Eastern Virginia Medical School 2020-2021 Cycle

2 hours ago, Ebony said:

Sooo do we think today will be the day at 9am?!? 😆

I really hope so. I know people who have both matriculated into the program and those that have interviewed in previous cycles have been posting that EVMS has let people know their interview status the past couple of years on June 9th so fingers crossed🤞

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DOCRAH said:

I really hope so. I know people who have both matriculated into the program and those that have interviewed in previous cycles have been posting that EVMS has let people know their interview status the past couple of years on June 9th so fingers crossed🤞

I really hope so as I’m getting anxious waiting 🥺 Has anyone heard anything yet?

Hi friends! 
hang in there 🙃 

I was a first round interview invite/current student (currently on a medical leave of absence) and received my invite on the 9th at 9AM. 

there is no rhyme or reason to the timing! 

Wishing you all the best! Find me on IG if you want to chat and get out those anxieties (@lo_thepa.s) 

xx, Lauren 

• Like 3

In 2020, they reviewed 658 applications, conducted 156 interviews, and offered 100 seats. Of the 100 seats only 80 were new matriculates. If I’m understanding this right, half of the people who interviewed were not offered a seat into the program? So I keep telling myself to think positive and positive things will happen. I’m preparing to do my best if interviewed. 

In life we are our own worst critics. I have combed my application a million times. Often questioning if I will be good enough. Each of us have put in a tremendous amount of hard work and sacrifice to reach this point. We can do this ladies and gentlemen! This is just one more stepping stone on the path to our goal of becoming a Physician Assistant!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mderoosl said:

In 2020, they reviewed 658 applications, conducted 156 interviews, and offered 100 seats. Of the 100 seats only 80 were new matriculates. If I’m understanding this right, half of the people who interviewed were not offered a seat into the program? So I keep telling myself to think positive and positive things will happen. I’m preparing to do my best if interviewed. 

In life we are our own worst critics. I have combed my application a million times. Often questioning if I will be good enough. Each of us have put in a tremendous amount of hard work and sacrifice to reach this point. We can do this ladies and gentlemen! This is just one more stepping stone on the path to our goal of becoming a Physician Assistant!

That interpretation is correct 🙃 it’s roughly a 50/50 chance. It is point based though so first wave interviewees do go in at an advantage.  As you can see people also get pulled off the waitlist! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, joanne101095 said:

For anyone who applied in previous cycles, do they let you know what score you received based on their point system and what score warrants the first wave, second wave, etc.? It is my understanding that some programs are transparent about applicant scores/rank.

Good luck to everyone btw! 🙂

Hi. current student. 

no, scores are not released. If you refer to the admissions handbook, it provides information about the application review process. 

Best wishes! 

• Like 1

No changes to my PURL.

Do you think first wave may have went out and we were not part of it ? 🤔 I'm also wondering if they are changing interviews to in person and maybe that is the delay? I know of others who applied that are not on this thread and they have not heard anything either.

Praying it happens today !!🤗

Edited by Ebony

1 hour ago, Ebony said:

No changes to my PURL.

Do you think first wave may have went out and we were not part of it ? 🤔 I'm also wondering if they are changing interviews to in person and maybe that is the delay? I know of others who applied that are not on this thread and they have not heard anything either.

Yeah I just saw this on their ig, so maybe they’re debating on adding this info to the interview invites? And trying to decide on in person or virtual  😬

3CBA9D5E-F63C-415E-909A-B596AEE7CE64.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ebony said:

No changes to my PURL.

Hi there,

If waves went out, y'all would know because someone would post something! Also, I was told interviews will be virtual this year. Hoping today is the day. Fingers crossed!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, soontobepakg said:

Dear Admissions Counselors,

We know you know who you have chosen. Please put us out of our misery and press send on the emails.

Thank you.

-Your very anxious applicants 

Couldn't have said it better myself..Hurry up ad comms please!!! LOL😆

• Haha 2