AT Still 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Fellow Applicants! This will be my third year applying. I am committed! While I am a sad it has not worked out yet, each year I have not been admitted, I have been presented with some incredible opportunities and possibly even once in a life time experiences. So, for those applying again, look a this time as opportunity to grow, learn, and prepare yourself to one day be the best possible physician assistant you could be. This is going to be a wonderful year. Lets all stay connected and encourage. 

Hi everyone! I will be applying here for the second time. I applied really late in the cycle last year and i'm hoping applying early will make a difference. Has anyone who is applying for the second or third time been accepted pending an open seat in the past? 

Yes, I am accepted pending an open seat. However, I have been strongly advised to go ahead an reapply this upcoming cycle. 

Hey guys, 

I was accepted to ATSU last year in September and I am going to start my program in coming June. ATSU seems really good school to me during my interview, and I chose this program over others. I saw some of you are 2nd or 3rd times applicants, but don't feel discouraged. PA programs are very competitive these days. Please remember you are a very good applicant and have done/prepared a lot to apply to PA programs.

My advice for you is to apply many programs. CASPA mentioned that the average PA programs that students apply are 8 programs, but I can tell you that I applied way more than 8 programs. The percentage of getting interviews gets higher and higher if you apply to more and more programs. For A.T.Still specifically, please remember to apply early because it is rolling base admissions. As far as I remember, I submitted my application after 3 weeks of CASPA opening, and my interview was on 4th group or day.

Please try to finish and finalize your personal statement now before CASPA opens in April. Start making spread sheets of what you have done so far and what you have achieved. This will save a lot of times when you actually fill out in CASPA. You can also start thinking who would you ask for recommendation letter and maybe start approaching them. 

I want to help my fellow pre-PAs to get into a program, so don't hesitant to ask me any questions. I am not very good or knowledgable as others, but at least I can share my last year experiences with you. I will try to answer as much as I can - either here or private message. 

Best of luck! 

I want to add my 2 cents as well. While it is important to apply to multiple schools, don't go overboard. Use this time before CASPA opens to do your research on schools and find those that you are the most competitive and a better fit at. I originally applied to 8 programs that I had researched thoroughly. As the cycle went on, I got more and more nervous I wouldn't get in and ended up applying to 11 more schools which was a waste of money. I had 7 interviews this cycle and 5 of the 7 were schools on my original 8 school list so I had picked my original list well. And I ultimately was accepted at a program from my original 8. So pick well and you should be fine not applying to like 20 programs!

Apply early, many schools, prepare for interview. :) 

Applied - 15 schools 

Rejected - 7 schools without interview invitation (mostly from the east coast schools, I live in CA)

Interview invitation - 8 schools (I received 5 interview invitations in mid-September, which conflicted my work schedule and other interviews..Be prepared for any possible conflicts. Some programs offered me only one interview date) 

Interviewed 5 schools (2 acceptance, 2 waitlisted, 1 rejection) 

If you can, please do more community service such as soup kitchen. Let me know if you have any Qs. 

Extra tip : I applied for a Southwest credit card, used it for application fees, and enjoyed its sign-up bonus points for free flights during my interview trips. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I was wondering if someone can help me answer the supplemental application questions?

Why did you choose the Physician Assistant program at A.T. Still University?

How do you meet the ATSU mission?

I am confused on what to write and I hope somebody can help me write it?

Thank you

Shari

Hi!

I was wondering if someone can help me answer the supplemental application questions?

Why did you choose the Physician Assistant program at A.T. Still University?

How do you meet the ATSU mission?

I am confused on what to write and I hope somebody can help me write it?

Thank you

Shari

Are these two separate questions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Application submitted 4/28

Secondary application complete 5/17

Good luck everybody!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Perhaps I am missing something, but I don't see the link under the secondary applications for the PA program? I only see applications for the "advanced PA" or "non-bac advanced PA"... Where did you find the secondary application?

Perhaps I am missing something, but I don't see the link under the secondary applications for the PA program? I only see applications for the "advanced PA" or "non-bac advanced PA"... Where did you find the secondary application?

ATSU will send you the secondary if you meet their standards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmtam is correct. You'll receive an email for the secondary once they see your CASPA app and want you to move forward.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Submitted CASPA Friday 5/19 and verified Monday 5/22. Heard back from ATSU on 5/23 inviting for secondary application. Finished secondary application 5/23 and submitted with payment. Emailed morning of 5/24 indicating a complete application status and that my application is being forwarded to admissions committee for final review. 

Archived