2018-2019 Application cycle

Guest isiddik

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Packman PA said:

I also received my rejection letter but not giving up hope...My brother who is an amazing MD did not get into medical school till his 3rd try and know of others who did not get into a PA program till their 3rd try as well....Don't give up guys....best of luck to all of us

you are absolutely right! that's the outlook we've got to keep even on the tough days. ?

41 minutes ago, applicant24 said:

hearing people got rejections already makes me not want to submit my supplemental application anymore ? I know I'm late (I missed the august 15 deadline) But figured to finish it anyway. is it  worth it or no...?

Do you actually want to go to Duke? If you do, people getting rejected shouldn't stop you from submitting. All schools reject people. If you don't, don't waste the money!

48 minutes ago, applicant24 said:

hearing people got rejections already makes me not want to submit my supplemental application anymore ? I know I'm late (I missed the august 15 deadline) But figured to finish it anyway. is it  worth it or no...?

Yes! You already put the work in, might as well finish strong! Dont give up! You definitely still have a shot ?

I’m sorry to hear people are getting rejected.. I have a feeling I will as well. I’ve come to the conclusion that even if you don’t attend Duke, it doesn’t mean you can’t be an amazing PA some day! Even if you don’t get in this year, it does not mean you can’t be an incredible physician assistant in the future. 

Best of luck to all the applicants this cycle! ?

Hi Everyone!

Happy monday ? I was wondering if anyone can offer some interview tips. Knowing tha Duke has 2 one-on-one interviews, would you assume that the people interviewing you have read your application and supplemental or not? Should I say something that is not in my applications or would it be best restating some stuff? Sorry if the question sounds silly! 

33 minutes ago, AAKO3 said:

Hi Everyone!

Happy monday ? I was wondering if anyone can offer some interview tips. Knowing tha Duke has 2 one-on-one interviews, would you assume that the people interviewing you have read your application and supplemental or not? Should I say something that is not in my applications or would it be best restating some stuff? Sorry if the question sounds silly! 

Not silly at all. The interviewers will have read your application, but it is perfectly fine to reiterate and expand upon things you talked about in your application! They will often ask questions that lead you to do that anyway. 

29 minutes ago, PAyyyyy said:

Not silly at all. The interviewers will have read your application, but it is perfectly fine to reiterate and expand upon things you talked about in your application! They will often ask questions that lead you to do that anyway. 

Thank you so much! I am so nervous and excited at the same time ?

Also got a rejection email on Friday 9/21. I logged back on here to ask people about online science courses-I think one of the main reasons I got a rejection is my low science GPA-even though I am fluent in Spanish, do clinical research, and have a lot of patient contact I think they weeded me out for lower science scores.

Any suggestions here for a full time working professional looking to take misc classes online apart from core pre reqs (pathology, immunology, cell bio, cancer bio, ect)? Thanks so much for your help!  

Congratulations to those getting interviewed and those who got rejection, don't lose hope. This is part of the process. 

I'll be at the meet and greet on Oct 2nd. And if any of you are veteran let me know. We have arranged for at least one of us to be at the meet and greet to answer veteran related questions. 

See you guys here. Bring your a game but don't worry, it will be as relaxing setting as it can be. ?

Archived