2015-2016 Duke University Application Thread

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gah! Accidentally hit submit on my phone. What I meant to say was, I really want to email and ask if I'm still under consideration, but I'm holding off. They really are pretty clear about don't contact us. Understandable considering they've received 2000+ applications.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

Gah! Accidentally hit submit on my phone. What I meant to say was, I really want to email and ask if I'm still under consideration, but I'm holding off. They really are pretty clear about don't contact us. Understandable considering they've received 2000+ applications.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

I know its tough to hold out on waiting, but they are reviewing 2500+ applications. The way I look at it is, you haven't been rejected so there is still a chance. From previous years people were getting interview invites until December so I would wait until after the deadline for any further questions about you application.

Best of Luck !

Anywhere else I'd say go for it...Duke is pretty clear that they don't want to hear from people until Jan 2nd.

Its a fine line. I emailed Wendy with transcript updates because CASPA wasn't allowing me to update them for whatever reason.  You don't want to bombard them with questions or status update requests,  however this is your future. The only person in this process advocating for you is you. That's been my experience from my current profession anyway but I'm sure it transcends all.

Good point on the advocating for yourself thing. So, I went ahead and just sent a really brief email in reply to my 11/2 app complete email and got a very kind reply back that yes, I did make the deadline and yes, I still am under consideration and that it would take several weeks to get to my application. Whew! I feel better.

Hi everyone,

Congratulations to those of you who has been accepted! For those still waiting, hang in there. I know first hand how painful it is. Hopefully you will here some good news soon!

For reference, here is my own timeline:

July 4th: CASPA Submitted

July 14th (or thereabout): CASPA verified

August 17th: Submitted Duke Supplemental Application

August 19th: Duke "Application Complete" email

October 7th: "Application is under Review" email

October 28th: Interview Invitation for December 7th

Also, if there is anyone who is interviewing on the same day and is interested in getting together the day/night before for dinner or coffee, please let me know! The interview process can be stressful and I know for me, it would be great to see a familiar face(s) the day of :)

I applied to Duke last year and received a rejection letter in, I believe, December. My review email was late September and it seems like they've already started in on October reviews. This leads me to believe I won't be invited for an interview but won't be officially rejected until December.

Just wanted to let everyone know that rejections have started to go out. I received mine today in the mail. Another one bites the dust. Goodluck to everyone that has been accepted or interviewing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hey Jdizzl11, I'm sorry you didn't get in. :( I hope you get into a great school. Would you mind telling me when you received your application under review email?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received my application under review email on 9/21 and just received my rejection letter in the mail. Best of luck to everyone else though!!

Hi so sorry to hear.. i hope you get in an amazing program.. can u please tell me when u submitted your application? I'm trying to understand if they are going in the order of application recieved..

Archived