Yale PA Online 2021 Application Cycle

On 1/10/2020 at 4:31 PM, ChemPhysicsInstructor said:

I would like to add one more school to the list:  

North Central Missouri College

I teach the following courses online:  Introduction to Chemistry, General Chemistry 1 and 2, Organic Chemistry 1 and 2, College Physics 1 and 2, General Physics 1 and 2, Introduction to Physics, and Introduction to Physical Science.  My colleagues teach other courses such as Anatomy and Physiology, Math, Statistics, etc.  

All students are welcome as we are a small community college and have low tuition (about $200/credit hour).  We are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (the regional accrediting body of the Department of Education).  Since I teach at a small institution, I am flexible with my course offerings as I can offer any of my courses at essentially any time.  

I follow a different approach to education:  I encourage collaboration with others and none of the tests/quizzes/finals are proctored.  Science education research has shown that this approach produces better outcomes than the traditional lecture-memorize approach.  

On 4/27/2021 at 10:39 PM, happyandhopeful said:

Yay! I totally understand the nervous excitement! Are you planning on applying by the priority deadline?

When is the priority deadline?

On 4/28/2021 at 12:08 PM, ContinuallyCommitted said:

Hey!

I’m Stephany, I am a nurse here in Charlotte, NC! ☺️

Stephany! I am in Charlotte to! I am currently working as an MA but I am an athletic trainer! Are you with Atrium or Novant? I am with OC! 

This is my number one choice too, as I am 36 with a 4 yr old and 7 month old and hubby has an established career here in NC. I cant really up and move my family anywhere. Fingers crossed! I am SUPER anxious about this!!!!

• Like 3

On 5/19/2021 at 4:34 PM, Longhorn0914 said:

Wow congratulations to everyone who has already received an invite, I'm just now finalizing my essays and waiting for final grades for the semester. I'm a research associate from Austin, Texas. 

Helloooo fellow Texan! 🙂

I need to get down to Austin for a visit, I've seen some beautiful pics and travel blogs from the area; definitely on my list of things to do!

Best of luck with your application,

Zoe

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nkiehl said:

Stephany! I am in Charlotte to! I am currently working as an MA but I am an athletic trainer! Are you with Atrium or Novant? I am with OC! 

This is my number one choice too, as I am 36 with a 4 yr old and 7 month old and hubby has an established career here in NC. I cant really up and move my family anywhere. Fingers crossed! I am SUPER anxious about this!!!!

Oooo, that’s great! 🤗🤗 I’m with Novant. 
I also have a 4 year old and an almost 9 month old, so I feeeeeel you! 😆 

• Like 1

Congratulations everyone!!! 
I too received an invite, I’m a reapplicant, from Central Florida. 

If anyone is interested in practicing mock interviews (MMI) private message me. 

For everyone still in the application process or waiting for an invite (congrats too, you have worked so hard to get to this point)!! 

@CashierCaitlyn submitted 5/14 and received an interview invite 5/24 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Nkiehl said:

What if I have a class to complete?  But I have everything else in?

"Please note, you can apply with one prerequisite course in progress. The course must be completed by October 1st of your application year with at least a B." (From CASPA)

• Like 1

Congratulations to everyone getting interviews!! I am going to be submitting my application within the next few days. 

For those who just got interview invites, how long is it between when you received your interview invite and when your interview is scheduled? Wondering if it’s a couple of weeks or closer to a month?

Hello and a warm welcome everyone,

Take a step back and realize you have accomplished a major milestone to get this far. YPAO is most definitely my #1 PA school. I’m on the lookout for an interview invite.  

If anyone needs help with interview practice, I have done a mock interview with the PA platform.  It was a resounding success. 

Best of luck to everyone.  Try your best to absolutely shine during your interview, let your personality be on display.  Much like a PA, be confident, however this would be during your interview.  You got this!  They already like your CASPA, now it’s your time to get your shine on.  That will be our interview theme song!
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, PACLetsDoThis said:
Hello and a warm welcome everyone,

Take a step back and realize you have accomplished a major milestone to get this far. YPAO is most definitely my #1 PA school. I’m on the lookout for an interview invite.  

If anyone needs help with interview practice, I have done a mock interview with the PA platform.  It was a resounding success. 

Best of luck to everyone.  Try your best to absolutely shine during your interview, let your personality be on display.  Much like a PA, be confident, however this would be during your interview.  You got this!  They already like your CASPA, now it’s your time to get your shine on.  That will be our interview theme song!

Love this! Thank you, I hope we can all be here to support one another through this process. It’s my top choice also and I’m beside myself to even be extended an interview invite. 🥰👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

HI Friends, 

I hope all and loved ones are well, safe, and healthy. 

Atlanta, Georgia here!

I am applying to Yale University this cycle!!! I'm STOKED! Waiting on CASPA to process one more transcript, then need CASPA Verification, and then finally apply. 

Very Respectfully, 

Ryan C. Martin-Valenzuela, M.S. 

U.S. Navy, Retired 

My Pronouns Are: He/His/Him

• Like 2

On 5/20/2021 at 9:36 PM, Ellegray said:

Just wanted to say hello! I submitted last week and was verified this week! 

I'm a military spouse stationed in Germany right now but our home base in the U.S in San Diego, California 🙂

Lovely to meet you all!

There are a lot of current students who are military spouses, and a few of us are in the San Diego area! 

Edited by emilymuff