance calls, but I am looking for every way to try to give myself (and many others who are still anxiously waiting) a little more hope. 😄

Anyways, staying hopeful that we could all be classmates!

I also interviewed the 8th and noticed the same thing! I told my husband about people the week of the 14th getting interviews first I believed and he told me I’m looking way too deep into this 😂

Glad someone else is on the same level of investigation as me! Hoping we hear today or maybe tomorrow since I believe we were the first interview day! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, briannathedietitian said:

I also interviewed the 8th and noticed the same thing! I told my husband about people the week of the 14th getting interviews first I believed and he told me I’m looking way too deep into this 😂

Glad someone else is on the same level of investigation as me! Hoping we hear today or maybe tomorrow since I believe we were the first interview day! 

Same here! I interviewed the 8th as well, and I am guilty of overthinking everything at this point!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello Everyone,

CONGRATULATIONS to all those that got accepted! So happy for you! 

I also interviewed on the 8th and I am right there with you all that are wondering about our group status. I refresh this page over and over. I am hoping we all get the call we're waiting for and become classmates!! 🤗 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DLK1993 said:

Honestly, I just assume they’ve all but randomized the order so that we can’t deduce if we have or haven’t been accepted based on who has. Theoretically, this should take away some anxiety. Theoretically.. 😂 

I love this thought! It sure does take away some of the anxiety. It's funny how we're all coming up with different theories 😂

• Like 2