Eastern Virginia Medical School 2020-2021 Cycle

22 minutes ago, mxray said:

Hello! I have no idea how the adcom scores but I would not worry about not currently having a job. I am not sure what they will be asking this year. My best advice would be if they happen to ask during interviews you could mention that you are currently in between jobs (if you decide to mention you left your job, DO NOT talk negatively about it as it reflects poorly on you, even if you had a good reason for leaving). You have other positives going in your life I would focus on those factors instead.

Thank you so much! That makes me feel better 🙂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FuturePA9987 said:

Congrats everyone so far! I look forward to "seeing" you virtually at the Q& A session next month and at interviews.

Those still waiting, don't give up--there's still a chance!

Hi! I apologize if you've already posted the information somewhere. But I'm having trouble finding how to attend the virtual Q&A. 

4 minutes ago, paddybibi said:

Yeah, I also would love the link to sign up for the Q&A! Thank you so much.

10 minutes ago, Sydneyshea said:

Hi! I apologize if you've already posted the information somewhere. But I'm having trouble finding how to attend the virtual Q&A. 

Once all the invites have went out there will be an email sent out with details about the Q and A from our mentor committee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dmvcam said:

Okay thanks! I’ve seen that all students must be vaccinated this fall. Is there any option to not get vaccinated and continue to wear masks during class moving forward, or is the vaccine absolutely required?

I think it will be almost an absolute requirement unless you have some kind of medical condition or something like that, don't quote me on that. With the school wanting to get back to in-class learning, I can't see how someone could participate as easily without the vaccine.

15 minutes ago, Sydneyshea said:

The Q&A is completely seperate from the interview process. It is a student ran event to answer questions for pre-PA applicants. I'll post a link probably the week of.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChameleonProtactinium said:

Did any of you sign up for the 12:30p slot on the 15th?? I'd love to meet some of you before the big day! If you're local, maybe we can meet up for coffee or something? 

I also signed up for that slot! But I'm not local 😢