2018-2019 Application cycle

Guest isiddik

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, SeanC17 said:

Stats for those who have received invites?

cGPA 3.9, sGPA 3.97, significant upper level science coursework (neuroscience major), multiple academic scholarships and awards including neuroscience student of the year, etc.

GRE 318 (160 V, 158 Q, 4.5 AWA)

1,300 hours scribing in the ER, 400 hours as a physical therapy aide, 350 hours as a rehabilitation assistant at a neurology clinic 

100 + hours of neuro auditory research

10 hours of shadowing an ER PA

Minimal volunteering that’s probably not worth mentioning

First generation college student

Just curious - who here is a a first time applicant and who here is a reapplicant? Any first time applicants fresh out of college? I read on Duke's website that less than 5 percent of those accepted are college seniors, mainly due to lack of patient care experience. Makes me a bit nervous as I am in that boat - I just earned my degree this August and only have about 1100 PCE hours. Hoping the other areas of my application make up for it. Anyways, congrats to everyone who received interview invites and best of luck to those who are still waiting like me! 

35 minutes ago, bussine3 said:

Just curious - who here is a a first time applicant and who here is a reapplicant? Any first time applicants fresh out of college? I read on Duke's website that less than 5 percent of those accepted are college seniors, mainly due to lack of patient care experience. Makes me a bit nervous as I am in that boat - I just earned my degree this August and only have about 1100 PCE hours. Hoping the other areas of my application make up for it. Anyways, congrats to everyone who received interview invites and best of luck to those who are still waiting like me! 

I'm a first-time applicant.

44 minutes ago, bussine3 said:

I’m a first time applicant, graduated Winter 2017. Although I am in my mid 20s as I got a late start with my degree, I didn’t head to college straight from high school.

I still did obtain almost all of my clinical experience while in school and my background prior to starting college was not in healthcare. 

1 hour ago, bussine3 said:

I’m a first time applicant, older also I graduated 2010 and have over 10,000 hours PCE. 

31 minutes ago, sweetcaroline said:

I'm a first-time applicant to Duke, but a second-time applicant to PA school in general. I graduated in 2014 and have been working to gain HCE ever since. Fingers crossed!! Congratulations to those who have been granted an interview! 

I am a second-time applicant to PA school this year as well and a re applicant to Duke.  I can say first hand that Duke was great when they spoke to me about my application last cycle and what areas I needed to improve on to better my chances.  Hope I get an interview and accepted this year and hope everyone else does as well.

18 hours ago, bussine3 said:

I am a first-time applicant but I graduated in 2014 and have worked in healthcare (clinical research) full-time since. 

Guest thatgirlonabike
19 hours ago, bussine3 said:

I'm a first time applicant.  I graduated with a bachelors in 2002 and have 14,000+ hours in EMS with the last 10,000 as a paramedic and shitty grades.  We will see where it gets me!

Archived