AT Still 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/25/2017 at 10:10 AM, eamaru16 said:

Hello all,

I will be interviewing Nov 8th. I am so very excited and most definitely a little nervous. I am hoping to arrive at least a day prior to tour the area and get to know Phoenix a little bit better. I lived in Tucson for a while but never took the opportunity to sight see around Northern Arizona. Will anyone else be arriving early? Would you like to meet up prior to our interview day to break the ice and get to know each other?

-Emily

Hi Emily,

I am also interviewing Nov. 8th. I am interested in meeting up prior to our interview to meet. I will be flying in and arriving in the afternoon of Nov 7th. Congrats to you!!

-Lia

Hey everyone, 

I'm so encouraged by everyone's comments and positivity. I wish I had looked into discussion forums before my interview. I am curious if anyone interviewed on 9/27? And if anyone who has been accepted and currently lives in Arizona would like to have an informal meet up for coffee or lunch/dinner?

Just to share my process in hope that it may help or encourage others this cycle or next. I submitted my CAPSA application on 6/28. I received a secondary app invitation on 7/18 and submitted it on 7/27. Then I received an invitation to interview on 8/2. The only interview date available at that time was 9/27. I was told decisions would be shared within 2-3 weeks but received the acceptance phone call the following Monday, 10/2. This was my first time applying to PA programs (even with a not so great overall and science GPA). I originally planned on applying to 3 programs bc there is an emphasis on applying to as many programs as possible but I end up only applying to ATSU, which was my first choice. If anyone has questions, I happy to share my experience.

Best of luck to fellow future PAs interviewing next month :) 

21 hours ago, CMH2018 said:

Hey everyone, 

I'm so encouraged by everyone's comments and positivity. I wish I had looked into discussion forums before my interview. I am curious if anyone interviewed on 9/27? And if anyone who has been accepted and currently lives in Arizona would like to have an informal meet up for coffee or lunch/dinner?

Just to share my process in hope that it may help or encourage others this cycle or next. I submitted my CAPSA application on 6/28. I received a secondary app invitation on 7/18 and submitted it on 7/27. Then I received an invitation to interview on 8/2. The only interview date available at that time was 9/27. I was told decisions would be shared within 2-3 weeks but received the acceptance phone call the following Monday, 10/2. This was my first time applying to PA programs (even with a not so great overall and science GPA). I originally planned on applying to 3 programs bc there is an emphasis on applying to as many programs as possible but I end up only applying to ATSU, which was my first choice. If anyone has questions, I happy to share my experience.

Congrats! That's really impressive, applying to one school and getting in as a first time applicant. I was a second time applicant this cycle, applied to about ten schools, and was accepted into ATSU in August. I'm out of state (WA) and I won't be moving until later this Spring, but I'm really excited and can't wait for the program to begin.  

Hey everyone, 

Congratulations can’t wait to meet my future classmates! If any of you have social media message me so we can exchange

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 10/17/2017 at 9:54 AM, colin.obrochta said:

Congrats! That's really impressive, applying to one school and getting in as a first time applicant. I was a second time applicant this cycle, applied to about ten schools, and was accepted into ATSU in August. I'm out of state (WA) and I won't be moving until later this Spring, but I'm really excited and can't wait for the program to begin.  

Thanks! Congrats to you as well! I hope your move goes smoothly in the spring. I moved to Portland in 2014 but I am currently back in Arizona, so I can relate to the long drive. If you have any questions about the area, neighborhoods, etc I am happy to help. Congrats again! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2017 at 7:25 PM, LiaBean said:

Hi Emily,

I am also interviewing Nov. 8th. I am interested in meeting up prior to our interview to meet. I will be flying in and arriving in the afternoon of Nov 7th. Congrats to you!!

-Lia

Hello Lia, a decent size group of us Nov 8th interviewees will be meeting Nov 7th at 630pm at Seksun sushi. We would love to see you there. Just send me an email if you think you might join. :)

21 minutes ago, ChristineQLe said:

Received a rejection email today @ 13:20

Thank you for applying to the Arizona School of Health Sciences’ Physician Assistant Program.  The number of applicants this year has made the selection process very competitive.  Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you an interview.

Applications are evaluated with a multiple step decision matrix.  Our data shows 17% of applicants are offered interviews and 4% of applicants are accepted as students.  As you can see, not being selected reflects mainly on competitiveness, rather than any specific weakness in your application.

We extend best wishes on your future endeavors.  Please note, the PA program does not release personal information regarding a candidate’s application.

Sincerely,

Director – Admissions Processing

Hi Christine, I'm so sorry to hear about the rejection. I am waiting to hear back from them too. When did you interview with ATSU?

Just received a voicemail that I was accepted pending an open seat!!! I'm not sure how many others are on this list, but they said they would call as soon as a seat becomes available between now and June. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone still waiting to hear back from this awesome program.

2 hours ago, kp1027 said:

Just received a voicemail that I was accepted pending an open seat!!! I'm not sure how many others are on this list, but they said they would call as soon as a seat becomes available between now and June. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone still waiting to hear back from this awesome program.

Congratulations @kp1027 !!!! That's so exciting. I received the same invitation. I only hope for our own sakes that we do receive that final invitation. Even if it is so late as June :)

Archived