Touro Nevada 2019/20 Applicants

4 hours ago, perusepaforum said:

cGPA: 3.49

sGPA: 3.29

GRE: 325 (160 Verbal, 165 Quantitative), 4.5 Analytic

PCE: 2700 hours

Shadowing: 6 hours

Volunteering: 360 hours

My stats are pretty close to yours so hopefully I'll get an invite soon too! 🙂 Thanks for sharing!

Guest jon1228
On 6/30/2019 at 1:03 PM, KThames said:

Does anyone who has received an invite to interview want to share their stats? Pretty please? 🙏

PCE: a little under 1,000hr EMT

HCE: ~10,000hr in various roles of medical devices

Research: ~5,000hr

Volunteer: ~200hr

Overall sGPA: 3.51

Major: B.S. in Chemistry

GRE: 319, Writing 4.5

My resume is out of the ordinary, but hopefully it goes to show that Touro takes a variety of experiences into account! 🙂 I hope you hear some news soon!!

Edited by jon1228

Guest jon1228
2 hours ago, AndrewPowell said:

How long did people have to wait before receiving an email for the supplemental app? Verified on July 2nd and haven’t gotten an email from them. Don’t know if the holiday has anything to do with it or not 

My supplemental came 1-2 days after I was verified. I’m sure it has to do with the holiday!

I will be interviewing on August 22nd. For anyone who has been offered an interview, I'm sure you've received the email with an attachment about how the interview day agenda. At the bottom it says "Selection Process." Does this mean that we will find out if we are accepted the day of the interview? I know some other universities will let you know the day of but I haven't heard anything about Touro. If anybody has any information on the matter please let me know. Thanks!

On 6/30/2019 at 3:03 PM, KThames said:

Does anyone who has received an invite to interview want to share their stats? Pretty please? 🙏

cGPA: 3.19

sGPA: 3.00

GRE: 314 & 4.5 writing

PCE: 1,500 hours

Sharing my stats because they are far from the 3.8+ GPAs you always hear of in these types of forums. You could say I was taken off guard when I got my interview invitation! Hopefully this brings reassurance to others out there that some PA schools look at more than just grades and are looking for overall well-rounded candidates. Best of luck to everyone out there!

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2019 at 4:39 PM, chrissy88 said:

cGPA: 3.19

sGPA: 3.00

GRE: 314 & 4.5 writing

PCE: 1,500 hours

Sharing my stats because they are far from the 3.8+ GPAs you always hear of in these types of forums. You could say I was taken off guard when I got my interview invitation! Hopefully this brings reassurance to others out there that some PA schools look at more than just grades and are looking for overall well-rounded candidates. Best of luck to everyone out there!

Thanks for posting this and congrats! I have similar GPAs so it's super encouraging! 

Would you mind sharing when you submitted your app please? I assume they also sent you a supplemental application? 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 9:53 PM, khphammm said:

Thanks for posting this and congrats! I have similar GPAs so it's super encouraging! 

Would you mind sharing when you submitted your app please? I assume they also sent you a supplemental application? 

Thank you! I wouldn't lose hope at all, it is still super early for programs to be sending out interview invitations!

I was CASPA verified on 5/24, received the supplemental on 5/30, and submitted it 5/31.

11 hours ago, jennifertram said:

Does anyone know if the recommendations on the supplementary application have to be filled out again if it was already submitted through CASPA? If so, would the recommenders have to fill out an evaluation again?

No they do not! All you need are the evaluations in your CASPA application.

Hey guys! I need some advice. I applied and got vent supplemental verified on May 23rd and have not yet received any word on the status of my application. I emailed admissions requesting my status a week ago, but also have not heard back. Should I give the program a call or should I wait for a response via email. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

I just received an email stating I did not complete the required core science requirements. Does anyone remember if there was a spot on CASPA to match the inorganic chemistry credits? When looking back at my application, there was only a spot to organic chemistry. Unless I was supposed to put all chemistry credits in that spot....

On 8/14/2019 at 5:34 AM, jaderiv said:

For the supplemental application, what did people put when it asked for “type of activity”? Under the volunteer section I’m not sure what any of my activities would be, other than “volunteer”. Did anyone put something different?

I just put "mentor" or "usher". 

• Like 1