University of Tampa PA Program

13 minutes ago, futurepackc said:

It says its $100 and we don't even know if the program will be accredited. Anyone else feel slightly weird about this?

Yes, I just got the email, and I feel weird about it. The program doesn't start until fall 2019, and it doesn't even have provisional accreditation yet. $100+ is a lot of money in that case. 

I went to the website and went to the order submit page, and it says I need a code, yet the school hasn't provided their code, so all I can do is wait anyway.

Received it as well. Tbh, the required background check/drug test is morally wrong and should be considered a crime. Why are applicants required to give money and provide detailed personal information when we aren’t even guaranteed an interview? More importantly, they can’t even say with 100% certainty that they will be an accredited program come next year—because it’s contingent upon their review. So, why should applicants have to spend money for something of that matter prior to their program review and a personal interview? not only seems pretty wrong IMO but also a cheap, sad way to take some money. Pity. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Received it as well. Tbh, the required background check/drug test is morally wrong and should be considered a crime. Why are applicants required to give money and provide detailed personal information when we aren’t even guaranteed an interview? More importantly, they can’t even say with 100% certainty that they will be an accredited program come next year—because it’s contingent upon their review. So, why should applicants have to spend money for something of that matter prior to their program review and a personal interview? not only seems pretty wrong IMO but also a cheap, sad way to take some money. Pity. 

I am going to try to call the program and see if we can wait until we know if we have an interview first before paying for the background check, that would make me feel more comfortable forking out $100+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Futurepa96 said:

Can you update with what they tell you?

I’m also emailing and telling them the reason I’m revoking my app is because they are requiring this before an interview or accredation and hoping they’ll push this back for you guys. Seems unfair to pay all this money and not even know if they’ll be a program next fall.

• Upvote 3

So, just called UT to ask about the email about the background check and drug screen and it’s mandatory for everyone applying.  I specifically asked if it can be done after my application has been reviewed and they said they an application is not considered final until they received the results. Pretty upsetting to have shell out $100 and not even be guaranteed an interview.

Edited by carlimar1017
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, carlimar1017 said:

So, just called UT to ask about the email about the background check and drug screen and it’s mandatory for everyone applying.  I specifically asked if it can be done after my application has been reviewed and they said they an application is not considered final until they received the results. Pretty upsetting to have shell out $100 and not even be guaranteed an interview.

Did they mention if they are going to send out an email themselves explaining this to everyone? They're probably getting so many phone calls!

1 hour ago, carlimar1017 said:

Absolutely disgusting but not surprising. There’s a reoccurring theme with many of these pa programs—money is the top priority to them.

Edited by Bat10

10 hours ago, WhitPA said:

I’ve used Castle Branch before and when I paid it merged everything together. I just want to confirm so I’m not doing extra things from my previous program - we have to sign the background check paper, do the drug screen, and do the fingerprints. Correct?

I remember using CastleBranch when I got an internship job for one of my undergrad classes and also remember having to make an appt. for fingerprints at UPS after paying for the background check, but the drug test wasn’t part of the package. We had to get drug tested separately on our own.

I’m a little confused on the drug testing part of the CastleBranch form. If anyone decides to go through with the CastleBranch background check/drug screen let me know, so I can get some clarification. I am disappointed that they require applicants to get a background check/drug screen so early in the process especially since we don’t know if we are even getting an interview. I don’t know if I should do it or not, but UT is the only FL school I’ve applied to and was hoping that there was a chance I could stay in FL since I am from here. The struggle is real. ?

Edited by PAschoollove
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CMPA2 said:

Did they mention if they are going to send out an email themselves explaining this to everyone? They're probably getting so many phone calls!

I didn’t ask if they were going to send any other emails but the second I began to ask I was cut off and given an explanation and then told that they had been receiving calls all morning.

13 minutes ago, PAschoollove said:

I remember I’ve used CastleBranch before when I got an internship job for one of my undergrad classes and also remember having to make an appt. for fingerprints at UPS after paying for the background check/fingerprint, but the drug test wasn’t part of the package. We had to get drug tested separately on our own.

I’m a little confused on the drug testing part of the CastleBranch form. If anyone decides to go through with the CastleBranch background check/drug screen/fingerprint let me know, so I can get some clarification. I am disappointed that they require applicants to get a background check/drug screen/fingerprints so early in the process especially since we don’t know if we are even getting an interview. I don’t know if I should do it or not, but UT is the only FL school I’ve applied to and was hoping that there was a chance I could stay in FL since I am from here. The struggle is real. ?

I email today as well. I just completed a Castlebranch process with South University in Tampa. I was offered an interview and asked to complete the background/drug test at the same time. I paid $159 but it was my top pick so I didn't mind doing this. It took a couple of weeks to complete and be fully processed. The drug test was completed at a local labcorps (form provided after you submit payment), and I was fingerprinted at the police station (fingerprint card mailed to me and then required to mail back). I don't know the reason why for the price different from South to UT. 

I think its pretty 50/50 whether your school is going to require it for admissions after you been accepted. It does however seem silly to make everyone do it when they are not going to be interviewing everyone. 

1 hour ago, WhitPA said:

I’ve used Castle Branch before and when I paid it merged everything together. I just want to confirm so I’m not doing extra things from my previous program - we have to sign the background check paper, do the drug screen, and do the fingerprints. Correct?

From my understanding each package is its own separate transaction. You cannot mix and match even though you may have completed the same action. For example, the link I received did not give me the option to not pay for the items I have just completed 2 wks ago through South University.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What I particularly don'y understand is how someone on this thread said their co workers husband already got an invite a couple weeks ago, which means he clearly hasn't done any of this so far since it was just sent out- therefore it seems like a way for them just to get easy money and very unfair to applicants

8 minutes ago, CMPA2 said:

What I particularly don'y understand is how someone on this thread said their co workers husband already got an invite a couple weeks ago, which means he clearly hasn't done any of this so far since it was just sent out- therefore it seems like a way for them just to get easy money and very unfair to applicants

he must know someone....

9 minutes ago, CHACHEE said:

I email today as well. I just completed a Castlebranch process with South University in Tampa. I was offered an interview and asked to complete the background/drug test at the same time. I paid $159 but it was my top pick so I didn't mind doing this. It took a couple of weeks to complete and be fully processed. The drug test was completed at a local labcorps (form provided after you submit payment), and I was fingerprinted at the police station (fingerprint card mailed to me and then required to mail back). I don't know the reason why for the price different from South to UT. 

I think its pretty 50/50 whether your school is going to require it for admissions after you been accepted. It does however seem silly to make everyone do it when they are not going to be interviewing everyone. 

From my understanding each package is its own separate transaction. You cannot mix and match even though you may have completed the same action. For example, the link I received did not give me the option to not pay for the items I have just completed 2 wks ago through South University.  

Thank you, @CHACHEE!!! ? 

On 8/12/2018 at 11:22 AM, athleticgingerpta said:

Just sent my app to UT. First PA program application I've ever sent! So excited just to get to this point as it seemed unreachable to me three years ago when I began the journey to take the prereqs at the age of 30 while juggling a full time job as a physical therapist assistant. 

My stats:

cGPA 3.16 (not gonna move much since I have 197 credits total)

sGPA 3.44

BCP GPA 3.64

Post-baccaleurate 3.53

GRE 302 4.0 AW

8,440 hours PCE as a licensed PTA.

20 shadowing hours otho PA

I don't expect to even get an interview this year, but like I mentioned above, I am just happy to actually meet requirements to finally apply.

@athleticgingerpta Do you have any info on his stats or info the school might have given him?

33 minutes ago, WhitPA said:

Has anyone registered for the fingerprints yet? I went through all of the information and went to schedule my appointment but the only places coming up are in Florida... and I live in Louisiana. 

8 minutes ago, Hygiene2020 said:

Same for me so if you get clarification on the fingerprinting let me know. 

There should be two package options: in state and out of state.  This is what I have seen to be the case at other schools. Seems like the school has no idea what they are doing. 

53 minutes ago, CHACHEE said:

There should be two package options: in state and out of state.  This is what I have seen to be the case at other schools. Seems like the school has no idea what they are doing. 

I wasn't given that option. Do you remember where it was when you did see it and I could double check? For now I'm scheduled but hopefully they change it.

3 hours ago, PAschoollove said:

I remember using CastleBranch when I got an internship job for one of my undergrad classes and also remember having to make an appt. for fingerprints at UPS after paying for the background check/fingerprints, but the drug test wasn’t part of the package. We had to get drug tested separately on our own.

I’m a little confused on the drug testing part of the CastleBranch form. If anyone decides to go through with the CastleBranch background check/drug screen/fingerprints let me know, so I can get some clarification. I am disappointed that they require applicants to get a background check/drug screen/fingerprints so early in the process especially since we don’t know if we are even getting an interview. I don’t know if I should do it or not, but UT is the only FL school I’ve applied to and was hoping that there was a chance I could stay in FL since I am from here. The struggle is real. ?

Me too ! This is the only school in FL , right next to me ? so so disappointed ? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WhitPA said:

I wasn't given that option. Do you remember where it was when you did see it and I could double check? For now I'm scheduled but hopefully they change it.

There should be a search box when you go to schedule your appt. for fingerprints. The search box asks your city, state or zip, but if that doesn’t help I would try and contact them. ? 

31 minutes ago, PAschoollove said:

There should be a search box when you go to schedule your appt. for fingerprints. The search box asks your city, state or zip, but if that doesn’t help I would try and contact them. ? 

Ah yeah, I had tried that and it didn't pull up any other schools besides in Florida. Thanks though!

• Like 1