2015-2016 Duke University Application Thread

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received my CASPA app June 29

Supplemental submitted July 12

Application complete (GRE scores received) July 14 "Your application has been been placed in a queue for review."

Then I received no email after that. I contacted the program to see if there were any updates, and a faculty member responded that there was not. Then, mysteriously, the same day I did that and got that response (Sept 21), I received a separate email from paadmission@duke.edu saying this:

"The Duke University Physician Assistant Program has received your CASPA, your Supplemental application, and your GRE scores.  These are all the materials required to complete your application to our program.  The application will now be forwarded to our Admissions Committee. "

I'm now slightly worried that my app wasn't forwarded to the admissions committee after my application complete date, July 14 and it's been sitting, unreviewed and out of queue between July 14 and Sept 29. I'm hoping this isn't affecting my application, since Duke operates on rolling admissions.

Would anyone be willing to post their Stats? Please? Pretty Please? It would help a lot!

Don't get so worried about stats! I see so many posts like this on the forum.  Duke especially looks at the applicant as a WHOLE.  Stats mean nothing if your personal statement/recommendations were really bad or really good. I got interviews for schools I never thought I'd interview for, and I received denials from programs I thought I had a good chance with. Programs now get flooded with applicants, so they really take into account your entire application. Just make sure you meet the minimum requirements and have faith in your statement/recommendations!! :)

I feel incredibly dumb, but I'm confused by something on the supplemental app. Where it says "Explanation" on the non-patient care employment & volunteer experience, do they want an explanation for the frequency (the box is immediately next to that one) or an explanation of the experience? It feels so redundant with CASPA having the same info! Just want to make sure. Thank you!

I feel incredibly dumb, but I'm confused by something on the supplemental app. Where it says "Explanation" on the non-patient care employment & volunteer experience, do they want an explanation for the frequency (the box is immediately next to that one) or an explanation of the experience? It feels so redundant with CASPA having the same info! Just want to make sure. Thank you!

I took it as explanation of the experience. I typed out what I did/observed, etc. I think I also included length and days of experience if it was sporadic. Don't feel dumb; I got confused about parts on the supp app as well :)

Would anyone be willing to post their Stats? Please? Pretty Please? It would help a lot!

I will post my stats for you as I always appreciated it when other folks have done so.  At the same time I think what JED617 said is spot on the raw stats are not the only determining factor.  For instance my cumulative GPA isn't extremely high, but that is due to lackluster performance early on in my undergraduate career (which for me was 16 years ago).  Anyway, I wish you the best of luck, here are my stats.

Cumulative GPA: 3.43

Science GPA: 3.76

GRE:  328 -- Verbal 168, Quant. 160, Writing 5.5

HCE hours: 1800

I took it as explanation of the experience. I typed out what I did/observed, etc. I think I also included length and days of experience if it was sporadic. Don't feel dumb; I got confused about parts on the supp app as well :)

Thank you!!! :) that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to say congrats to everyone applying/interviewing! I am a current Duke PA first year and the program is amazing. I was in your shoes last year and I know it can be rough. Just try to hang in there and give it all you got. Good luck!!

Thanks Cindi!  What do you think are some of the strengths of the program/things you have enjoyed about it thus far?  

Archived