Touro Nevada 2019/20 Applicants

On 2/6/2020 at 8:48 AM, Fillipin0 said:

Anyone going to Acceptance Day (April 3, 2020)? Just got an email about it this week. I will be flying in from Texas!

So what's the deal with this? I haven't received any emails about or seen anything in the messages sent to me? Is it a big deal or something not to worry about? Just wondering if I should ask...

On 2/14/2020 at 6:49 AM, Pancho95 said:

So what's the deal with this? I haven't received any emails about or seen anything in the messages sent to me? Is it a big deal or something not to worry about? Just wondering if I should ask...

Are you waitlisted or have you been accepted already? If you’re accepted I would double check your Touro email along with spam folder. If there’s nothing there you might want to contact the school.

4 hours ago, shiboleth said:

Are you waitlisted or have you been accepted already? If you’re accepted I would double check your Touro email along with spam folder. If there’s nothing there you might want to contact the school.

I was accepted about 2 weeks ago, but neither email had any information. I'll call the school tomorrow and find out!

On 2/14/2020 at 10:05 PM, chrissy88 said:

Since I can’t find anything on their website, does anyone know if students have to find and set up their own rotation sites or if the school does it for the students? 

From the interview, it seemed like they set them up for us. What I got from it was that we can do rotations anywhere and they want to help us get there, so if we say we want to do one in Oregon, they will see what rotations they can set us up in in Oregon. 

• Like 1

I just received my acceptance email!! I'm SO excited to be part of this class! As far as housing goes, I noticed new student orientation is the end of June through the first week of July. I'm just confused what to do now because I will be moving from out of state and I'm assuming most leases start the 1st of the month, so it seems like very inconvenient timing. Has anyone else had the same thought or have any idea what they're doing about moving there?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, chrissy88 said:

I just received my acceptance email!! I'm SO excited to be part of this class! As far as housing goes, I noticed new student orientation is the end of June through the first week of July. I'm just confused what to do now because I will be moving from out of state and I'm assuming most leases start the 1st of the month, so it seems like very inconvenient timing. Has anyone else had the same thought or have any idea what they're doing about moving there?

I plan on moving from Texas in May / June, so I can spend a couple of weeks getting adapted to Henderson before school starts.

Congrats on your acceptance!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chrissy88 said:

Did you find anything out? I want to go and I'll be flying in from out of state so I would like to start looking at tickets!

Yeah, they sent out an email after I asked and it basically says that acceptance day is about finding housing and touring the campus with family. I don't know why else this is being held since they have a mandatory orientation at the end of June anyways...

On 2/25/2020 at 11:35 AM, Smartbutt said:

I'm still on the waitlist and have not heard anything back yet. Did anyone get their acceptance or rejection through their spam folder? I'm concerned I may have gotten an email earlier, but my spam automatically deleted it after 30 days. Please let me know, I'm getting very anxious and losing hope. 

I was also on the waitlist but got an acceptance email in mid February! You can check with admissions and it's better to check sooner than later since there's a deadline for the deposit. Good luck!

On 2/25/2020 at 11:35 AM, Smartbutt said:

I'm still on the waitlist and have not heard anything back yet. Did anyone get their acceptance or rejection through their spam folder? I'm concerned I may have gotten an email earlier, but my spam automatically deleted it after 30 days. Please let me know, I'm getting very anxious and losing hope. 

I was on the waitlist, but received an acceptance email in my regular inbox (not spam) February 20th