2015-2016 Duke University Application Thread

CASPA verified 6/26

Duke app complete 7/14

Duke Supp submitted 7/30

App under review (finally) 9/28

I gotta tell you I wrote this school off forever ago because I saw everyone getting interviews that applied way after me. I guess you never know. I am back on the hope train :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet JDizz! Good luck let's just hope we get good news from here. It seems like it takes 3 to 4 weeks to get the invite after the under review email

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Well they are only doing interviews into early December and they try to let you know with enough time to travel so we may not have to wait as long as everyone else. I know they are up to mid October so we should be hearing something soon regardless ;)

I applied as a long shot and just received my "under review" email. I will keep people posted on whether I get an interview or rejection letter. Out of curiosity, does anyone know the earliest a rejection letter would come? Just, you know, trying to plan my life and stuff. : )

I applied as a long shot and just received my "under review" email. I will keep people posted on whether I get an interview or rejection letter. Out of curiosity, does anyone know the earliest a rejection letter would come? Just, you know, trying to plan my life and stuff. : )

Wow that was fast I had to wait 2 months for that email. Good luck with the process. I think according to last year's forum rejections started going out in October. But then again it could be different this year because it took 2 months for me to receive my application review email :)

Wow that was fast I had to wait 2 months for that email. Good luck with the process. I think according to last year's forum rejections started going out in October. But then again it could be different this year because it took 2 months for me to receive my application review email :)

Thanks for the information! Good luck to everyone!

I've been under review by the admissions committee since August 14th.... Very frustrating process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear ya. I gave up on Duke when I had everything submitted and verified by July 30th and never received the "review email" until yesterday. Now I have been emotionally dragged back into the waiting game. We can do it! Hang in there.^_^

just got invited for interview on Oct 27! I'm flying in from really far north and was wondering if anyone was interested in sharing/splitting the fee for hotel. Also, if there were any current students out there who could advise for a cheap/decent hotel. I'll prob be arriving around 9-11pm on Oct 26.

just got invited for interview on Oct 27! I'm flying in from really far north and was wondering if anyone was interested in sharing/splitting the fee for hotel. Also, if there were any current students out there who could advise for a cheap/decent hotel. I'll prob be arriving around 9-11pm on Oct 26.

Congrats! When did you get the "review" email?

Congrats on your interview! This whole application & interview process is $$$! Have you checked out Air BnB ( https://www.airbnb.com/s/Durham--NC ) ? Give it a looksee- you might find something a little more affordable on there. Best!

Hello future classmates!

I submitted my CASPA 8/14

it was received by Duke 9/8

Supplemental app submitted 9/20

Complete email received 9/21

Good luck to everyone! Will post with updates. These previous posts have really helped me with knowing what a realistic timeline is so keep it up! :)

Hello future classmates!

I submitted my CASPA 8/14

it was received by Duke 9/8

Supplemental app submitted 9/20

Complete email received 9/21

Good luck to everyone! Will post with updates. These previous posts have really helped me with knowing what a realistic timeline is so keep it up! :)

That was quick!  I submitted CASPA in early July 14, supplemental September 7, and still haven't received a "complete" email.  Anyone think I should be concerned?

That was quick!  I submitted CASPA in early July 14, supplemental September 7, and still haven't received a "complete" email.  Anyone think I should be concerned?

That means they dont have something of yours...you should probably call/email and see if they're missing anything....like GRE scores. 

That means they dont have something of yours...you should probably call/email and see if they're missing anything....like GRE scores. 

Thanks!  I emailed Wendi the day I submitted my supplemental, and she said they had GRE scores.  I didn't ask about transcripts.  I hate to bother them, but also don't want to be passed by for simply not asking.

submitted caspa mid june (I think..)

verfified 2-3 weeks later

got forwarded to committee 9.14

interview invite for 10/27.

in the email  they said they want sealed, official transcript from all previous coursework... do they meal they don't want you to open the envelope from the school? i have official transcripts but i already opened them up to fill out the caspa

Thanks!  I emailed Wendi the day I submitted my supplemental, and she said they had GRE scores.  I didn't ask about transcripts.  I hate to bother them, but also don't want to be passed by for simply not asking.

Hey it can never hurt to ask. I've emailed Wendy a couple times and she's been awesome. I'm sure she'd help you look into it. If its helps, I also received my "complete" email the day after I sent in my supplemental so I think you should have heard something by now. I'd also check your junk mail folder and see if it accidentally ended up in there. 

submitted caspa mid june (I think..)

verfified 2-3 weeks later

got forwarded to committee 9.14

interview invite for 10/27.

in the email  they said they want sealed, official transcript from all previous coursework... do they meal they don't want you to open the envelope from the school? i have official transcripts but i already opened them up to fill out the caspa

I'm pretty certain they want unopened copies. 

Archived