Eastern Virginia Medical School 2020-2021 Cycle

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 5:25 AM, LordPleaseHelpMe said:

Does EVMS give preference to alumni or Virginia residents? Asking from a North Carolinian

https://www.evms.edu/education/masters_programs/physician_assistant_program/admissions_information/admission_statistics/

A little over half end up being Virginia residents, most of which are from the immediate area.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 4:25 AM, LordPleaseHelpMe said:

Does EVMS give preference to alumni or Virginia residents? Asking from a North Carolinian

I'm from NC and I was accepted this year, I did a rough count on our FB page and there are 17 of us from out of state (there are currently only 57 people on the page). Hopefully that helps some. 

Edited by mxray
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I just had a very confuse call with the institution 

on CASPA it states 

" I acknowledge that in order for EVMS to consider any additional unverified coursework completed after I submit my application and before March 1, the courses must be included on the CASPA electronic transcript and I must submit a transcript from the school directly to EVMS."

when I asked how should I submit my transcript the person told me they pull this information from me CASPA application.

So my question is, do I need to send in my official transcript to the program? If yes how do I send them this information

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2020 at 5:04 PM, Noodlesgirl said:

I just had a very confuse call with the institution 

on CASPA it states 

" I acknowledge that in order for EVMS to consider any additional unverified coursework completed after I submit my application and before March 1, the courses must be included on the CASPA electronic transcript and I must submit a transcript from the school directly to EVMS."

when I asked how should I submit my transcript the person told me they pull this information from me CASPA application.

So my question is, do I need to send in my official transcript to the program? If yes how do I send them this information

Hi there. You will not need to send any transcripts unless offered a seat to matriculate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I have a question for you all

I plan on applying this cycle and I need to retake A&P 1, do you guys think its best to submit my application now or wait until I am done retaking anatomy 1? Also my CASPA application is already verified but with the old grade I have for anatomy1. What is the best advice you guys have for me?

22 hours ago, Noodlesgirl said:

I plan on applying this cycle and I need to retake A&P 1, do you guys think its best to submit my application now or wait until I am done retaking anatomy 1? Also my CASPA application is already verified but with the old grade I have for anatomy1. What is the best advice you guys have for me?

Since the application deadline isn't until March 1st and the school doesn't start reviewing applications until after the deadline there would be no benefit if you applied before you retake A and P. 

In regards to verification, is it just your coursework that has been verified or has your cGPA been calculated as well? Once you have applied to a program you can add coursework but it won't be verified or calculated into your cGPA. I  have attached the CASPA link that talks about adding coursework after your application has been verified. https://help.liaisonedu.com/CASPA_Applicant_Help_Center/Submitting_and_Monitoring_Your_CASPA_Application/Before_and_After_You_Submit_Your_CASPA_Application/6_Updating_Your_CASPA_Application

• Like 1

On 10/3/2020 at 12:59 PM, Noodlesgirl said:

Like the poster said above, I’d wait! EVMS calculates their own prereq GPA and their overall GPA from 1 of 3 (undergrad, grad, replacement). They do not utilize a sGPA. EVMS also requires a B- or higher on all prerequisites. 

This is extremely helpful: 

https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_public/departments/health_professions/mpa_program/pdfs/EVMS_MPA_Admissions_Guidebook_2019-2020.pdf

Does anyone know if you have Organic Chemistry and received an A, it counts toward the Pre-req but I also have Biochemistry (received a C)? Will they not consider me or because I have Organic Chemistry I should be fine?  Their handbook said OR so I believe I should be fine but I was just curious if anyone else had the same.

On 10/7/2020 at 1:56 PM, LaurenR19 said:

Like the poster said above, I’d wait! EVMS calculates their own prereq GPA and their overall GPA from 1 of 3 (undergrad, grad, replacement). They do not utilize a sGPA. EVMS also requires a B- or higher on all prerequisites. 

This is extremely helpful: 

https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_public/departments/health_professions/mpa_program/pdfs/EVMS_MPA_Admissions_Guidebook_2019-2020.pdf

Thank you. 

19 hours ago, Ucscaly said:

Does anyone know if you have Organic Chemistry and received an A, it counts toward the Pre-req but I also have Biochemistry (received a C)? Will they not consider me or because I have Organic Chemistry I should be fine?  Their handbook said OR so I believe I should be fine but I was just curious if anyone else had the same.

I have taken both Biochem and Organic Chem 1, but I would think since the handbook states "OR" you should be fine. If the plan is to not retake Biochem I would reach out to the school for clarification.

Question- I took Casper test on 10/13. After the test,  snap shot came up on my screen. It consists of 3 questions which will record your video and provide to the EVMS. It is more like a interview question. I did not expected that so I hit back button in the middle of question 1. I contacted Casper test representative. He told me that  snap shot can be done with in 10 days after test was taken. In addition, not all school required it. I looked up EVMS. Under snapshot - " to be announced". Did anyone noticed that. Thank you!

3 hours ago, satvinder said:

Question- I took Casper test on 10/13. After the test,  snap shot came up on my screen. It consists of 3 questions which will record your video and provide to the EVMS. It is more like a interview question. I did not expected that so I hit back button in the middle of question 1. I contacted Casper test representative. He told me that  snap shot can be done with in 10 days after test was taken. In addition, not all school required it. I looked up EVMS. Under snapshot - " to be announced". Did anyone noticed that. Thank you!

I took the first CASPER in May and I definitely didn't get that. 

On 10/15/2020 at 6:01 AM, satvinder said:

Reach out to: PAProgram@evms.edu and ask! All faculty and staff are extremely helpful! 

That was not part of the CASPer last year. 

On 10/15/2020 at 9:59 AM, Vet2PA said:

I took the first CASPER in May and I definitely didn't get that. 

8 hours ago, LaurenR19 said:

Reach out to: PAProgram@evms.edu and ask! All faculty and staff are extremely helpful! 

That was not part of the CASPer last year. 

On 10/15/2020 at 6:01 AM, satvinder said:

I took my second CASPer test in May (they expire after a year) and this is a new feature that I got an email about. It is not required by schools but just something extra they provide.