Touro Nevada 2019/20 Applicants

On 11/8/2019 at 7:25 PM, juliagulia07 said:

I also got my acceptance email today! I interviewed on 10/31. I'm so excited, I'm already planning on moving down early since I can transfer through my job down to Las Vegas

On 11/7/2019 at 5:58 PM, a1023 said:

Anyone from the mid-late October group heard yet? I feel like we should hear back any day now!

Edit as of 11/8, just got my acceptance from the 10/17 interview! It came as an email rather than a call which threw me off but I’m so 

See you both at the orientation event in May. 😊 I also received my acceptance email yesterday, super excited to be a part of this cohort of future PAs!

(P.S. I meant the family day, which I think is in May, not the actual orientation. I could be totally off.)

Edited by SaraM57
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been excepted from the wait-list? I haven't seen anything posted recently and I haven't heard anything from Touro since being wait-listed in November. I'm just curious, especially since so many others have optimistically pointed out the class size and how many people they typically pull from the list. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, aap423 said:

I received an email from Touro with information about their MSH program. I was not invited for an interview this cycle, and although I’m waiting on one post-interview response, I was curious if anyone has any information about Touro’s MSH program, and whether it would be worth looking into should I not be accepted anywhere this cycle. They say the MSH program would increase your chances at PA school, any thoughts?

I believe that those that attend the program are guaranteed an interview spot after completion of the program.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, flowerlifter said:

Hi guys, I interviewed back in September and was placed on the waitlist. Yesterday, I received an email stating the committee decided not to extend an invitation for admission and that my application is now closed. I know the application process is complex/competitive, but I wasn't expecting to get a rejection from the waitlist this early 😞 . Is the class super full? 

I might just be in shock bc TUN was my top choice lol... but has anyone else received a rejection from the waitlist? 

You're not alone. I also got the rejection too after being waitlisted and was shocked as well. 

Edited by anaira18

Does anyone have information on how students at Touro usually get in contact about housing or potential roommate  opportunities? I called the admissions office and they said that housing and apartment venders come to accepted student day in March and students can meet each other then. I didn’t know if there was some kind of page or forum that I did not know about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lewismads94 said:

In the acceptance email, they said to check our touro email for info. Has anyone gotten anything to their touro email yet? Or know when accepted students day is?

I've been checking my touro email often and haven't gotten anything yet. Also it looks like there is an acceptance day scheduled on May 1st on the student events calendar but I haven't been able to find any more info about it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Smartbutt said:

I’m still on the waitlist and was curious if there has been anyone accepted recently? I’m happy to still be on the list, but worried that I won’t get off it. Especially since I’m not sure if anyone is rejecting a seat or if the class is completely full. 

Don’t lose hope! I recently got off the waitlist so there is definitely movement! 

On 1/13/2020 at 5:06 PM, Smartbutt said:

I’m still on the waitlist and was curious if there has been anyone accepted recently? I’m happy to still be on the list, but worried that I won’t get off it. Especially since I’m not sure if anyone is rejecting a seat or if the class is completely full. 

Hey im still on the waitlist too! ive considered emailing them asking them if there is any movement because they are my top choice. Has anyone done that?

1 hour ago, bitonorly said:

Hey im still on the waitlist too! ive considered emailing them asking them if there is any movement because they are my top choice. Has anyone done that?

I have not emailed or called, but I have been wanting to reach out as well. I'm hoping that since were both on the waitlist, then we still have a chance to get accepted!

5 hours ago, Smartbutt said:

I have not emailed or called, but I have been wanting to reach out as well. I'm hoping that since were both on the waitlist, then we still have a chance to get accepted!

Same here! I wish the process was a bit more transparent for all of our sakes like other programs that send out periodic emails updating people on their respective spots. Would it in any way hurt to reach out and contact the admissions office?