University of Utah 2020-21 Application cycle!

9 hours ago, Dreamer01 said:

Hi everyone. Did you get the email that there is no supplemental questions? I read somewhere that some applicants are getting supplemental questions. I am applying with a gpa in the low 3.0s, but have experience as a scribe, pt aide and a lot of volunteer work in the ER. 

I got the same email. I didn't hear about a supplemental application. 

9 hours ago, Dreamer01 said:

Hi everyone. Did you get the email that there is no supplemental questions? I read somewhere that some applicants are getting supplemental questions. I am applying with a gpa in the low 3.0s, but have experience as a scribe, pt aide and a lot of volunteer work in the ER. 

When did you all get the email about no supplemental application? 

Guest wildalaska
6 minutes ago, Erskinesimone38 said:

When did you all get the email about no supplemental application? 

It was in the same email they sent me saying my CASPA was verified, and my application was under review.

Here is the full text:

Your CASPA application has been verified and your CASPer test score has been received. There is no supplemental application required, and your application is now under review.

Please note that we do not utilize a rolling admissions process. Therefore, you will not hear from us again until we have completed application review for the entire applicant pool. Interview status notifications will be sent via e-mail in mid-October. 

If invited to interview with us, you must attend your assigned interview date in-person, pending safety standards related to the COVID-19 status at the time. Interviews will tentatively take place in-person in November on the dates below, or via videoconferencing on or around the cited dates:

• Monday, November 9th in Salt Lake City
  • Saturday, November 14th in St. George
  • Monday, November 16th in Salt Lake City
  • Friday, November 20th in Salt Lake City

Thank you for your interest in our program.  

University of Utah Physician Assistant Program

24 minutes ago, wildalaska said:

It was in the same email they sent me saying my CASPA was verified, and my application was under review.

Here is the full text:

Your CASPA application has been verified and your CASPer test score has been received. There is no supplemental application required, and your application is now under review.

Please note that we do not utilize a rolling admissions process. Therefore, you will not hear from us again until we have completed application review for the entire applicant pool. Interview status notifications will be sent via e-mail in mid-October. 

If invited to interview with us, you must attend your assigned interview date in-person, pending safety standards related to the COVID-19 status at the time. Interviews will tentatively take place in-person in November on the dates below, or via videoconferencing on or around the cited dates:

• Monday, November 9th in Salt Lake City
  • Saturday, November 14th in St. George
  • Monday, November 16th in Salt Lake City
  • Friday, November 20th in Salt Lake City

Thank you for your interest in our program.  

University of Utah Physician Assistant Program

Okay yes I got this same email 

6 minutes ago, acorder5 said:

I got an email on 6/14 that my casper & CASPA app was received & they would send an email when my app is officially under review. I still haven't gotten that email about it being under review.. anyone else?

I was in the same boat. I finally emailed them and asked, and they said they had sent me the "under review" email at the end of June! I definitely did not receive it and received their previous emails so that made me super nervous that I'm missing all kinds of emails from schools haha. They resent it to me when I said I didn't get it. Wonder if it was their system and this happened to multiple people?

22 hours ago, ericap said:

I was in the same boat. I finally emailed them and asked, and they said they had sent me the "under review" email at the end of June! I definitely did not receive it and received their previous emails so that made me super nervous that I'm missing all kinds of emails from schools haha. They resent it to me when I said I didn't get it. Wonder if it was their system and this happened to multiple people?

Thank you! I emailed them and they also said they emailed me 6/29. Must’ve been something with the system for sure. They resent it for me though!

Hi everybody! I know interviews are not till mid November and we're not notified if we get an interview till October. But I would like to practice on mock interviews, public speaking, interview tips, etc. in the mean time. I thought there was mock interviews available through PrePA advising at the U, but I can't seem to find it on their website. Can someone help me if that's still available? I would appreciate any feedback on any other resources regarding preparing for an interview. Thank you in advance and good luck to everyone! 

Liz Estrada

I would appreciate any feedback on any other resources regarding preparing for an interview.

Liz Estrada

Liz,

Check out Savannah Perry's book (https://books.google.com/books/about/Physician_Assistant_School_Interview_Gui.html?id=-pKkswEACAAJ&source=kp_book_description). I interviewed at two schools last cycle and was waitlisted at both. I just had my first interview of this cycle and I felt like I performed much better after reading Savannah's book.

If you decide not to buy the book, one good tip I learned is to write down three attributes that you want your interviewers to know about you and find ways to show those traits. Also to go into the interview assuming that they have not looked at your application, but you also don't want to just re-state your application.

Best of luck with your applications!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 6:45 PM, LizEstrada said:

Hi everybody! I know interviews are not till mid November and we're not notified if we get an interview till October. But I would like to practice on mock interviews, public speaking, interview tips, etc. in the mean time. I thought there was mock interviews available through PrePA advising at the U, but I can't seem to find it on their website. Can someone help me if that's still available? I would appreciate any feedback on any other resources regarding preparing for an interview. Thank you in advance and good luck to everyone! 

Liz Estrada

I called the PrePA office at the U last week about mock interviews.  They said they are still figuring out how to do them for this year. She said to keep an eye on the PPA advising events page on their website.  That is where they will post info about mock interviews (if they end up doing them!)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...