2018-2019 Application cycle

Guest isiddik

I received my acceptance email yesterday, as well! What a journey it has been. 

Last year, I interviewed at the end of the cycle, and was waitlisted. I do know how many of you feel! To those of you who are discouraged and don’t have other interviews lined up- it’s natural to feel that way. But don’t let what you can’t control at this point consume you. Trust me- if you allow it to, it makes for a long several months. 

Like a previous poster mentioned- don’t be too daunted by the idea of the wait list. Last year, Duke offered applicants on the wait list seats all throughout the interview process. After all interviews were concluded last year, there was  one big waitlist...but so offers were extended to those waitlisted, before that point! 

If this is your passion- don’t give up on yourselves or your journey! 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, moleashish said:

Congratulations! @hmtpnw on your acceptance. 

@Durian123 all is not lost yet. Many of the current 1st years were initially waitlisted as well. So was I. Stay positive and keep improving yourself.

@pacplease keep your chins high. This is part of the process. I'm not sure if you interviewed or not. If you did same advice as above. If not, then then remember the cycle is not over yet. I don't know if you have other schools to hear from, many send their invitations in November. 

Thank you !  Would you mind sharing your own timeline of waitlist vs acceptance ?

19 hours ago, pacplease said:

Thank you !  Would you mind sharing your own timeline of waitlist vs acceptance ?

One week after the interview I received the email about being on the waitlist. One week after being put on the waitlist I received the acceptance email. 

For some the waiting period from waitlist to acceptance was longer. 

• Like 1

On October 13, 2018 at 10:25 AM, dani021 said:

To those of you who have received acceptances - congrats!  How long did it take until after the interview to hear back?  I'm interviewing Tuesday and just curious as to how long I will have to sit in anxiety to know the decision ? 

I interviewed 10/2 and was accepted 10/11. Good luck tomorrow! You got this!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

To those who interviewed on 10/15, it was great meeting all of you! It was the most informative and laid-back interview for me, partly  because the faculty and staff were really warm and welcoming, and partly because each and every person at the interview was amazingly qualified and unique! I loved getting to know everyone, good luck to all! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmelville said:

When did you receive the "in review" e-mail?

CASPA verified 7/30/2018.

Notification of GRE scores being received by Duke on 8/2/2018.

Notification of all CASPA materials, supplemental application, and GRE scores having been received on 8/14/2018.

Rejection without interview received on 9/21/2018.

CASPA verified 7/30/2018.
Notification of GRE scores being received by Duke on 8/2/2018.
Notification of all CASPA materials, supplemental application, and GRE scores having been received on 8/14/2018.
Rejection without interview received on 9/21/2018.
Thank you! Best of luck with your other schools! :)

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, allthingspa said:

Still haven’t heard anything yet. I’m going to assume that I’m on some type of interview hold/waitlist since I submitted super early and still haven’t heard anything! 

Hopefully some good news soon! ??

Also in the same boat as ya'll!! I looked through last years thread and people still were getting interviews up until January so for now I think no news should be good news ? Best of luck to everyone!