2018-2019 Application cycle

Guest isiddik

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, brookietay10 said:

I still have not heard back from them whether interview or no interview (I applied late-CASPA verified on 08/14). Do you think it would hurt to call or are they still offering interviews?

I know that the waiting game is difficult, but I would not contact them.  

Duke has a very big class (90 students) and they interview a lot of applicants. I think at my interview that said they were interviewing something like 270 to 290 applicants this year. I would venture a guess that they received upwards of 3,000 applications this year given the increase in interviews offered. 

With all that being said, I doubt that the class is even half full. It is early in the cycle and there are still many interview sessions to come. Try to stay positive. 

19 hours ago, hmtpnw said:

I received my acceptance email the same morning that she received her rejection. Seems like she may have even heard back a few hours before me. 

I actually got my rejection email at the same time as you girl! Your message prompted me to check my email. So I think they send each interview session's decisions all together, regardless of result.

1 hour ago, azpamkay said:

I actually got my rejection email at the same time as you girl! Your message prompted me to check my email. So I think they send each interview session's decisions all together, regardless of result.

Not sure about that. Im seeing people here who interviewed the same day as me or the day after receive either acceptance or waitlist notifications and i still havent heard anything. Not sure what their process is. 

3 hours ago, diggy18 said:

@azpamkay I’m sorry about the news you recieved ? I hope you get better news in the future. 

Thanks, no worries! It wasn't my best interview by any means as I really think I let my nerves get the best of me. It's a good learning experience for sure! This cycle's not over for me yet and I'm waiting on news from a few places so I'm still feeling optimistic :)

5 hours ago, NCCathLab said:

Not sure about that. Im seeing people here who interviewed the same day as me or the day after receive either acceptance or waitlist notifications and i still havent heard anything. Not sure what their process is. 

Make sure you check your spam mail. My email from Duke was in the spam. I interviewed on 10/15 and received an email that I am wait-listed on 10/22. The waiting game continues! 

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:13 AM, Cels1995 said:

I just got accepted off of the waitlist!!!!!! I cannot believe this right now!!!

Hello, I interviewed on 10/15 and was placed on the wait-list yesterday 10/22. If you don't mind, can you please share how long you were on the waitlist? 

29 minutes ago, Idamin said:

Make sure you check your spam mail. My email from Duke was in the spam. I interviewed on 10/15 and received an email that I am wait-listed on 10/22. The waiting game continues! 

Did that. I also interviewed on 10/15.  I did get an email on the 17th about a post-interview survey, but that was the last communication I received from them. 

WHAT DOES IT MEAN!?!?!

17 minutes ago, NCCathLab said:

Did that. I also interviewed on 10/15.  I did get an email on the 17th about a post-interview survey, but that was the last communication I received from them. 

WHAT DOES IT MEAN!?!?!

I am in the same boat and constantly in a state of freaking out. I looked at last year’s thread and it seems someone found out later than other people did

12 hours ago, Idamin said:

Hello, I interviewed on 10/15 and was placed on the wait-list yesterday 10/22. If you don't mind, can you please share how long you were on the waitlist? 

I interviewed October 2nd, got waitlisted on October 11th, and got accepted October 18th. So i was waitlisted for exactly 1 week.

Archived