University of Utah 2020-21 Application cycle!

1 hour ago, sdebar said:

Submitted my app on 5/5 and am scheduled to take the CASPer on 6/28. I took it last year but it looks like you can't submit old scores. Has anyone else taken it this cycle?

Yes, I just took my CASPer on 5/7. It was basically the same as last cycle just different scenarios. Good luck! I really wish I knew how I scored on it tho.... 

22 hours ago, Galganskimm said:

Yes, I just took my CASPer on 5/7. It was basically the same as last cycle just different scenarios. Good luck! I really wish I knew how I scored on it tho.... 

Yeah that part really stinks. I wish I could use my scores from last year! But I was able to reschedule so I take it on 5/20 to get it out of the way 

• Like 1

Got an email saying they just verified all of my stuff and got my casper score today (05-28). Here were all my dates... 

Submitted 05-11, verified 05-14, CASPer on 05-07

• Monday, November 9th in Salt Lake City
  • Saturday, November 14th in St. George
  • Monday, November 16th in Salt Lake City
  • Friday, November 20th in Salt Lake City

If we are invited to get an interview we will be assigned one of these interview dates. They do not use rolling admissions. Good luck! 

• Upvote 1

Guest wildalaska

CASPA verified May 8th, submitted my app to U of Utah on May 11th, took the CASPer on May 7th.

Just received an email today letting me know they have my verified CASPA and my CASPer scores, and that my application is under review!

I got the same interview information as @htb13a. Long time to wait due to non-rolling admissions!

Edited by wildalaska

10 minutes ago, AllyyW said:

How did you guys answer the question on preference to campus location? I would prefer the Salt Lake campus but would accept St. George but I do not know if it looks bad to say this on the application. 

I told them I did not have a preference mainly because I don’t lol I’d just be glad to get into the program. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AllyyW said:

How did you guys answer the question on preference to campus location? I would prefer the Salt Lake campus but would accept St. George but I do not know if it looks bad to say this on the application. 

It won't look bad on the application, but just know that if you put down only Salt Lake, they may pass you up if the seats in SL are filled but there are still spots open in St. George (and vice versa).  It's up to you though.  I do know that at last year's interviews they were given one last chance to change their campus preference on their applications, but I don't know if they will do that again this year.  Best of luck to you!

9 minutes ago, pathgirl20 said:

It won't look bad on the application, but just know that if you put down only Salt Lake, they may pass you up if the seats in SL are filled but there are still spots open in St. George (and vice versa).  It's up to you though.  I do know that at last year's interviews they were given one last chance to change their campus preference on their applications, but I don't know if they will do that again this year.  Best of luck to you!

Understandable. I think I am going to say I am okay with either because truly I just want a seat. I appreciate your opinion!

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 7:56 PM, AllyyW said:

It will not look bad, they honestly just want to know. I went through this last year and believe me I regret not specifying that I would accept St. George if waitlisted. Also, they will give you an opportunity to make up your mind during interviews if selected. Good luck 🙂

12 hours ago, CLC0617 said:

Submitted 5/26, verified today, CASper scheduled 6/9. Fingers crossed. Best of luck everyone! This is also my first application cycle. 

Those of you who took the CASper, what should I expect? Any way to prepare? 

Just use common sense, and make sure you can type fast enough. The CASPer site has a practice test I believe! The pro and con to CASPer is that you'll never know how you did, so it's one of those things that is mostly out of your hands. Literally all you can do is try your best! Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...