2015-2016 Duke University Application Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way to go submitting early! Looks like Duke gives priority to those submitted before August 15, so you are definitely on the ball.

Seems like CASPA processed your transcripts very quickly, which is great. Mine have been sent in and as soon as they are confirmed by CASPA, I'll be submitting as well.

Best of luck on your application cycle!

Just submitted to Duke as well. I contacted CASPA to ask if transcripts needed to be verified before submitting and they said to submit now, and that the information from transcripts will be updated for the program at that time.

So it just got real! I'm submitting to all of my programs today now that I have this info.

I've

submitted  also. They won't mark your application "complete" until your transcripts are in.

I interviewed last year at Duke and it was really great. Unfortunately, I didn't get in just because of the sheer volume of applicants that are all highly competitive.

CASPA's website says that it could take up to 4 weeks for programs to get the applications materials after they are marked "complete" by CASPA, which could take from 2-4 weeks alone.

Did you apply to many programs last cycle @DStillwagon?

Is there any insight you can offer applicant this cycle on how the process was for you last year? What was great about the program in your view?

I only applied to three programs last cycle. I assumed I'd get into my local program and the other two were "eh, why not?" choices. I didn't get an interview at the local program (West Liberty). I was invited to Duke and put on the interview wait list for Elon.

I submitted my application at the end of July. Got an invite in November.

It is very nerve wracking because of the waiting and uncertainty. Duke's program was very nice. The interview was an all-day process. Presentation in the morning, lunch with current students, class observation, individual and group interviews in the afternoon. Lunch was delicious too!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived