AT Still 2017-2018 Applicants

On 11/13/2017 at 6:12 PM, ChristineQLe said:

Received a rejection email today @ 13:20

Thank you for applying to the Arizona School of Health Sciences’ Physician Assistant Program.  The number of applicants this year has made the selection process very competitive.  Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you an interview.

Applications are evaluated with a multiple step decision matrix.  Our data shows 17% of applicants are offered interviews and 4% of applicants are accepted as students.  As you can see, not being selected reflects mainly on competitiveness, rather than any specific weakness in your application.

We extend best wishes on your future endeavors.  Please note, the PA program does not release personal information regarding a candidate’s application.

Sincerely,

Director – Admissions Processing

So sorry to hear that, Christine. Wish you the best for any other programs.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/13/2017 at 3:00 PM, kla said:

Hi everyone!

I'll be interviewing on 11/29 and would love to meet up with any free current students/applicants the evening before (Tuesday 11/28). Please feel free to email me at kmwigley@ucdavis.edu if you'd like to get together.

This is my top choice program so I am beyond thankful.

Best - Kayla

Nice Job, Kayla. I also will be interviewing on 11/29. I think that is an awesome idea to meet up the day before. Anyone else interviewing that day?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone -

So far 3 of us are meeting this Tuesday (11/28) for dinner before our interview Wednesday. If any current students or other applicants want to join please feel free to email me at kmwigley@ucdavis.edu. Looking forward to seeing the campus and meeting everyone!

Also, if anyone who has already interviewed wouldn't mind sharing their experience that would be greatly appreciated. I am curious if there is a campus tour involved.

Best - Kayla

Yes there was a campus tour involved. The facility is really nice and updated. I also like that it is smaller so there is a close community feel. The campus is located next to farmland and fields which is a bonus. For the tour, there are stairs involved so be careful walking in heels. Remember to stay engaged, keep your phones away, and get to know your peers! (: 

4 minutes ago, ajames said:

Yes there was a campus tour involved. The facility is really nice and updated. I also like that it is smaller so there is a close community feel. The campus is located next to farmland and fields which is a bonus. For the tour, there are stairs involved so be careful walking in heels. Remember to stay engaged, keep your phones away, and get to know your peers! (: 

Thank you so much! I was concerned about shoes so this is really great to know in advance.

Has anyone from the 11/29 session heard back? I really enjoyed the interview day and it was more relaxed than I expected. From what I've seen during the tour during the interview day and introduction by the chair, I started to see ATSU as the most suited program for me out of the 7 programs I applied to this cycle. If one doesn't mind about the out-of-state rotation possibility, I will not be surprised if you fall in love with this program :)

Hi everyone! I haven't posted here but I just wanted to share some information for those curious. I interviewed October 4th and I thought that both the faculty and students made the interview really personable and awesome! They certainly care about their students and they're really driven by their mission. Anyways, I also received an acceptance call the week after—pending an open-seat...aka waitlist lol. The interview should also last up until 130-2ish.

17 hours ago, HopefulPAinAZ said:

I interviewed in July and haven't heard a decision yet. I keep getting the update emails but no decision as of yet.

Thanks for sharing! I am in the same boat, I think, but I interviewed in October. What kind of update emails are you getting? The last I heard was 10/16 that I had a "hold" status, but I haven't heard anything since. 

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:19 AM, beccar said:

Thanks for sharing! I am in the same boat, I think, but I interviewed in October. What kind of update emails are you getting? The last I heard was 10/16 that I had a "hold" status, but I haven't heard anything since. 

Those are the emails I have been getting. Saying I'm on hold for a potential seat in the class. Except now it seems like they are only accepting people pending an open seat with their class being full. I'm guessing if we haven't heard yet then we likely are waitlisted or rejected at this point.  

• 2 weeks later...
On December 26, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Kaylee272 said:

Have any accepted students heard about a fb group? I know bonnie said they'd make one once the class was complete but I'm getting anxious to meet all of you :) 

Not yet! I'm excited too! After reading previous threads (hahahha) I noticed other students got more program info and student accounts toward the end of january, so i'm assuming we'd hear something around then.

5 hours ago, Jesscfisher said:

Not yet! I'm excited too! After reading previous threads (hahahha) I noticed other students got more program info and student accounts toward the end of january, so i'm assuming we'd hear something around then.

Okay, thanks for the update! The wait is making me anxious hahaha hopefully we hear soon! 

I haven’t posted on here before but I am a second time applicant to ATSU. I interviewed in November and loved their program, faculty and students! I had the opportunity to shadow a class a few days before my interview too and it made me even more excited to start the program! I heard back the next week via email that I was being considered but I don’t have an official status yet. I called and asked but it sounds like they are still deciding. Anyone else waiting for a status? Hope everyone had a good New Years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Applicants and Future C/O 2020,

I'm a current student in the C/O 2019 and the lead in the Mentor Program.  I will be sending all accepted students information regarding the mentor program in the near future (when the program completely fills).  As far as the Facebook page goes, I will talk to Bonnie next Monday and try to get that set up.  If anyone has any questions you can PM me.

Have a good 2018 and good luck :)

23 hours ago, KAJohnson said:

I haven’t posted on here before but I am a second time applicant to ATSU. I interviewed in November and loved their program, faculty and students! I had the opportunity to shadow a class a few days before my interview too and it made me even more excited to start the program! I heard back the next week via email that I was being considered but I don’t have an official status yet. I called and asked but it sounds like they are still deciding. Anyone else waiting for a status? Hope everyone had a good New Years!

Hi! I think you're in the same position that I am in, with a "hold"/unofficial status. Last I talked to Bonnie was before Christmas and she said that today, 1/3, is their last interview and they will be contacting all the "hold" applicants with an official status after today. I am guessing that means we'll hear within a few days/weeks. Best of luck to you! :) And Happy New Year!

Hi! I think you're in the same position that I am in, with a "hold"/unofficial status. Last I talked to Bonnie was before Christmas and she said that today, 1/3, is their last interview and they will be contacting all the "hold" applicants with an official status after today. I am guessing that means we'll hear within a few days/weeks. Best of luck to you! :) And Happy New Year!

Hi there! Thank you so much for your response. That helps a lot actually! When did you interview?? Hopefully we will hear soon or at least get a status in the coming weeks. Happy New Year! :)

1 hour ago, Hellopaschool said:

I received an email this morning saying that I’m officially on the “Alternates” list. Good luck everyone! 

I interviewed on 1/3 and just received an email notifying me I was not selected.  Hopefully this means that the acceptance calls are going out as well...best of luck to everyone still awaiting a decision!  

Archived