AT Still 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got an email from AZ Admissions! The preview read, "Please join us...." Imagine the relief I felt to finally hear from them. The excitement or learning that I will be interviewed, that I have a shot. As I opened the email, heart pounding, mouth suddenly dry, I learn that I am invited to an OPEN HOUSE! Well played AT Still, well played. Hope that made some of those still waiting laugh. Keeps the spirits up.

26 minutes ago, Ineedaname said:

I just got an email from AZ Admissions! The preview read, "Please join us...." Imagine the relief I felt to finally hear from them. The excitement or learning that I will be interviewed, that I have a shot. As I opened the email, heart pounding, mouth suddenly dry, I learn that I am invited to an OPEN HOUSE! Well played AT Still, well played. Hope that made some of those still waiting laugh. Keeps the spirits up.

I go to the exact same email! I also got one from Touro in Nevada. Way to play with our emotions. I was so excited. 

Hey guys!

2nd time applicant and applied back in May. Haven't heard anything good or bad yet. Hoping for the best. Congrats to those who have received interviews, and to those that have been accepted! For the folks that have been accepted, how did you prepare for your interviews?

40 minutes ago, Markbooq said:

Hey guys!

2nd time applicant and applied back in May. Haven't heard anything good or bad yet. Hoping for the best. Congrats to those who have received interviews, and to those that have been accepted! For the folks that have been accepted, how did you prepare for your interviews?

It sounds very cliche to "just be yourself" but it is truly the best advice. You will feel much more comfortable, you will come of as more genuine, and at the end of the day you want them to see the real you so they can determine if you are in fact a good fit in the program. Some more concrete advice I found helpful in my preparation was to have three reasons why you want to be a PA (specific reasons), three reasons why you specifically would like to go to the program you're interviewing at, and finally three reasons why you feel you are the best candidate/fit for the program. So essentially know about the PA profession, know about the program itself, and know yourself as an applicant. In my experience, there aren't many questions, if any, that will be asked of you that are outside of those three realms. I found many of the video clips on this site to be helpful as well. (I was also a 2nd time applicant)

http://www.paflix.com/videoscategory/interview/?most_viewed=videos

21 minutes ago, ecolvard said:

I haven't received it yet…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, colin.obrochta said:

I haven't received anything yet either

Good to know! I just interviewed on 8/9; so I am sure it might be a few more days. I thought I would check though! 

19 hours ago, colin.obrochta said:

It sounds very cliche to "just be yourself" but it is truly the best advice. You will feel much more comfortable, you will come of as more genuine, and at the end of the day you want them to see the real you so they can determine if you are in fact a good fit in the program. Some more concrete advice I found helpful in my preparation was to have three reasons why you want to be a PA (specific reasons), three reasons why you specifically would like to go to the program you're interviewing at, and finally three reasons why you feel you are the best candidate/fit for the program. So essentially know about the PA profession, know about the program itself, and know yourself as an applicant. In my experience, there aren't many questions, if any, that will be asked of you that are outside of those three realms. I found many of the video clips on this site to be helpful as well. (I was also a 2nd time applicant)

http://www.paflix.com/videoscategory/interview/?most_viewed=videos

This is a great tip. I also want to say that when preparing, try not to memorize your responses. I came up with a small list of general questions and jotted notes on examples that could help me answer those questions but I avoided using complete sentences in order not to sound robotic. It also allows you to think about your actual reasoning and be prepared to answer similar questions using real life examples you can pull from. I used examples from my undergraduate experiences, volunteer work, and patient encounters. So anything you can think of that has influenced you.

8 hours ago, beccar said:

Hello! I was wondering if anyone has been accepted with a pending pre-requisite? 

Hi there! I was accepted with a pending med-terminology class. Should have it done by october though. I haven't received the acceptance package yet to see if they note my pending class status though. If i notice anything, I'll update ya.

Archived