Eastern Virginia Medical School 2020-2021 Cycle

• 2 weeks later...

So I use to be able to see posts from this forum through tapatalk. It is an app that gives me alerts if anyone posts and is easy to maintain a communication through this forum. Is anyone else using this app and is not able to now and if so is there another app we can use instead of using the physician assistant forum website? 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, FuturePAstudent11 said:

Hey everyone 🙂 just getting nervous, I know they started looking at applications March 1st, so im thinking interviews will be coming up next month... has anyone heard anything yet😬😬 good luck everyone!

Congratulations on applying to PA school! I know there is a lot of excitement and anxiety around this time. While the deadline for applications to EVMS is in March, for the past 2 cycles interview invitations have not went out until June. They sent us a timeline last year for when declination letters would be distributed and when interview invites would be extended. Hope this helps some!

• Upvote 1

That last week in May/ 1st week in June will be here before you know it!!! The wait for those interview emails will feel like eternity and you will legit refresh your email 1000x 😅 but it will be worth it in the end!!. You have done all the hard work to get to this point, so just relax (easier said than done I KNOW I've been their 3x lol) and let your applications speak for themselves! ❤️

• Like 2

Congratulations to everyone who applied! I know waiting until the first week of June seems like forever, but it will be here before you know it! Enjoy your time! EVMS uses a truly holistic approach to their review process so the wait is worth it! 

please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns. You can find me on Instagram @lo_thepa

best of luck! 

On 3/22/2021 at 12:08 PM, FuturePAstudent11 said:

Hey everyone 🙂 just getting nervous, I know they started looking at applications March 1st, so im thinking interviews will be coming up next month... has anyone heard anything yet😬😬 good luck everyone!

As stated below, EVMS typically sends a timeline for reviews. Invites are usually sent out in June and interviews happen in July! 

best of luck! 

Hey y'all!

What does everyone's welcome message in your PURL state?

Mine has changed from"we've forwarded your app to the committee" back to "congrats, we've received your application". My document upload tab is also no longer in the drop-down menu.

Just curious if anyone else has seen any changes.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, WakadanPA said:

Hey y'all!

What does everyone's welcome message in your PURL state?

Mine has changed from"we've forwarded your app to the committee" back to "congrats, we've received your application". My document upload tab is also no longer in the drop-down menu.

Just curious if anyone else has seen any changes.

Thanks!

Mine still says "Your application has now been sent..." and my document upload tab is still available.

Based off of what current students have said in this year's forum and last, I wouldn't worry about changes to PURL until they send out an update in June. Easier said than done but I'm excited for all of us!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2021 at 11:14 PM, LeGrand said:

Mine still says "Your application has now been sent..." and my document upload tab is still available.

Based off of what current students have said in this year's forum and last, I wouldn't worry about changes to PURL until they send out an update in June. Easier said than done but I'm excited for all of us!

Hi! Current student. 

PURL changes happen constantly and aren’t a tell tail sign of anything until interview week and the day offers go out. 

I know it’s hard, but just enjoy your time! 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Sydneyshea said:

Hello! I only applied to EVMS and I heard they send out rejection letters in May. Of course I am not expecting one, but I’m also prepared to. Does anyone know if they send them through mail or is everything by email now?? Thank you! 

Last year all correspondence from the school was via email 

Edited by mxray
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone applied to more programs this cycle already as they wait on the decision from EVMS for interviews from this past cycle? It's just such a tough decision as you don't want to waste money on applying if you get into EVMS but you have to always have a contingency plan I suppose.

11 hours ago, DOCRAH said:

Has anyone applied to more programs this cycle already as they wait on the decision from EVMS for interviews from this past cycle? It's just such a tough decision as you don't want to waste money on applying if you get into EVMS but you have to always have a contingency plan I suppose.

Hi there future PA! I just applied to another program yesterday as my plan B while I wait for a decision from EVMS. The other program has a rolling admissions cycle, so I should be notified around the same time about an acceptance hopefully. It's definitely a struggle to decide whether or not to invest in applying to other programs, especially when EVMS is your top choice. At this point, my goal is to become a PA, so the cost really isn't a waste to me. I can definitely understand your situation though. I only applied to 1 program last year and was waitlisted, so I'm trying to avoid the cost of having to re-apply a third time next year. Wishing you all the best!!! 😃

Edited by SPutnam2020
  • Like 1

This is my 4th cycle applying  I was waitlisted last year and I think the only denials that may be sent is for the people who don't qualify because of missing requirements in their application. 

EVMS sends out interview invitations in cycles 3 to be exact. So in cycle one you get an invitation lets says you decline. Then another student will be picked for the 2nd round of interviews. EVMS ranks their candidates on a point basis. The first round of interviews goes out to the students who have enough points for an interview. If they decline the next round will be picked until all the interview spots are filled usually 170 or so. So it would not make sense to decline other applicants, because they don't know how many will decline unless they didn't finish all requirements for their application. This would be the only reason to get a denial letter in my opinion.  After all the interview slots are filled then they send denial emails. The same is true for interviews and acceptances. You get a score for your interview and application they rank them send out the acceptances and then denials after all spots are filled or your picked for the waitlist like I was which is at the recommendation of the faculty. Hope this helps

Edited by patobe82
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Third cycle applying for me.

Everyone who is nervous or on edge about the timeline - best advice I can give you is to just relax and keep living your life. The emails will come when they’ve made decisions whether or not you’re stressing, and you’ll be in a much better headspace come interview time if you can keep your cortisol levels in check! Enjoy the weather and the cicadas, avoid checking your email every 3 minutes, and take a deep breath. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Unfortunately, I was declined for an interview. Stats: 1st time applying, cGPA 3.4, sGPA 3.5, PCE 23,000+ as an Athletic Trainer and also a clinical and surgical assistant to orthopedic surgeon with numerous other experiences. 

Best of luck to everyone!! 

Edited by Klhurt
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

So they 

59 minutes ago, Klhurt said:

Unfortunately, I was declined for an interview. Stats: 1st time applying, cGPA 3.4, sGPA 3.5, PCE 23,000+ as an Athletic Trainer and also a clinical and surgical assistant to orthopedic surgeon with numerous other experiences. 

I’m sorry to hear that!! At least now you know the ropes and will have an even more stellar application next time around. So they just reached out to you via email to let you know of the declination?

2 hours ago, Klhurt said:

Did they send out declination emails this week and invitation emails next week? I'm so sorry to hear that. Hopefully that won't stop you from reapplying.

7 hours ago, dmvcam said:

So they 

I’m sorry to hear that!! At least now you know the ropes and will have an even more stellar application next time around. So they just reached out to you via email to let you know of the declination?

Yes, just via email at 11pm. 

• Upvote 1