University of Utah 2020-21 Application cycle!

6 hours ago, Fall2020 said:

Nervous and excited to hear back at the same time! This is the only school I want to hear back from and see myself attending. Before I applied, I felt confident in my application but looking at so many other people’s info, I start to question if my application is ready to stand up against the crowd. Does anyone else ever feel that way? 

I definitely feel this way. My GPA is not impressive in the slightest but I’d like to think that my work experience makes up for it. Either way, we all get to improve our applications by next year and I wish everyone good luck. We’ve all worked hard for this and whoever gets in eventually will certainly deserve it. Here’s to hoping that we’re among them 😁🤞🏽

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Raltrich said:

Anybody hear anything yet? I'm starting to lose hope. I haven't heard back from ANY of my programs and I'm starting to wonder if I'm a no-go for this cycle. 

Don't be discouraged! There is still plenty of time and honestly sometimes no news is good news. At least it's not a rejection! I haven't heard anything from UofU yet either.

• Like 1

I definitely feel this way. My GPA is not impressive in the slightest but I’d like to think that my work experience makes up for it. Either way, we all get to improve our applications by next year and I wish everyone good luck. We’ve all worked hard for this and whoever gets in eventually will certainly deserve it. Here’s to hoping that we’re among them [emoji16][emoji1693]

I am in the same boat! Hopeful and excited on my first time applying [emoji4]

10 hours ago, Kins4 said:

I definitely feel this way. My GPA is not impressive in the slightest but I’d like to think that my work experience makes up for it. Either way, we all get to improve our applications by next year and I wish everyone good luck. We’ve all worked hard for this and whoever gets in eventually will certainly deserve it. Here’s to hoping that we’re among them 😁🤞🏽

I’m sure it will! You’ve got this! But I absolutely agree, I’m excited, we’ve all worked hard and I can’t wait to hear back! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KaiteKakes said:

What makes you say that? 

They stated they will announce interviews mid October and last year, it was between the 7th - 9th of October I believe where they let people know if they were moving forward or not so I would assume it will most likely be the same again this year 🙂

• Like 1

So anxious to hear from the program! I’ve gotten so many rejections so far and I’m losing hope and planning to reroute my plans if it doesn’t happen this cycle. 

Good luck everyone!! So excited yet so scared [emoji23]

I feel you! Still waiting on a few with Utah in that group. I am nervous and excited myself haha

35 minutes ago, Dreamer01 said:

Prepping myself for rejection, because I'm afraid I won't get in.

Don’t prepare yourself for rejection. Trust me I have had a rollercoaster of emotions about my applications, I applied to four schools, received rejections from two already and still waiting on UofU and PCOM. I know my GPA could be better, and if it’s not good enough then I will just work hard to take more courses to bring that up, and if my essay wasn’t good enough, well then I’ll try a new approach next time. But there is no rush, I constantly have to tell myself if this is what I want to do, then it is what I am going to do. It may not be at a time that I absolutely want , but it will happen. 

I say all this to say, I feel your discouragement but don’t feel discouraged, you can only do better from here to better your chances of getting in, IF you do not get picked for this upcoming class. A program will see your light and the special attributes you will bring to their program soon. 

keep your head up! 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Erskinesimone38 said:

Don’t prepare yourself for rejection. Trust me I have had a rollercoaster of emotions about my applications, I applied to four schools, received rejections from two already and still waiting on UofU and PCOM. I know my GPA could be better, and if it’s not good enough then I will just work hard to take more courses to bring that up, and if my essay wasn’t good enough, well then I’ll try a new approach next time. But there is no rush, I constantly have to tell myself if this is what I want to do, then it is what I am going to do. It may not be at a time that I absolutely want , but it will happen. 

I say all this to say, I feel your discouragement but don’t feel discouraged, you can only do better from here to better your chances of getting in, IF you do not get picked for this upcoming class. A program will see your light and the special attributes you will bring to their program soon. 

keep your head up! 

Thank you do much for the kind words. I will try to be positive no matter the outcome. 

• Like 1