University of Tampa PA Program

Hi everyone.

I just got this letter from UT

September 6, 2018

Dear applicant,

Thank you for submitting your application to The University of Tampa’s Physician Assistant Medicine program.

Yesterday you received an email from Castle Branch requesting completion of a background check, finger printing, and a urine drug screening. At the time this email was sent, the PAM Department at UT had defined a completed application as one that included both the background check and finger printing. However, due to feedback from several students about this policy, the Graduate Admissions Office and the PAM Department have mutually agreed to waive this requirement in order for the application to be considered complete. Although these steps will be needed in order to be admitted into the program, students will now be considered for an interview based on all other factors within their completed application.

If you have already completed the necessary steps for the background check, finger prints, and the drug screen, consider yourself ahead of the process as these would be required for any physician assistant program that you apply for. If you have not completed this step, just know it will be required for all admitted students who are offered a seat in the program well before the August 2019 start date.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and hope our ability to be flexible for this requirement shows our dedication to servicing our future students. If you have any additional questions, you can contact the admissions department via email at pam@ut.edu.

We thank you for considering The University of Tampa and wish you the best of luck with your application!”

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PAschoollove said:

@WhitPA Did you ever get the drug test registration form that CastleBranch was supposed to send out after paying for the background check/Drug Screen? The order confirmation stated that we were supposed to get the drug test registration form 24 business hours after paying and I haven’t gotten it yet!

The form is on castle branch kind of how the finger print forms are. You have to expand that section to see it! I didn’t know we had to do it 24 hours after paying though, whoops!

2 hours ago, WhitPA said:

The form is on castle branch kind of how the finger print forms are. You have to expand that section to see it! I didn’t know we had to do it 24 hours after paying though, whoops!

Oh sorry no I didn’t mean you have 24 hours to do it. I meant that you have 24 hours until you receive the form. I tried clicking on the blue plus sign to see if it’s there but there’s no form, which is odd! Lol I will probably just contact them. Thanks though!

Edited by PAschoollove

23 minutes ago, PAschoollove said:

Oh sorry no I didn’t mean you have 24 hours to do it. I meant that you have 24 hours until you receive the form. I tried clicking on the blue plus sign to see if it’s there but there’s no form, which is odd! Lol I will probably just contact them. Thanks though!

Oh, ok good! That is weird. I'm not doing mine though unless I (hopefully) get an interview invite.

Edited by WhitPA
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RespiratoryGirl said:

During the information session today they said the interviews would be going out within the next two weeks. Acceptance offers will be sent out on November 16th.  Seat deposit is due December 7th.

Thank you! I read on UT’s website that their interview style is traditional and MMI? Is that correct?

Edited by PAschoollove