AT Still 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I applied 8/23 and submitted my supplemental about 3 days later.  I still have not received an interview acceptance or declination so I guess I should still have hope... especially since the deadline for apps is Nov 1.

I'm in the same boat as you! Praying for some good news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, jmtam said:

I'm so sorry! Please don't give up! Good luck to you!

Thanks. It's okay, I don't know that Phx would have been the best fit for my family. Definitely not losing hope, it's a long cycle and a lot could happen still!

16 hours ago, fmw808 said:

I'm interviewing on November 8 also and would love to meet up with others who are interviewing on that day! I'll probably land in Phoenix late at night on November 6 and will be available to meet up any time on November 7. 

Perfect! Eamaru16 and I are going to meet at Seksen Sushi around 6 in Chandler, AZ. We would love for you to join us. We both are interviewing on 11/8. Here is my personal email if you want email me, smileykylie@comcast.net.

Thanks, 

Kylie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Current PA-S1 and ambassador here. I was at the last interview session with some of you, I'm sure. If anyone has specific questions, feel free to DM me or any of the other current students posting on the forum. We would be happy to assist you!

Also, FYI - our school hosts a school tour every Friday at noon if anyone wants to come and check it out.

On 9/16/2017 at 7:27 PM, FuturePA2 said:

Hey all, 

Congratulations to those who have been accepted! I  have an interview on 11/8 and wanted to see if anyone else is scheduled to interview that day? I know it is another month in a half away but wanted to touch base with any other interviewees. 

Thanks, 

Kylie

I will be interviewing 11/8 as well and would love to meet up the day before if time allows!

On 9/26/2017 at 9:05 AM, FuturePA2 said:

Perfect! Eamaru16 and I are going to meet at Seksen Sushi around 6 in Chandler, AZ. We would love for you to join us. We both are interviewing on 11/8. Here is my personal email if you want email me, smileykylie@comcast.net.

Thanks, 

Kylie

Hey! I've read through the feed and see that there are a few of you also interviewing on 11/8. I'll being flying in the afternoon of 11/7 and would love to join you all.

Thanks!

On 9/26/2017 at 9:05 AM, FuturePA2 said:

Thanks, 

Kylie

1 hour ago, kp1027 said:

Hey! I've read through the feed and see that there are a few of you also interviewing on 11/8. I'll being flying in the afternoon of 11/7 and would love to join you all.

Thanks!

May I also join all of you?  (If my flight permits)

Hello,

To applicants who were accepted, I wanted to ask what type of community service hours and setting did you completed your hours in? I did not get accepted this year and the feedback was to get community service hours with the "under served communities". The application website only said community service hours and did not specify this detail. I will re-apply again next year and need to improve this aspect. If you can please share I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

16 hours ago, Aivlys89 said:

May I also join all of you?  (If my flight permits)

That would be awesome! My email is emilymaru16@gmail.com if you need to get in touch. My personal email is available to anyone who is going to interview November 8th, please include ATSU interview in the subject line so I know not to immediately delete. If you would like to join a small group of us we will be meeting at the Seksen Sushi around 6 in Chandler, AZ.

If you would like to join us, please email me and let me know. I will try to make sure we have a table big enough for all of us :)

Hello,
To applicants who were accepted, I wanted to ask what type of community service hours and setting did you completed your hours in? I did not get accepted this year and the feedback was to get community service hours with the "under served communities". The application website only said community service hours and did not specify this detail. I will re-apply again next year and need to improve this aspect. If you can please share I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

I did a couple mission trips in Mexico (not medical), some community outreach projects through my undergraduate university, volunteered through my church and volunteered at a free clinic downtown.

Best of luck!

I also volunteered at a nonprofit free clinic and I specified that my PCE was downtown which involved taking care of the underserved. We work with a lot of homeless, immigrants, and disabled patients at the hospital in which I work and my experience has inspired me to continue working with underserved populations because I feel that I can give back to my community by providing quality care to those who often do not receive the healthcare they need. Every city has their own clinics that are looking for healthcare workers so definitely try to get involved and at the same time I'm sure you will find inspiration! 

2 hours ago, idau85 said:

Hello,

You don't have to go overseas to work with underserved populations. You could find soup kitchens, womens battered shelters, free community clinics in your area and ask to volunteer with them. They are normally OVER joyed to have dedicated, repeat volunteers come out and help.

11 hours ago, idau85 said:

Hello,

When you say the feedback you had received, did you personally give the admission office a call or email someone?

On 10/9/2017 at 1:53 PM, kp1027 said:

Thanks!

Please join! We will be meeting at the Seksen Sushi around 6 in Chandler, AZ.  Any questions, please feel free to email me smileykylie@comcast.net

Thanks, 

Kylie

eamaru16  - I volunteered at a batter women shelter for 8 years. Which is why I am am not sure what defines a "under served" because I thought it was under served, but that was the feedback I received. Community service should be more towards the under served. I also worked with the immigrant population for over ten years.  Thank you for the list of ideas though. 

15 hours ago, molang said:

When you say the feedback you had received, did you personally give the admission office a call or email someone?

Yes, I received an email from a staff member. It said specifically that the community service hours has to be with the under served. The definition of this I am confused about, because I did my hours at a domestic women shelter where women and their kids are living. I also did a myriad of other community service projects working with immigrants, exchanges students (who are from third world countries and here on a scholarship), the elderly and the food shelter work. 

On 10/10/2017 at 7:33 AM, idau85 said:

Hello,

Hi! I've been volunteering at a number of free clinics for people without health insurance here in phx and Tucson! They're very easy to find online! You can usually get patient care hours as well! Message me if you have any questions! 

2 hours ago, idau85 said:

Yes, I received an email from a staff member. It said specifically that the community service hours has to be with the under served. The definition of this I am confused about, because I did my hours at a domestic women shelter where women and their kids are living. I also did a myriad of other community service projects working with immigrants, exchanges students (who are from third world countries and here on a scholarship), the elderly and the food shelter work. 

Thank you so much for clarifying! I didn't receive any feedback whatsoever after my rejection email. I definitely will contact admissions after a couple of months when things settle down and they're ""less"" busy to see if I could get ANY feedback incase I apply again next year !

Did you email them back wondering about how your community service didn't fall into the category of working with the underserved? Because just reading your explanation, you DEFINITELY fulfilled that requirement.

Archived