2018-2019 Application cycle

Guest isiddik

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatgirlonabike

Did you all answer the positive/negative boxes about your healthcare experience for every single one of your jobs?  Do you think it's fine just to leave them all blank?

** Well I found out the answer.  It won't let me leave them blank.  Weird.......  I'm really not sure what they are looking for here.  

1 hour ago, thatgirlonabike said:

Did you all answer the positive/negative boxes about your healthcare experience for every single one of your jobs?  Do you think it's fine just to leave them all blank?

** Well I found out the answer.  It won't let me leave them blank.  Weird.......  I'm really not sure what they are looking for here.  

I would definitely answer. I think each of my responses were about a paragraph long.

I found it to be a good place to illustrate what functions of my job I enjoyed and which prepared me for the profession. I also touched on what was limiting about my experiences or what I felt was lacking. I discussed things like patient population, setting, scope, etc.

Guest thatgirlonabike
43 minutes ago, Cels1995 said:

What are we supposed to put for Explanation in the patient care experience tab, i'm a little confused.

I did leave that part blank and it let me save it.  

13 hours ago, Cels1995 said:

What are we supposed to put for Explanation in the patient care experience tab, i'm a little confused.

Some of my experience was PRN and I was only able to select Part-time when entering it in CASPA, so I put that in the explanation. For the full time experience I put if it was first or second shift.

Guest thatgirlonabike
3 hours ago, Cels1995 said:

What are you guy putting as the end date for current work and volunteer experiences?

It says to use Oct 1 as your end date for current jobs/experiences

On 7/18/2018 at 12:59 PM, Abc133 said:

I had the same exact problem, I didn't reach out to the program on how to fix it though. I just edited the title of the class to "Anatomy and Anatomy Lab" and deleted the lab component because it won't let you submit without a course credit and I didn't want to put a "1" for the lab course credit since my anatomy class was already 4 credits. Sorry if that was confusing, I just added both components under the same listing.

This also happened to me and I did reach out to them. They told me to leave the labs as zero credit courses and mark the lecture portion as your prerequisite.  The way you list your classes in the application should match your transcripts exactly. 

On 7/29/2018 at 2:00 PM, Lizli1 said:

Did everyone fill out the last optionional short answer question about concerns that have been passed by? I feel it's unnessary unless you have major blemishes in your application, but not sure that's what they're looking for?

I also felt that this was unnecessary. I ended up leaving it blank bc my only concern was already addressed in the part after grades that asked if I felt my grades accurately reflected my abilities. I felt like anything I wrote there would just be unneccessary fluff.

2 minutes ago, prePA21 said:

I also felt that this was unnecessary. I ended up leaving it blank bc my only concern was already addressed in the part after grades that asked if I felt my grades accurately reflected my abilities. I felt like anything I wrote there would just be unneccessary fluff.

The only thing I used that for was to tell them what I had done differently to improve myself since last cycle. (Tutoring students because a former professor reached out to me to do so,  a few more optional pre reqs, volunteer work). 

I am a re-applicant and on the wait list. I wanted to let them know I had been working to better myself in the meantime. 

Last year, I left it blank. ? 

1 hour ago, prePA21 said:

Yeah I ended up filling it out because I didn't want it to look like I thought I had no room for improvement, but my primary concerns were also addressed by the extra questions they asked. 

On 7/29/2018 at 2:00 PM, Lizli1 said:

Did everyone fill out the last optionional short answer question about concerns that have been passed by? I feel it's unnessary unless you have major blemishes in your application, but not sure that's what they're looking for?

This is a great section to explain yourself if you didn't have the opportunity to do so elsewhere. Its okay to leave it blank if you feel your concerns were already addressed. I think in general, its a good place to explain gaps in education/career, deviations in your grades, hardships, changes you've made in your application if youre reapplying, etc. 

Good luck!

Update I received from admissions committee: They send out supplemental applications to everyone. Check your spam/junk mail (Mine got lost here 2 years ago!!), they send out supplementals on average 2x a week to those CASPA verified (not just complete)

Piece of advice: I strongly encourage you all to look back at previous year threads. MANY of the questions you guys have are the same ones we had at one point too. Not much changes in the content of the application from year to year so check there first and help each other out to make your lives easier ?

Good luck to you all!!

36 minutes ago, Ella0106 said:

This is a great section to explain yourself if you didn't have the opportunity to do so elsewhere. Its okay to leave it blank if you feel your concerns were already addressed. I think in general, its a good place to explain gaps in education/career, deviations in your grades, hardships, changes you've made in your application if youre reapplying, etc. 

Good luck!

Thanks! I ended up using it to write about how I plan to improve weaker areas of my application over the next few months... didn't feel like I should leave it blank though now I noticed I had a typo in it unfortunately so probably would have been better off leaving it blank ?.

Guest thatgirlonabike
3 hours ago, JohnnyLAX9 said:

I was looking at last years thread and it looks like interview invites started going out around beginning of September so looks like we'll be waiting for a while! What is everybody doing in the mean time?

Haha.  I still have to write TWO more admissions essays for other schools.  My friend with a PhD in English is about to defriend me after I've asked her to grammar nazi all of my essays.  

Hey!! I'm not sure about this, but are we supposed to send in patient contact hour updates while we're waiting to hear back? I'm still working full time as a medical scribe but I'm not sure giving total hour updates will even necessarily make a difference in the long run. Good luck to everyone! ? 

Archived