2015-2016 Duke University Application Thread

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they want you to end what your hours would be in October because you are supposed to be at 2000 or more before you start Duke (or interview for them ). On my CASPA app I put still employed for my current employment but on the supp app I ended it on October 1. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I thought Duke required 1000 hours? I've combed their website and CASPA and cannot find anything about 2000 hours, but I also haven't received the supplemental yet. Does it say 2k hours on the supplemental?

I thought Duke required 1000 hours? I've combed their website and CASPA and cannot find anything about 2000 hours, but I also haven't received the supplemental yet. Does it say 2k hours on the supplemental?

I may have gotten the hour requirements mixed up with another school. I was just throwing a number out there for an example. Sorry wasn't trying to worry anyone lol.

I have a few questions in regards to the supplemental application and I am hoping I can find answers for them here. 

1. For the colleges/course sections: If I have for example 2.5 credits in a class, would I round up or round down when inputting them into the credits section? (The application does not let me put half credits)

2. For the biology course section: What constitutes an applied science course and course with a science orientation which are part of a clinical health profession education? (I believe the latter is for example if I took a biology class specific to nursing or something along these line, am I correct?)

3. Lastly, is the volunteer section for both non=patient healthcare volunteering and community volunteering? (For some reason, my healthcare volunteering auto-populated into the PAID non-patient care section and I don't know if this is where they want it to go)

Thank you all in advance and I wish you all the best of luck (:

I think they are doing it different this year since CASPA has changed. I received several emails. I received an email that said my CASPA was complete. Then another email containing the link to the supplemental. Then another email saying my supplemental was complete. Then another email saying that my application was considered complete and to not contact the university and if I am selected for an interview I will hear something in fall. Hope this clarifies things for you.

The Duke University Physician Assistant Program has received your GRE scores from CASPA.

This completes your application to the Duke PA Program. Your application has been been placed in a queue for review. During peak application time, it could take at least 4 weeks to hear from us. Please DO NOT call for a status check.

Once your application has been verified as complete and accurate, the program will e-mail you. At that time, the faculty readers will begin to review your application for interview. Interview decisions are sent out as late as December 20. If you have not heard anything regarding a status on December 31, please feel free to call us.

I received this email on August 13th.  Does anyone know if this means that I met the early deadline of August 15th? 

The Duke University Physician Assistant Program has received your GRE scores from CASPA.

This completes your application to the Duke PA Program. Your application has been been placed in a queue for review. During peak application time, it could take at least 4 weeks to hear from us. Please DO NOT call for a status check.

Once your application has been verified as complete and accurate, the program will e-mail you. At that time, the faculty readers will begin to review your application for interview. Interview decisions are sent out as late as December 20. If you have not heard anything regarding a status on December 31, please feel free to call us.

I received this email on August 13th. Does anyone know if this means that I met the early deadline of August 15th?

I would say yes

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk

Jdizzl11, I was referring to the email that states that your application is being currently reviewed by the admissions committee. This email was sent out the last 2 years the first week of Aug. It's sent after the application complete email but before interview invitations went out.

Pink peonies,

I received it today. "Your Duke PA application is being reviewed"

Archived