Eastern Virginia Medical School 2020-2021 Cycle

I got an interview!! I really lost hope once I didn’t receive one after the second round so I’m so happy 🙂 Also a reminder that for those who don’t get accepted, an interview is still always great practice for interviews for other schools!! 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, mderoosl said:

@patobe82Congrats!!!!

I’m in tears! I was in mid sentence with my husband and scared him to death when I seen the email. Im so excited to receive an interview invite! I signed up for July 17th!

Thank you all for your support and helpful information. It’s been a tough process, and preparation never ends! I look forward to meeting the committee, current students and candidates. 

I am very happy for you! Congratulations !!

2 hours ago, mderoosl said:

@patobe82Congrats!!!!

I’m in tears! I was in mid sentence with my husband and scared him to death when I seen the email. Im so excited to receive an interview invite! I signed up for July 17th!

Thank you all for your support and helpful information. It’s been a tough process, and preparation never ends! I look forward to meeting the committee, current students and candidates. 

Congratulations!!! I’m so happy for you! 

• Thanks 1

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten an interview offer so far and good luck! I did not receive a rejection letter or an interview offer, would the best advice for me to be to reach out to the admissions committee to get an idea of why I haven't heard at least anything from them? Thank you.

1 hour ago, Sydneyshea said:

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten an interview offer so far and good luck! I did not receive a rejection letter or an interview offer, would the best advice for me to be to reach out to the admissions committee to get an idea of why I haven't heard at least anything from them? Thank you.

Hello. You can absolutely reach out to them but more than likely they will tell you they are unable to assist you at this time because they are busy with the interview/admission phase for the current cycle. If you're hoping to get an admission consultation the best thing would be to wait until September/ October timeframe. Otherwise they'll tell you to review their website or attend one of their info sessions. Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, mfinley said:

Hello. You can absolutely reach out to them but more than likely they will tell you they are unable to assist you at this time because they are busy with the interview/admission phase for the current cycle. If you're hoping to get an admission consultation the best thing would be to wait until September/ October timeframe. Otherwise they'll tell you to review their website or attend one of their info sessions. Hope that helps.

Thank you so much! 🙂

Hi all. 

When I login to the PURL, for those that received notifications through there, where was it? When I login mine just says "Good News! We’ve Received Your Application For The Physician Assistant, MPA Program. "

I still have yet to receive an interview invite or rejection(via email or PURL). Is this good? Bad? Did the 3rd wave of invites officially go out today? 

9 hours ago, KH757PA said:

Hi all. 

When I login to the PURL, for those that received notifications through there, where was it? When I login mine just says "Good News! We’ve Received Your Application For The Physician Assistant, MPA Program. "

I still have yet to receive an interview invite or rejection(via email or PURL). Is this good? Bad? Did the 3rd wave of invites officially go out today? 

Hello!

It appeared on the side bar as “PA Interview Information”. It was also announced on my landing page. I can’t remember what it said because it has changed for a third time since I accepted my invite. 

Don’t lose hope just yet! If you haven’t received a rejection, there is still a chance! Some applicants will decline their invitation if they got in elsewhere last cycle. They have 72 hours to respond so try to hang in there... I know that’s really hard to do ❤️

• Like 5

does anyone know the exact format of the interview process? is it a combination of group and individual interviews? i'm looking at the candidate interview schedule and it says after welcoming remarks there are individual interviews but with two groups so i'm a little confused 

16 hours ago, vmazz said:

does anyone know the exact format of the interview process? is it a combination of group and individual interviews? i'm looking at the candidate interview schedule and it says after welcoming remarks there are individual interviews but with two groups so i'm a little confused 

There will be two individual interviews, they just split us up into groups to determine who will interview then break versus break then interview.

Afterwards, we go into more informal peer groups with current students where we’re able to ask questions in a more relaxed setting. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, vmazz said:

My understanding is it is two 20 minute one-on-one interviews that are traditional (vs MMI).

I hope that helps ! 

• Like 2

Hey everyone! So excited to interview. Just wondering if anyone has been able to get ahold of Erin or Elise? Like others mentioned, I was also wondering about the interview format i.e. what is expected of us during breaks, is the membership committee portion 35 minutes for each group, how many applicants are typically in one interview session, etc.

3 hours ago, joanne101095 said:

Hey everyone! So excited to interview. Just wondering if anyone has been able to get ahold of Erin or Elise? Like others mentioned, I was also wondering about the interview format i.e. what is expected of us during breaks, is the membership committee portion 35 minutes for each group, how many applicants are typically in one interview session, etc.

Hello! 

interview format is traditional. you will have two - 20 minute individual interviews (no group interview due to virtual). The membership committee is comprised of 8 students from c/o ‘23. They are there to answer questions and welcome you. It is very laid back! 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, LaurenR19 said:

Hello! 

interview format is traditional. you will have two - 20 minute individual interviews (no group interview due to virtual). The membership committee is comprised of 8 students from c/o ‘23. They are there to answer questions and welcome you. It is very laid back! 

Thanks, Lauren ! I was totally wondering how the group portion would work with being fully virtual. I saw that the interview packet is coming soon. Will we get a notification when it populates ? Or should we keep checking our PURL. 

Thanks for always answering our questions ☺

• Like 1

Hi, everyone, 

Congratulations to all who have taken one step closer to becoming a PA.  My heart is in my stomach as I ask the question: can it be assumed if we have not received an invitation after the third wave went out on Friday, we will not be receiving one at all since since the 72-hour window would technically have been Monday for that group? 

Thank you in advance. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ebony said:

Thanks, Lauren ! I was totally wondering how the group portion would work with being fully virtual. I saw that the interview packet is coming soon. Will we get a notification when it populates ? Or should we keep checking our PURL. 

Thanks for always answering our questions ☺

You are so very welcome! 

Our interview schedule, “group” assignment, and day of events was sent out on July 8th from Erin. More information was also populated in our PURL. 

I just looked and her email contained extensive information! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, alexreb13 said:

Hi, everyone, 

Congratulations to all who have taken one step closer to becoming a PA.  My heart is in my stomach as I ask the question: can it be assumed if we have not received an invitation after the third wave went out on Friday, we will not be receiving one at all since since the 72-hour window would technically have been Monday for that group? 

Thank you in advance. 

Hi there! 

It’s honestly hard to say. I cannot say with confidence since there is no waitlist for interviews at EVMS like other schools. 

I wish I could provide more information. 

Just remember that if it doesn’t happen this year, there is always next! EVMS is very holistic and thorough. You’ll be able to request a review of your application sometime in September/October and they’ll provide excellent constructive feedback and what to improve upon! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LaurenR19 said:

Hi there! 

It’s honestly hard to say. I cannot say with confidence since there is no waitlist for interviews at EVMS like other schools. 

I wish I could provide more information. 

Just remember that if it doesn’t happen this year, there is always next! EVMS is very holistic and thorough. You’ll be able to request a review of your application sometime in September/October and they’ll provide excellent constructive feedback and what to improve upon! 

Lauren, any information is greatly appreciated, so thank you very much for taking the time to offer direction.  Being patient through a process really solidifies how much you want something, and my patience has definitely been tested while also highlighting the burning desire I have to pursue medicine. 

For now, I'll remain hopeful. 

I waited a long time before jumping on to the forum because I did not want to get into my own head but after reading through the pages of posts, you have been nothing but helpful and a great guide for a number of us on here.  Again, thank you for taking the time.  It means a lot. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, alexreb13 said:

Lauren, any information is greatly appreciated, so thank you very much for taking the time to offer direction.  Being patient through a process really solidifies how much you want something, and my patience has definitely been tested while also highlighting the burning desire I have to pursue medicine. 

For now, I'll remain hopeful. 

I waited a long time before jumping on to the forum because I did not want to get into my own head but after reading through the pages of posts, you have been nothing but helpful and a great guide for a number of us on here.  Again, thank you for taking the time.  It means a lot. 

You are so very welcome!! 

On 6/22/2021 at 12:57 PM, LaurenR19 said:

Hello! 

Thanks, Lauren! I really appreciate you taking the time to share what you know. 😀

• Like 1

Does anyone know if it's "blind" interviews? Where the people interviewing you don't know your application? Or should we expect questions regarding our grades/classes? Also, any advice beating nerves? I just want to leave my interview knowing I gave it my best! 😀

Edited by Gemini