Yale PA Online 2021 Application Cycle

On 5/26/2021 at 5:14 PM, RyWanaBPA said:

HI Friends, 

I hope all and loved ones are well, safe, and healthy. 

Atlanta, Georgia here!

I am applying to Yale University this cycle!!! I'm STOKED! Waiting on CASPA to process one more transcript, then need CASPA Verification, and then finally apply. 

Very Respectfully, 

Ryan C. Martin-Valenzuela, M.S. 

U.S. Navy, Retired 

My Pronouns Are: He/His/Him

Hi Ryan, Welcome! 
Thank you for your service ☺️

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DLK1993 said:

Woke up to my invite for interview this morning! Good luck to everyone waiting or about to apply!

What's everyone doing to prepare?

Congrats that amazing! I submitted my app yesterday so now I wait 😊

If you don’t mind sharing, when did you submit your app/ when did it go under review with Yale? Compared to last years forum they seem to be sending out interview invites differently this year so I am curious. 

I am so happy for ALL who received an invite for an interview, to those who didn't get an invite from Yale, I hope you ALL get invites from other PA Programs!

I submitted my CASPA application two days ago, and still have yet to be CASPA Verified - this part is what makes me nervous, making sure CASPA does things correctly. 

Ryan

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RyWanaBPA said:

I am so happy for ALL who received an invite for an interview, to those who didn't get an invite from Yale, I hope you ALL get invites from other PA Programs!

I submitted my CASPA application two days ago, and still have yet to be CASPA Verified - this part is what makes me nervous, making sure CASPA does things correctly. 

Ryan

I completely understand that feeling! If it’s your first application cycle it may take a lot longer to get verified because CASPA has to go through every aspect. So if you see people getting verified more quickly it may be because they are reapplicants. Just FYI to help settle anxieties 😊.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, happyandhopeful said:

Congrats that amazing! I submitted my app yesterday so now I wait 😊

If you don’t mind sharing, when did you submit your app/ when did it go under review with Yale? Compared to last years forum they seem to be sending out interview invites differently this year so I am curious. 

I submitted Saturday 5/22, CASPA verified Monday 5/24, my Yale online counselor said my app was verified/onto the next stage of review Tuesday 5/25. 

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Good Morning!! 

I too received an invite late Thursday evening. I was submitted 5/9 and under review 5/11. 

There were a few applicants that’s received interviews before I did that submitted after me so please don’t let this forum discourage you!! None of us know exactly how they are reviewing applications so try not to base everything off of the timelines of other applications.

Be proud of yourself for getting to this point and I hope you all receive that email soon! 

Cait 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, CaryValdes said:

Hi everyone! I submitted applied to YPAO 5/21 and still waiting to get verified by CASPA. So happy to see people are already getting interviews! This is my first time applying so I'm SOOOO nervous! So nice to see such an encouraging and supportive group in this forum. 🙂

- Cary

Were all of your transcripts and at least two LORs received before you submitted? I ask because if they were and it’s been that long for CASPA verification you may want to call to follow up. It normally takes a few days at the most. Probably nothing but might be worth double checking!

3 hours ago, CaryValdes said:

Same here! Hope CASPA doesn't take too long with verification. You wrote this a few days ago, any news yet?

Hi Cary, 

I am sorry to hear that your application hasn’t been verified yet. I submitted on 05/21 and It was verified on 05/24. This is my second circle. I hope this helps! 
Pls stay positive, soon it will be verified too😊

Jean.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RyWanaBPA said:

@CaryValdes, I CASPA Submitted for Yale on 27MAY21, and still have not been CASPA Verified - it's driving me nuts. I should mention this is my first time applying, eight other programs are pending Verification. 

- Ryan

It's my first time applying too. I think that may be why it takes a bit longer for us. I've heard it takes 2-4 weeks to verify, especially during the busy season. Keep your hopes up, we got this!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, happyandhopeful said:

Were all of your transcripts and at least two LORs received before you submitted? I ask because if they were and it’s been that long for CASPA verification you may want to call to follow up. It normally takes a few days at the most. Probably nothing but might be worth double checking!

Hi! Yes, everything was complete (transcripts and 4 LOR). I do have a retake class pending now, but its marked as pending. It's my first time applying and I read that it takes 2-4 weeks, its only been one.. so not stressing yet. I'll definitely keep reaching out to CASPA in mind though! Thanks! 

1 minute ago, CaryValdes said:

It's my first time applying too. I think that may be why it takes a bit longer for us. I've heard it takes 2-4 weeks to verify, especially during the busy season. Keep your hopes up, we got this!

I love your words of support and kindness, thank you. I've had several problems with CASPA over the past six months; for me, it is difficult to trust Liaison (CASPA) considering what they have put me through. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, RyWanaBPA said:

I love your words of support and kindness, thank you. I've had several problems with CASPA over the past six months; for me, it is difficult to trust Liaison (CASPA) considering what they have put me through. 

I completely understand. Lets hope the difficulties are behind you now. I woke up this morning with my CASPA verified, so yours should be coming up soon! Hang in there, we're all still early in the process. 

• Like 2

Hi everyone!!

This is my second cycle applying and I am so excited! My application was verified this morning so I am now patiently waiting to hear back! I am from Missouri and currently work as a CNA in Postpartum at a local hospital. I love how encouraging everyone on this thread is and I hope to have the opportunity to meet many of you in the future!! Good luck to everyone applying!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ellegray said:

If you have already submitted you have already hit the priority deadline!

You have until July 1st to be verified in CASPA and for Yale to determine that your application is “complete” which means all transcripts/LORS in etc. Hope that helps and good luck! 

Thanks for the info. I see the priority deadline is today on the website. I'm just wondering if there is a real difference in submitting by that deadline or not. I will submit here in few and feel like I'll be verified by midnight but maybe not by close of business. Fingers crossed since I'm not sure which time they use!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tx808 said:

Thanks for the info. I see the priority deadline is today on the website. I'm just wondering if there is a real difference in submitting by that deadline or not. I will submit here in few and feel like I'll be verified by midnight but maybe not by close of business. Fingers crossed since I'm not sure which time they use!

I think this may depend on if this is your first time applying or not. It's my first time and CASPA took one week and a day to verify mine.