2018-2019 Application cycle

Guest isiddik

Guest isiddik

Starting a new thread for the next round of application. Hello to everyone who's applying! Planning on submitting mine in by end of month. Eep!

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Piperpottamus said:

Hey everyone! I’m currently on the waitlist from last cycle and I submitted again! 

I am currently on the waitlist for a different program from the last cycle. Did you change your personal statement a lot? Or any thing in the supplemental applications??

On 5/23/2018 at 8:07 PM, allthingspa said:

I submitted 5/6 and was verified 5/7. Duke is my top choice but it’s quite the stretch! 

Good luck this cycle everyone! 

Good luck to you, as well! It seemed like a long shot last cycle, but I made it to the waitlist! They have a very refreshing and cool approach to how they consider candidates, in my opinion. (This isn’t any kind of revelation- they just seem to have a really wholistic, individualized approach!) 

On 6/6/2018 at 11:10 PM, Piperpottamus said:

Good luck to you, as well! It seemed like a long shot last cycle, but I made it to the waitlist! They have a very refreshing and cool approach to how they consider candidates, in my opinion. (This isn’t any kind of revelation- they just seem to have a really wholistic, individualized approach!) 

Can you elaborate more on your experience applying and interviewing last year?

First time applicant this year! Nervous and excited to finally be submitting. 

CASPA verified 6/21! I wish I would have submitted sooner, but I only had one transcript pending, so I figured I would wait until my last one was received so my application was entirely complete! I am also waiting for supplemental app. It would be amazing to attend Duke’s program!! Best of luck and look forward to hearing more from all of you!

hmtpnw, I applied last year and remember that there was an advantage to having your application in early (by Aug I believe) as they would look at those applications first and usually hear something back faster.  I am a re applicant this year and hope to invited for an interview and accepted....

1 hour ago, Packman PA said:

hmtpnw, I applied last year and remember that there was an advantage to having your application in early (by Aug I believe) as they would look at those applications first and usually hear something back faster.  I am a re applicant this year and hope to invited for an interview and accepted....

Thanks so much for your insight! I saw on their website just now that they have an "early" deadline of August 1st. Seems that if you're submitted and verified by then that your application is considered early. 

i am waiting for my hours to pass the 2,000 mark before applying to be a bit more competitive, so I will be submitting in two weeks. 

Archived