Eastern Virginia Medical School 2020-2021 Cycle

11 hours ago, KH757PA said:

Hi All!

I have not received an email(is it through email or puurl?) hearing back & have heard that there are "3 waves" of interviews.

When are the 2nd and 3rd ones usually announced?

Should I feel somewhat relieved I have at least not gotten a rejection? Have those already gone out? Do those go out in waves as well?

*nervous local who has no clue* eeeekkkk lol

Last year I applied and I was rejected but I didn't recieve a rejection letter until the very last day of June

24 minutes ago, FuturePAstudent11 said:

Mine says that too!!

27 minutes ago, Noodlesgirl said:

Does anyone application says incomplete when you click on the eye? After clicking on the eye it says that the application is closed? Do you guys know what that means? 

Ours changed to that last year too once they started  reviewing and sending out invites. I would not be worried about it as long as you received an email that your application was complete!

Mine also says incomplete . I was so worried I missed something, but I think the most important thing is that you received an email after the application cycle closed stating you met all the requirements to be reviewed by the committee. I attached a picture of the email I received.

@LaurenR19 and others have posted some great information and answered all your questions🤓. There’s also interview tips. So, browse the previous responses. 

I didn’t receive an interview with the first wave either. It’s extremely stressful and time seems to stop. One of the current students responded that the first round of candidates have 72 hours to respond. I imagine the second wave would go out shortly after, but I haven’t heard anything official.

I hope you receive an interview the second or third wave! It doesn’t matter if we interview first or last as long as we make an impression and receive an offer. 

Keep your head up and think positive thoughts my friend! I’m doing the same!

Sincerely, 

5571C25A-721A-4FB4-954B-D01A15AC6579.png

Edited by mderoosl

19 minutes ago, mderoosl said:

Mine also says incomplete . I was so worried I missed something, but I think the most important thing is that you received an email after the application cycle closed stating you met all the requirements to be reviewed by the committee. I attached a picture of the email I received.

@LaurenR19 and others have posted some great information and answered all your questions🤓. There’s also interview tips. So, browse the previous responses. 

I didn’t receive an interview with the first wave either. It’s extremely stressful and time seems to stop. One of the current students responded that the first round of candidates have 72 hours to respond. I imagine the second wave would go out shortly after, but I haven’t heard anything official.

I hope you receive an interview the second or third wave! It doesn’t matter if we interview first or last as long as we make an impression and receive an offer. 

Keep your head up and think positive thoughts my friend! I’m doing the same!

Sincerely, 

5571C25A-721A-4FB4-954B-D01A15AC6579.png

I got the same email. Fingers crossed we get an interview during the second or third wave. Good luck everyone!

I did not get an invite to interview. I was offered admission earlier at another school and didn’t take it. My professional goals and commitment to rural communities made EVMS my top program. I’m doing my best to stay hopeful, but the odds are decreasing and it’s hard to think about. Im happy for everyone that received an interview so far. Im praying for the opportunity to tell my story, make a new family, and contribute to the PA community at EVMS. 

Must stay positive!

-Miranda   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mderoosl said:

I did not get an invite to interview. I was offered admission earlier at another school and didn’t take it. My professional goals and commitment to rural communities made EVMS my top program. I’m doing my best to stay hopeful, but the odds are decreasing and it’s hard to think about. Im happy for everyone that received an interview so far. Im praying for the opportunity to tell my story, make a new family, and contribute to the PA community at EVMS. 

Must stay positive!

-Miranda   

hang in there! Don’t give up hope! There is still a third wave! 🙃 I know it’s easier said than done, but there is time! 

if not this year, then next! One of the greatest things about EVMS is their holistic approach so if you aren’t invited to interview this year, you can reach out and they’ll review your app with you and tell you exactly what needs to be done! They are super supportive and helpful! 

sending hugs! 

• Like 6

hang in there! Don’t give up hope! There is still a third wave! 🙃 I know it’s easier said than done, but there is time! 

if not this year, then next! One of the greatest things about EVMS is their holistic approach so if you aren’t invited to interview this year, you can reach out and they’ll review your app with you and tell you exactly what needs to be done! They are super supportive and helpful! 

sending hugs! 

Thanks for all of your support through this @LaurenR19. I interviewed last year with EVMS and I hoping for another interview. The wait is hard, but will definitely be worth it!

• Like 2

Hey all !

For those of you still waiting to hear about an interview, I'm thinking about you and I KNOW this wait has been so hard for you! Praying you all hear good news, soon!!! We are all in this together ❤ I can't even imagine how you are all feeling and I also know how much work you put into the application !!!  Big, big hugs to all of you !!! 🤗 keep us all updated!!! 💓

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Ebony said:

Hey all !

For those of you still waiting to hear about an interview, I'm thinking about you and I KNOW this wait has been so hard for you! Praying you all hear good news, soon!!! We are all in this together ❤ I can't even imagine how you are all feeling and I also know how much work you put into the application !!!  Big, big hugs to all of you !!! 🤗 keep us all updated!!! 💓

This! ⬆️ I’m so excited for the third wave of interview invites to go out!! Sending big hugs to all of you waiting! 🤞🏻🙏🏻❤️

• Like 6

2 hours ago, edmmusic2009 said:

Do you know if it covers 100% percent tuition or there is a limit cap for that?

I know it is not 100% but not sure exactly how much it covers. Also depends on if you are in/out of state tuition...taking out excess to live off of etc.. 

• Thanks 1

@patobe82Congrats!!!!

I’m in tears! I was in mid sentence with my husband and scared him to death when I seen the email. Im so excited to receive an interview invite! I signed up for July 17th!

Thank you all for your support and helpful information. It’s been a tough process, and preparation never ends! I look forward to meeting the committee, current students and candidates. 

• Like 10

Just now, mderoosl said:

@patobe82Congrats!!!!

I’m in tears! I was in mid sentence with my husband and scared him to death when I seen the email. Im so excited to receive an interview invite! I signed up for July 17th!

Thank you all for your support and helpful information. It’s been a tough process, and preparation never ends! I look forward to meeting the committee, current students and candidates. 

awesome!! So happy for you!