Yale PA Online 2021 Application Cycle

Rejected (with no interview) today as well. Not sure what they are looking for as I have done nothing but improve my application from last year and received an interview last year? There are tons more applicants this year so I’m sure it’s just that much more competitive! Good luck to everyone and don’t let a rejection get you down! Look at it as a sign and move forward! 😁 

Edited by AshRRT

Hello Everyone! I'm Cintia! I am from California and I work as a medical assistant. I submitted my application on June 1st. This is my first application cycle! 

After so many years of being out of school, I feel more ready than ever to embark on my dream career as a PA! I am feeling quite nervous, but excited!! Wishing everyone positive vibes, and many interviews to come! 🙏

How are you all preparing for interviews? I bought a book via Amazon to help me prepare, but I am also interested in hearing how you're all preparing. Thank you! ❤️

https://www.amazon.com/Physician-Assistant-School-Interview-Guide/dp/1732076006

2 hours ago, AshRRT said:

Rejected (with no interview) today as well. Not sure what they are looking for as I have done nothing but improve my application from last year and received an interview last year? There are tons more applicants this year so I’m sure it’s just that much more competitive! Good luck to everyone and don’t let a rejection get you down! Look at it as a sign and move forward! 😁 

I am really sorry to hear that. Keep your head up, and I am wishing you the best with your other applications/cycles. This is not an easy process, and there is a steep learning curve.  

2 hours ago, ccrodriguez said:

Hello Everyone! I'm Cintia! I am from California and I work as a medical assistant. I submitted my application on June 1st. This is my first application cycle! 

After so many years of being out of school, I feel more ready than ever to embark on my dream career as a PA! I am feeling quite nervous, but excited!! Wishing everyone positive vibes, and many interviews to come! 🙏

How are you all preparing for interviews? I bought a book via Amazon to help me prepare, but I am also interested in hearing how you're all preparing. Thank you! ❤️

I used a lot of The PA Platforms stuff, including mock interview and their interview course. I found then helpful helpful in building self-confidence and forcing to me to reflect on past experiences, which is about as good of prep you can do for an MMI (imo); they’re so hard to prep for! The again, I guess that’s kind of the point? You’re supposed to just be yourself. Easier said than done in such a high stakes situation!

3 minutes ago, DLK1993 said:

I used a lot of The PA Platforms stuff, including mock interview and their interview course. I found then helpful helpful in building self-confidence and forcing to me to reflect on past experiences, which is about as good of prep you can do for an MMI (imo); they’re so hard to prep for! The again, I guess that’s kind of the point? You’re supposed to just be yourself. Easier said than done in such a high stakes situation!

Makes sense! Thanks for the feedback. 👍

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ccrodriguez said:

Good Morning!

MMI can be incredibly hard to prepare for. I used the PA Platform resources as well, including this book! I found the book and mock interview helpful by boosting my confidence before the actual interview.

I also will say there is nothing you can truly study for. A mentor of mine told me to be myself and to relax because no one knows myself better than me. I live by this advice, especially with MMI style interviews. We have all worked SO hard to get to this point, so I understand the pressure of wanting to prepare as much as possible.

The best advice I could give with this format of interview is try your best to be confident, be you, and hopefully we are all offered acceptances!

Cait

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CashierCaitlyn said:

Good Morning!

MMI can be incredibly hard to prepare for. I used the PA Platform resources as well, including this book! I found the book and mock interview helpful by boosting my confidence before the actual interview.

I also will say there is nothing you can truly study for. A mentor of mine told me to be myself and to relax because no one knows myself better than me. I live by this advice, especially with MMI style interviews. We have all worked SO hard to get to this point, so I understand the pressure of wanting to prepare as much as possible.

The best advice I could give with this format of interview is try your best to be confident, be you, and hopefully we are all offered acceptances!

Cait

Love this advice! I wholeheartedly agree 😄

On 6/16/2021 at 8:41 AM, JordanTX3 said:

Rejected. Best of luck to y'all. This is an amazing program, hope to join y'all a year or so later 🙂

Bummer! I know that MANY people don't get in on their first application/interview. I interviewed last year and did not get in, hoping the interview the process this year is more successful. Did you do an interview or get a rejection after review?

On 6/14/2021 at 11:51 AM, nycprepa said:

I’m in the same boat. I missed the deadline as well, but I’m still hoping to hear back.

I missed the priority deadline by a couple weeks last year and still got an interview (The interview was late July, I think). Good job getting in in so early in the application cycle though! It's hard to get everything done right after CASPA opens. Good luck!!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, DLK1993 said:

Good luck to everyone in the coming days! 

You, too! I hope we can be classmates! 😄

Nervous in the “waiting room”, but trying to stay busy, lol. Just remember that no matter what, we made it to the interview and that speaks volumes. Be proud of yourself for every step along the way. We WILL be PAs, it’s a matter of ‘when’ not ‘if’ ❤️
We’ll keep encouraging one another just like we would as a cohort and celebrate our accomplishments along the way. 🙌🏼

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Zoe777 said:

You, too! I hope we can be classmates! 😄

Nervous in the “waiting room”, but trying to stay busy, lol. Just remember that no matter what, we made it to the interview and that speaks volumes. Be proud of yourself for every step along the way. We WILL be PAs, it’s a matter of ‘when’ not ‘if’ ❤️
We’ll keep encouraging one another just like we would as a cohort and celebrate our accomplishments along the way. 🙌🏼

100%. 

I’m trying to read but finding it very difficult to concentrate! 

28 minutes ago, goosecharger said:

Anyone have a rough timeline on when we should hear back on decisions from the first round of interviews? The post-interview session was really great and drew me in even more to the program!

I’m even more invested in the program after yesterday‘s information session as well! In our small groups the students said we would probably hear something in the next few days! I wonder why they had everyone attend that information session if some are going to get denials after?? Just hoping they accept all of us that attended !!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, goosecharger said:

Anyone have a rough timeline on when we should hear back on decisions from the first round of interviews? The post-interview session was really great and drew me in even more to the program!

From what I understand, we could hear back today or the next few days. (I assume “the next few days” would be business days but not sure.) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DLK1993 said:

From what I understand, we could hear back today or the next few days. (I assume “the next few days” would be business days but not sure.) 

Ahhh that would be so exciting! Judging from last years forum I think people heard anywhere from the Tuesday to Thursday following the post interview session. Just read all 100 something pages of the forum and that’s the pattern I saw 😂. It seems like they are already doing thing slightly differently this year so who knows! 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, happyandhopeful said:

Ahhh that would be so exciting! Judging from last years forum I think people heard anywhere from the Tuesday to Thursday following the post interview session. Just read all 100 something pages of the forum and that’s the pattern I saw 😂. It seems like they are already doing thing slightly differently this year so who knows! 

I’m glad a few of us spent the time going through all 100 pages 😂. I loved how supportive and encouraging everyone was, it was great to see those who got acceptances were already well on their way to being friends before class had even started. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AlanaBranson said:

I missed the priority deadline by a couple weeks last year and still got an interview (The interview was late July, I think). Good job getting in in so early in the application cycle though! It's hard to get everything done right after CASPA opens. Good luck!!

That’s refreshing to hear, thanks! Same to you.

2 minutes ago, emilymuff said:

The student society is creating a FB page for class of 2024 so we can answer your questions as they roll in

Yale PA Online Class 2024

Congrats to everyone getting calls today!

Is there another way to reach out? I do not have Facebook.