2018-2019 Application cycle

Guest isiddik

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, thatgirlonabike said:

Wow!  I got a call today to interview on Monday Oct 15th.   They said they were going to offer me a spot for Nov 13 but they had a cancellation so I got called because I'm a "local."  I am so excited.  Also I think this means they will be sending out a new round of invites this week.  (Just a guess).  

I got the exact same call on Monday! I'm curious who turns down an interview opportunity at Duke even if it wouldn't necessarily be your first choice. 

Guest thatgirlonabike
56 minutes ago, NCCathLab said:

I got the exact same call on Monday! I'm curious who turns down an interview opportunity at Duke even if it wouldn't necessarily be your first choice. 

Congrats!  I thought the same thing.  So you will be there Monday?

33 minutes ago, LiveLovePA said:

Does anyone know what it means if they placed my application on hold? I have not heard about an interview or a rejection, they said they just did not make a decision one way or another yet after reviewing it. I was just wondering if anyone knew the timeline for that? Thank you! 

Did you call to check on your status?

33 minutes ago, LiveLovePA said:

Does anyone know what it means if they placed my application on hold? I have not heard about an interview or a rejection, they said they just did not make a decision one way or another yet after reviewing it. I was just wondering if anyone knew the timeline for that? Thank you! 

Did you get an email about that, or did you have to call to find out?

1 hour ago, pacplease said:

Heartbroken. Received news of being placed on the waitlist. No more upcoming interviews so very disappointed. Congratulations to everyone else who got accepted!

Don’t be too hard on yourself. You’re obviously a very competitive and respectable applicant if you got an interview at duke. You’ll get there! I’m over here still praying they offer me and interview lol.

14 minutes ago, courtwilson said:

I wonder if that means you're basically on a waitlist for an interview? Makes me nervous, not sure I want to call and ask for an update about my status ? 

In my email when they confirmed my app was complete, they asked to refrain from calling unless no news until January, due to the large application volume! So I’ve been hesitant about checking in about my status. But I can imagine a number of us are in a similar position waiting! Still good luck to everyone!

Congratulations! @hmtpnw on your acceptance. 

@Durian123 all is not lost yet. Many of the current 1st years were initially waitlisted as well. So was I. Stay positive and keep improving yourself.

@pacplease keep your chins high. This is part of the process. I'm not sure if you interviewed or not. If you did same advice as above. If not, then then remember the cycle is not over yet. I don't know if you have other schools to hear from, many send their invitations in November. 

Hi guys! If you got waitlisted, look at that as a positive!!! Last year people who were waitlisted early on in the interview cycle got pulled off the waitlist before the interview cycle concluded. Don't lose hope! Duke pulls from the waitlist in a differnt way in that they don't necessarily wait until all interviews are over. Last year, some got off the waitlist only weeks after being put on it! Good luck! 

I think the issue for some, speaking for myself here, is the timeline.  If you've been accepted to a program that starts in January, but don't get an interview invitation until after the tuition is already due for the other program...you're a bit up the creek without much of a paddle.  

Archived