AT Still 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, colin.obrochta said:

To the other accepted applicants, we should make a FB group if there isn't already one. It would be great to get to know each other a little bit in these next few months leading up to the start of the program. 

Hey Colin! I was told at the interview Bonnie will make a facebook group with all of us accepted! Im guessing they're waiting until more people are accepted and accept their seat! I am excited to start meeting some classmates so hopefully its created soon!

13 minutes ago, Kaylee272 said:

Hey Colin! I was told at the interview Bonnie will make a facebook group with all of us accepted! Im guessing they're waiting until more people are accepted and accept their seat! I am excited to start meeting some classmates so hopefully its created soon!

Oh gotcha, that makes sense! I will wait for her to do so then.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:04 AM, EM-Born2BPA said:

Hello Fellow Applicants! This will be my third year applying. I am committed! While I am a sad it has not worked out yet, each year I have not been admitted, I have been presented with some incredible opportunities and possibly even once in a life time experiences. So, for those applying again, look a this time as opportunity to grow, learn, and prepare yourself to one day be the best possible physician assistant you could be. This is going to be a wonderful year. Lets all stay connected and encourage. 

Hi, I just wanted to say I admire how you are so persistent. I hope everything works out! Stay positive!

Hey everyone!

I interviewed on 08/30 and have not heard back yet. This was my first interview and I'm beating myself up about it. 
Anyway, for those who were offered acceptance already, how many weeks do they give you to confirm your seat?

They left me a voicemail with my acceptance so I called back to verbally accept. At our interview, I recall them saying they want an acceptance/decline within one week, but the deposit wasn't due until about 3 weeks later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, yang0866 said:

Hi Katie, nice to meet you. When you say the program wasn't a good fit for you, could uou elaborate? I just want to know more about yhe program from your prospective. Thanks so much! Good luck on your journey!

Hello! Nice to meet you as well. The program's clinical rotations are throughout the US and I am more of an Arizona girl and I made that clear during my interview. So, I definitely wanted to stay in Arizona and that wasn't really fitting with their mission. In addition, they are moving away from Cadaver lab and from what I understood from first year PA student, some portion of the anatomy class in the first year is self taught. They have good reasons to do so, since the skills there is not quite necessary when you are practicing in the underserved areas. I am more of a hands on learning type of person and I just think the program wasn't the best fit for me at this time! My end goal has always been here in Arizona!

25 minutes ago, pandabear.katie said:

Hello! Nice to meet you as well. The program's clinical rotations are throughout the US and I am more of an Arizona girl and I made that clear during my interview. So, I definitely wanted to stay in Arizona and that wasn't really fitting with their mission. In addition, they are moving away from Cadaver lab and from what I understood from first year PA student, some portion of the anatomy class in the first year is self taught. They have good reasons to do so, since the skills there is not quite necessary when you are practicing in the underserved areas. I am more of a hands on learning type of person and I just think the program wasn't the best fit for me at this time! My end goal has always been here in Arizona!

Hi Katie,

Thank you so much for sharing. The information you provided is very helpful to me in making a decision. Good luck to you on your journey!

Hi, I just wanted to say I admire how you are so persistent. I hope everything works out! Stay positive!

Congratulations on the positive outlook!! Keep it up!! I'm a current first year student in the program, and I was accepted on my third application cycle!! Persistence pays off!!!!

Hi everyone, I am a first year PA student at ATSU and will be one of the current students participating in the Q&A at the interview next Wednesday September 13th. Feel free to message me with any questions you may have.  I will see some of you next Wednesday. Good luck! 

Oh boy! I didn't know current students will be there! See you Wednesday!! [emoji51]

Hi everyone!
My name is Ben and I'll be attending the interview session on the 13th.  I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!! I would definitely be up for having dinner with any of the interviewees that would like to. Whomever is setting it up, feel free to message me.

Ben

Great! I will message you [emoji106]

I'm staying at the County Inn. that's about 1.5 miles from campus. I saw on Google maps that there's a Red Robin, PF Changs, Buffalo Wild Wings, Osaka Japanese Steakhouse and Cantina grill within walking distance of where I'm staying. Let me know what you guys are planning, I'd love to meet you all!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

On 9/9/2017 at 6:49 AM, RD_to_PA said:

Sept 13 Interviewees: Would love to get dinner the night before if anyone is interested! Current PA students welcome too :)

Hi! My name is Lauren, I'm a Sept 13 interviewee and would like to meet up for dinner. Please message me, excited to meet everyone!

On 9/9/2017 at 6:49 AM, RD_to_PA said:

Sept 13 Interviewees: Would love to get dinner the night before if anyone is interested! Current PA students welcome too :)

Hi, I am a Sept 13 interviewee and def would love to join you for dinner if you guys have already set up a time and date let me know :))))

Archived