University of Tampa PA Program

Guest PAhopeful85
4 hours ago, CHACHEE said:

he must know someone....

I was given wrong information. His wife clarified to me that it was South university and not UT that gave him an interview. Sorry guys. 

I also got the email about drug and fingerprinting. I didn’t expect this until after an acceptance. What is the reasoning for paying a hundred bucks before we even get an interview? 

3 minutes ago, futurePAeryka said:

From my understanding you need to do it for your application to be complete so that they can review it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what my understanding is too , but I am still feel strange about this because they don’t  have accreditation yet and who knows if they are going to get it .... 

This is what my understanding is too , but I am still feel strange about this because they don’t  have accreditation yet and who knows if they are going to get it .... 

Yeah I am also hesitant. I’m not sure what I’m going to do yet. I guess I have some time since the deadline is later this month for the background check stuff.

So I know someone who works in admin at UT. I asked her about the CastleBranch email. She followed up today and sent me this: “Heather - I spoke with the Assistant Director of Grad Admissions this morning and she says that it is legit. They are going to send a follow up communication to clarify.”

Just wanted to share in case anyone was still skeptical, like I was. 

Best of luck to everyone. 

I am not going to continue with application process at UT , my feeling is they have no idea what they are doing and first year of school might be just as chaotic as all this admission process . I read a lot of stories when students invested  a lot of money and program didn’t get their accreditation. Hopfully this is not the case for UT, but I will wait and see .... 

18 hours ago, WhitPA said:

Has anyone registered for the fingerprints yet? I went through all of the information and went to schedule my appointment but the only places coming up are in Florida... and I live in Louisiana. 

I just called because I am in Illinois and was having this same problem. Castle Branch said they have to switch me to an out of state package in order for me to choose locations that are not in the state of Florida, but said that it could take up to a week to update my account.

3 hours ago, heather11 said:

So I know someone who works in admin at UT. I asked her about the CastleBranch email. She followed up today and sent me this: “Heather - I spoke with the Assistant Director of Grad Admissions this morning and she says that it is legit. They are going to send a follow up communication to clarify.”

Just wanted to share in case anyone was still skeptical, like I was. 

Best of luck to everyone. 

Hi Heather, that's good to know. I hope we get the follow up email soon so we know more info on what to do!

1 hour ago, Meredith said:

I just called because I am in Illinois and was having this same problem. Castle Branch said they have to switch me to an out of state package in order for me to choose locations that are not in the state of Florida, but said that it could take up to a week to update my account.

I'm having the same issue. I actually was going to call UT and see if it's something on their end but now it seems from what you're saying that CB can change this for us. But it is strange because usually there'll be two codes - one for in-state and one for out-of-state, so I'm thinking that maybe since it's UT's first time they weren't aware of this.

20 hours ago, WhitPA said:

Has anyone registered for the fingerprints yet? I went through all of the information and went to schedule my appointment but the only places coming up are in Florida... and I live in Louisiana. 

So with my last experience with CB, UT should have provided two different codes, one for in-state and one for out-of-state. The out of state option then gives a place where you put your address and they mail you fingerprint cards which you take to the police station/bmv/anywhere in your area to get your fingerprints (manually with ink) and then you send back the card in the mail to an indicated address for processing. I'm trying to contact UT to see if there is an out-of-state package we can do or if we just have to have CB switch the account to that.

So I just spoke with someone from UT and she said that we should've gotten an email saying we didn't have to do the background check unless you get an interview invitation. I told her I already spent $99 for this and I never got this email. And she said "I understand, but for now don't worry about doing the background check requirements until you get an interview invitation." ?

• Upvote 1

So I just spoke with someone from UT and she said that we should've gotten an email saying we didn't have to do the background check unless you get an interview invitation. I told her I already spent $99 for this and I never got this email. And she said "I understand, but for now don't worry about doing the background check requirements until you get an interview invitation." [emoji58]

I’m sorry you had to pay for that before knowing about the interview. I was planning on giving it a few days to see if they were going to email a clarification, so thank you for finding out for the rest of us.

Just now, futurePAeryka said:

I’m sorry you had to pay for that before knowing about the interview. I was planning on giving it a few days to see if they were going to email a clarification, so thank you for finding out for the rest of us.

They really need to send out an email to everyone... this is getting crazy

35 minutes ago, atjPA said:

So I just spoke with someone from UT and she said that we should've gotten an email saying we didn't have to do the background check unless you get an interview invitation. I told her I already spent $99 for this and I never got this email. And she said "I understand, but for now don't worry about doing the background check requirements until you get an interview invitation." ?

When I called earlier today they said the email would be sent out this afternoon, but I have not received an email either 

I just talked with UT. They told me that because of all the confusion from this, they decided to change and now the background check is not required until after interviews. So we are able to still get an interview without having done the background check. Also he didn't say when but the person I spoke with said they are supposed to send out an email with whats going on. I'm thinking that if I don't hear from them soon I'll probably just email the pam@ut email to get clarification. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dani7 said:

I just talked with UT. They told me that because of all the confusion from this, they decided to change and now the background check is not required until after interviews. So we are able to still get an interview without having done the background check. Also he didn't say when but the person I spoke with said they are supposed to send out an email with whats going on. I'm thinking that if I don't hear from them soon I'll probably just email the pam@ut email to get clarification. 

Super ! Thank you for this info. Sometimes waiting it out works wonders ? 

35 minutes ago, Dani7 said:

Really? I called yesterday and they told me they couldn’t change the process at all this year due to their current review. Mmm...