2015-2016 Duke University Application Thread

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got invited to interview on the 9th, so there's still hope for those waiting! I was wondering if any of you who have interviewed already could comment on whether they offer geographically diverse locations? I would love to do a rotation in my home state of Wisconsin, up where I used to live in Alaska, and internationally. I've been admitted to another very accommodating program, so I'm wondering if it's worth the $ to go out there and interview. Any info would be great! Their website is rather scant on rotations. Feel free to PM me if preferred. Thanks and good luck everyone! :)

Based on this thread, it sounds like Duke already sent out one round of initial rejections (around Nov 3) and at least two rounds of interview invitations (one for Nov 18 and another for Dec 9). I still haven't heard anything and I applied close to the Oct 1 deadline. How long should we continue to hold out hope? My best read is that it looks like there are 16 members of the Facebook group that is for people that have been fully accepted. The class holds 88. So, there's still a ways to go yet.

Based on this thread, it sounds like Duke already sent out one round of initial rejections and at least two rounds of interview invitations. I still haven't heard anything and I applied close to the Oct 1 deadline. How long should we continue to hold out hope? My best read is that it looks like there are 16 members of the Facebook group that is for people that have been fully accepted. The class holds 88. So, there's still a ways to go yet.

Looking at last year their invites went into February...so I'm still hoping to be a blue devil

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I just got invited to interview on the 9th, so there's still hope for those waiting! I was wondering if any of you who have interviewed already could comment on whether they offer geographically diverse locations? I would love to do a rotation in my home state of Wisconsin, up where I used to live in Alaska, and internationally. I've been admitted to another very accommodating program, so I'm wondering if it's worth the $ to go out there and interview. Any info would be great! Their website is rather scant on rotations. Feel free to PM me if preferred. Thanks and good luck everyone! :)

Congratulations! When did you receive your under review email? Mine was October 12th and I'm still anxiously waiting!

Congratulations! When did you receive your under review email? Mine was October 12th and I'm still anxiously waiting!

Thank you. I got the under review email on October 22nd. Since they interview into February, maybe they make a second pass at apps at some point though? Good luck!

Haven't heard a thing either.  I haven't even received an "under review" email, but haven't received a rejection letter. All my information was complete in September. I've already emailed Wendy once to make sure they had all my necessary info, but I'm wondering if I have somehow fallen through the cracks. Think I should check again or just keep being patient?  The waiting is definitely the hardest part. :-/

Hey guys, I just got an interview invite today! It's for Jan 11, and I applied basically at the last minute - I got the "CASPA application received and complete" email right around Oct 1, and then I got my supplemental app submitted in late October. I'd been starting to wonder if there were still any interviews left or if I'd missed the boat, so hopefully sharing this is helpful to others who are still waiting. Good luck to everyone!

Hey guys, I just got an interview invite today! It's for Jan 11, and I applied basically at the last minute - I got the "CASPA application received and complete" email right around Oct 1, and then I got my supplemental app submitted in late October. I'd been starting to wonder if there were still any interviews left or if I'd missed the boat, so hopefully sharing this is helpful to others who are still waiting. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats on the invite! How did you hear from them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone send them updated coursework? Classes just finished up for me and I had pre reqs left

Definitely update your CASPA with the new grades (I'm in the same boat, i finish on thursday) and then I would email them and see if they want you to send them a transcript proving your completion. Let me know what they tell you because I have to do the same thing

Those of you that have been accepted, would you mind sharing your stats?  Since it's hard to get feedback from admissions committees (I was Tabled after the interview) I figured I'd play the game of trying to figure out where I am falling short by comparing my stats to those of applicants that have been accepted.  Maybe I can glean something and figure out how to improve if I have to apply again next cycle.  Thanks so much, and congrats to all of you

Archived