Eastern Virginia Medical School 2020-2021 Cycle

23 hours ago, mgprepa25 said:

I can't seem to find the area to Update Experiences. Could you please direct me where in my PURL I can find that? Thank you! 

I think you put it under the document upload tab. Can anyone else confirm this? The handbook says the following for updating new experiences on PURL:

For positions acquired after submitting the CASPA application, applicants should upload the following information to their Personalized URL (PURL):

• Position Title
  • Position Duties
  • Average hours/week
  • Start & End Date (leave end date blank if still current)
  • Received Salary or Payment? (Yes or No)
  • Received Academic Credit? (Yes or No)
  • Location outside the US? (Yes or No)
  • Employer Name
  • Supervisor Name & contact info: Include email & phone #

Hi all. I was looking at my PURL. It’s say at the top, good news! We’ve received your application. I also got a confirmation email as well confirming that my application was submitted and  eligible for review by the committee. However, when I go into my PURL and go under 2021-2022 application, it is currently listed as inactive and closed. Should I be concerned? I haven’t gotten any denial email or communication. Does anyone else’s PURL read like this? 

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, crk18 said:

Hi all. I was looking at my PURL. It’s say at the top, good news! We’ve received your application. I also got a confirmation email as well confirming that my application was submitted and  eligible for review by the committee. However, when I go into my PURL and go under 2021-2022 application, it is currently listed as inactive and closed. Should I be concerned? I haven’t gotten any denial email or communication. Does anyone else’s PURL read like this? 

Thanks in advance!

Hi there! After looking at my PURL, it seems as though my application is also listed as inactive and "Application Closed". My home page also states "Good News! We've received your application..."  I wouldn't worry about it too much. We should hopefully be receiving an email this week about an interview invite!!! You can always call/email EVMS to clarify though. Hope this helps! Good luck!

13 minutes ago, FuturePAstudent11 said:

Ugh any news yet?? 😭 

Hello! The past few years the emails were sent out in the evening on the first day of the second week of June. Last year the emails were sent out in the morning on the Tuesday of the second week of June. I'm going to start constantly refreshing this page and my email starting at 5:00pm tonight lol 😅

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, soontobepakg said:

Hello! The past few years the emails were sent out in the evening on the first day of the second week of June. Last year the emails were sent out in the morning on the Tuesday of the second week of June. I'm going to start constantly refreshing this page and my email starting at 5:00pm tonight lol 😅

Awesome. Best of luck to everyone. We got this!! 

• Like 6

Hey everyone !!! I've been reading this page for awhile and keep checking back to see if anyone has heard anything !! I've been an anxious wreck all weekend and have been obsessively checking my email !!!! It has to be unhealthy! Haha This is my first time applying and I've worked so hard as I'm sure the rest of you all have !!! Good luck to everyone !!!! Im proud of each and every one of you !! 

❤️ Ebony 

• Like 4

Does anyone's PURL say something other than: "Good News! We’ve Received Your Application For The Physician Assistant, MPA Program." ?

I can't remember if the PURLs changed last year before the interview offers were sent, or not. I know the PURLs changed before the acceptances/waitlists/denials were sent after interviews.

Last year my PURL changed the night before the interview invites went out and I was too excited to wait for the official email so I scheduled it through the pURL. If that happens this year, you may want to wait to enjoy seeing the beautiful email because I think the system doesn't send it if you prematurely schedule it. Hope that makes sense.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FuturePA9987 said:

Last year my PURL changed the night before the interview invites went out and I was too excited to wait for the official email so I scheduled it through the pURL. If that happens this year, you may want to wait to enjoy seeing the beautiful email because I think the system doesn't send it if you prematurely schedule it. Hope that makes sense.

You may not remember, do you know what time the PURL changed? Just being ridiculously anal and anxious, don't mind me 😅

15 minutes ago, soontobepakg said:

You may not remember, do you know what time the PURL changed? Just being ridiculously anal and anxious, don't mind me 😅

Haha. I think one person said they noticed it around 7/8pm. I didn't notice until the middle of the night because I didn't think to check earlier. Don't worry- I've been there and was the exact same way! I'm excited for you all so much that I keep checking all day!! 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 8:59 PM, ChameleonProtactinium said:

Hi there! After looking at my PURL, it seems as though my application is also listed as inactive and "Application Closed". My home page also states "Good News! We've received your application..."  I wouldn't worry about it too much. We should hopefully be receiving an email this week about an interview invite!!! You can always call/email EVMS to clarify though. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Thank you!! Good luck to you as well!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LaurenR19 said:

June 9th was the first wave last year! Unsure of 2nd and 3rd, but I think it’s only 3-4 days between. 

Best of luck! 

Third wave went out on June 16th.

Good luck, hopefully you all start hearing something today! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ebony said:

Has anyone contacted them this year to see if they will say when the first round of invites will go out ? 

Yeah but I haven’t received a response from Erin. I emailed her last week. I like to think admissions stalks this forum and just laughs at all of us for going so crazy waiting lol

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, somerskm said:

Yeah but I haven’t received a response from Erin. I emailed her last week. I like to think admissions stalks this forum and just laughs at all of us for going so crazy waiting lol

LOL!!! They probably do. You can't tell me that over 3 months ago since the app deadline passed they don't know who they will select by now. Toying with our emotions!!! 🤣 Hopefully it will be today or tomorrow🤞🙏🏽

• Haha 2