Touro Nevada 2019/20 Applicants

51 minutes ago, kknn17 said:

Just got waitlisted. Interviewed 08/29. 

Does anyone know if they reject anyone after interviews or do they mostly accept/waitlist people? I’m trying to gauge to see if me getting waitlisted this early was a gentle form of rejection because I thought that they would compile the waitlist once they have interviewed everyone. 

Well, I got a full rejection today 🤷‍♀️ So I don’t think so. Congrats on your waitlist! 👍👍

I was also under the impression they weren’t making decisions until November, but I guess I’d rather get a rejection now than have to wait for it. Good luck, everyone!

1 hour ago, kknn17 said:

Does anyone know if they reject anyone after interviews or do they mostly accept/waitlist people? I’m trying to gauge to see if me getting waitlisted this early was a gentle form of rejection because I thought that they would compile the waitlist once they have interviewed everyone. 

I got waitlisted too 

1 hour ago, whaaat said:

Well, I got a full rejection today 🤷‍♀️ So I don’t think so. Congrats on your waitlist! 👍👍

I was also under the impression they weren’t making decisions until November, but I guess I’d rather get a rejection now than have to wait for it. Good luck, everyone!

Aww, I’m sorry to hear that you got rejected. I’m sure you’ll get accepted into another amazing program though! 👍

and I totally agree, I would rather be informed sooner rather than later! 

On 9/24/2019 at 3:09 PM, kknn17 said:

In talking to some of the students who were accepted last year, many I talked to got accepted from the waitlist so don’t lose hope! There are 80 spots and that’s quite a lot.. also keep in mind this is one of the earlier schools and I’m sure some people will be forfeiting their spot if their first choice accepts them in the future. Don’t lose hope! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, suhwoh said:

In talking to some of the students who were accepted last year, many I talked to got accepted from the waitlist so don’t lose hope! There are 80 spots and that’s quite a lot.. also keep in mind this is one of the earlier schools and I’m sure some people will be forfeiting their spot if their first choice accepts them in the future. Don’t lose hope! 

Thank you for the words of encouragement! I will definitely remain hopeful! 👍

On 9/10/2019 at 9:00 AM, paPassion7 said:

My application was submitted on June 17 and I still haven't heard anything 😞 I emailed the school asking for a status update a little over two weeks ago and still haven't heard back. Is anyone else in the same boat? I know it's still better than a rejection, but the silence is also torture. I feel like my application is lost or forgotten about

I submitted in early July and haven't heard anything past the confirmation! So I'm in the same boat as you, hoping my application didn't slip through the cracks 😔

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SheriSAN said:

Anybody in the same boat at me? I’m getting a little nervous and starting to think the long wait may be just a delayed rejection. Submitted June 21st, verified June 27th, submitted my supplemental July 3rd and haven't heard anything since. Thoughts? 

In the very same boat as you! I did call the other day because I was getting super antsy and they said my application was still under review.

On 10/5/2019 at 3:16 PM, SheriSAN said:

Anybody in the same boat at me? I’m getting a little nervous and starting to think the long wait may be just a delayed rejection. Submitted June 21st, verified June 27th, submitted my supplemental July 3rd and haven't heard anything since. Thoughts? 

On 10/5/2019 at 4:15 PM, hopefulpa9485 said:

In the very same boat as you! I did call the other day because I was getting super antsy and they said my application was still under review.

Here’s my timeline for reference: I submitted my CASPA application on July 16, submitted the supplemental on August 4, received interview invitation on August 26, and interviewed September 26. 

I believe they’re doing interviews from August through October (unless you’re in their MHS program), and I was told they have about 10 interview sessions and roughly 200 candidates total.

There’s still a chance you could be invited to interview 🙂 

Wishing you the best of luck! 

Edited by biancak