University of Utah 2020-21 Application cycle!

Hey everyone! I'm a little confused with matching the pre-reqs. For example, for chemistry it says "List all chemistry courses taken, including old courses that have been repeated. All chemistry coursework is accepted... minimum credits: 8, minimum grades: 2"

Did you add every single chemistry class you've ever taken? Because I was just intending on adding my two semesters of General Chemistry w/ labs since that's equivalent to 8 credits.

But now i'm questioning whether I should add all the ochem and biochemistry classes I've taken as well. 

12 minutes ago, KB092 said:

Hey everyone! I'm a little confused with matching the pre-reqs. For example, for chemistry it says "List all chemistry courses taken, including old courses that have been repeated. All chemistry coursework is accepted... minimum credits: 8, minimum grades: 2"

Did you add every single chemistry class you've ever taken? Because I was just intending on adding my two semesters of General Chemistry w/ labs since that's equivalent to 8 credits.

But now i'm questioning whether I should add all the ochem and biochemistry classes I've taken as well. 

Hey! Personally, I added all of my courses that were coded as chem or bio for their respective sections. For me, O chem and biochem were both coded as chem classes so I added them all. The "minimum grade" mark in CASPA is for the actual letter grade I believe, not the number of courses. It is referring to the minimum letter grade you need to have it qualify as a prerequisite. This is what I have seen floating around facebook but don't quote me on it. You can always live chat CASPA to double check. 

But anyways, yes I added all of my chem courses and all of my bio courses. Hope this helps! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Skylar said:

Hey! Personally, I added all of my courses that were coded as chem or bio for their respective sections. For me, O chem and biochem were both coded as chem classes so I added them all. The "minimum grade" mark in CASPA is for the actual letter grade I believe, not the number of courses. It is referring to the minimum letter grade you need to have it qualify as a prerequisite. This is what I have seen floating around facebook but don't quote me on it. You can always live chat CASPA to double check. 

But anyways, yes I added all of my chem courses and all of my bio courses. Hope this helps! 

Awesome. Okay that's what i thought as well. Thank you so much! 

I contacted the admissions office and they said to add EVERY course taken under prereqs! For example, add all chemistry courses taken under Chemistry Prerequisites even though the minimum is only 8 units.

CASPA submitted 06/07/2020

Received/Verified by Utah 06/16/2020

CASPer received today (test date 06/04/2020)

Just waiting for the email confirmation that my app is under review. Good luck everyone!

Edited by Guest

On 5/11/2020 at 11:15 AM, sdebar said:

Submitted my app on 5/5 and am scheduled to take the CASPer on 6/28. I took it last year but it looks like you can't submit old scores. Has anyone else taken it this cycle?

I have taken the CASPer. I took it about a week ago. Just the normal "what would you do" or "tell me a time when"

I could be wrong but my understanding was all prerequisites had to be completed by the application cutoff date. This means all summer classes have to be finished and recorded and updated with caspa before your app will be considered by University of Utah. It isnt all for nothing if you can get the grades in on time.  Best of luck. @Kins4

Edited by CLC0617

21 minutes ago, CLC0617 said:

I could be wrong but my understanding was all prerequisites had to be completed by the application cutoff date. This means all summer classes have to be finished and recorded and updated with caspa before your app will be considered by University of Utah. It isnt all for nothing if you can get the grades in on time.  Best of luck. @Kins4

Yes I believe this is correct. 

On 5/28/2020 at 9:56 PM, AllyyW said:

How did you guys answer the question on preference to campus location? I would prefer the Salt Lake campus but would accept St. George but I do not know if it looks bad to say this on the application. 

I said that I have no preference. A member of the admission committee from a different program told me they review your application holistically so the school you pick doesn’t make you look better or worse. It just tells them where to put you. Good luck!

20 hours ago, Kins4 said:

This is the only school I will be applying to this application cycle and I have a few questions.

I’m currently taking a few online classes. If they are not completed before the application due date, is it all for nothing? Or would I just need to directly resend the updated transcript to the university instead of CASPA?

How long after submitting the application do they usually wait to send out interview invites?

If you get lucky with an interview invite, how long after the interview do people usually hear back about acceptance?

Thanks in advance for answering one or all of my questions.

Its a gutsy move only applying to one school. I was forced to do this for the past few years and the results were predictable. As to your questions the best we can do is look at the boards from the previous years. Last year interview invites went out in early October for interviews in early November, its going to be a long wait.

How long did it take everyone to get emails that their application is officially under review? I submitted CASPA 5/30, got an email that it was received by the U on 6/9, and got an email that my CASPER test scores were received on 6/19 and I'd get further confirmation when my application is under review. Haven't gotten that yet, and it's stressing me out that my application is going to fall through the cracks somehow haha.

Guest wildalaska
1 minute ago, ericap said:

How long did it take everyone to get emails that their application is officially under review? I submitted CASPA 5/30, got an email that it was received by the U on 6/9, and got an email that my CASPER test scores were received on 6/19 and I'd get further confirmation when my application is under review. Haven't gotten that yet, and it's stressing me out that my application is going to fall through the cracks somehow haha.

I took my CASPer on May 7th, submitted my verified CASPA on May 11th, and received confirmation of both of them, PLUS that my application was now under review, all in the same email on May 28th.

On 6/30/2020 at 9:02 AM, ericap said:

I submitted CASPA on 06/07/2020 and it was received by Utah on 06/16/2020. I took my CASPer on 06/04/2020 and it was received on 06/20/2020, and I got an email today 7/1/2020 that my app is under review. So it took about 1 month from my CASPA submission date.

They are not rolling admissions, but I would contact them if you're still worried!

9 hours ago, osakanohime said:

Quick question. So the 1500 hr PCE has to be met by the deadline of August 1st or, by the time you submit the application? I have already submitted it, and according to it (I'm full time cna), I have 1497 hours lol. But of course by aug 1st I'll have 1775. What do you guys think? 

According to UPAP's website,

"We will project hours to the deadline for early applicants, and we do encourage applicants to apply early. "

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wildalaska
13 minutes ago, Christine616 said:

CASPA submitted: July 2nd 

CASPA verified: July 2nd

Confirmation from the school: July 6th but they said they are waiting on my CASPer score which I took on June 28th. Does CASPer let you know if they submitted your scores to the schools you picked because honestly it is super nerve wracking not knowing. 

CASPer won't tell you anything. If you log back in to your account, it'll say "Scores - delivered" once they are sent. Mine took about 2 weeks, I took it on May 7th.

Hi! So, I cannot get ahold of the admissions office, but has anyone NOT listed every single chemistry course ever taken and just listed 2 courses, instead, on CASPA? I've seen comments that state people listing every single chem course, is this really what's being requested? Sorry, I'm just really confused as I have not seen this requirement with other schools lol Thank you!

*Also, would I be required to list a chem course that I withdrew from and later took for a letter grade? What about retaking a course at a different institution, do I include both courses?